One of the best ways to achieve incredible results in your life is to model others who have succeeded before. At least- that’s how our guest today was able to do over 100 deals- all before his 28th birthday! Today Matt Aitchison shares his story of overcoming a rough past and how he used real estate to define an incredible future. This powerful show is slammed packed with actionable tips and tactics that YOU can use, right now, in your business to increase your net worth through real estate investing! This show is bound to go down in the books as one of the greatest shows in BiggerPockets history!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: PATLive. PATLive’s team of superstar receptionists will always leave your customers delighted. Every agent goes through a rigorous training course before they can answer calls, and we’ve got quality assurance down to an art.
Learn more by visiting PATLive.com/biggerpockets!
Fire Round Sponsor
A huge thanks as well to our Fire Round sponsor FreshBooks.
FreshBooks customers spend less time on paperwork, freeing up 2 days per month to focus on the work they love. What would you do with that extra time?
Learn more by visiting FreshBooks.
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Matt learned to invest as a child!
- Matt’s first deal – that made him $100,000
- Teaching your kids about real estate investing
- Building a sizable real estate team
- How Matt “models” others to achieve success
- How to attract a mentor
- The importance of “showing up“
- What makes a good wholesaler?
- The creative strategy Matt uses to buy properties for $0 out of pocket!
- How to vet a borrower if you are the lender
- How Matt handle the phone leads in his business
- Hiring an intern to replace your day-to-day tasks
- The actual response and conversion rates Matt gets from direct mail
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- New PRO Feature: Keep Track of Colleagues Through Lists! (forum post)
- BiggerPockets Pro
- BiggerPockets Calculators
- BRRRR Strategy
- Grays Harbor HomeBuyers
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The Book on Tax Strategies for the Savvy Real Estate Investor by Amanda Han and Matt MacFarland
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Brandon Turner’s The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down
- The ABCs of Real Estate Investing by Ken McElroy
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
- The One Thing by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
- “If you’re not keeping score you’re just practicing.” (Tweet This!)
- “Life rewards the people who show up everyday.” (Tweet This!)