Today on the BiggerPockets Podcast we sit down with real estate investor Mark Ferguson to talk about his adventures in flipping and renting single family homes in the Colorado market. Mark is truly a real estate superhero: managing a real estate sales team, flipping houses, making offers, being a landlord, and writing about real estate all while working less hours than the normal employee (all while also having twin toddlers at home!)
Mark has truly mastered the art of delegation, team building, and using systems to stay on track and find success in his business – and he shares all his secrets with us today, so don’t miss a second of this incredible show!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
In This Show, We Cover:
- Should you get your real estate license?
- Tips for buying properties on the MLS
- Using electronic signatures to get more deals
- Why Mark doesn’t buy multifamily properties
- How to find a niche and strategy for your investment business
- Finding the “sweet spots” in your market
- Working with Portfolio loans
- When should you hire an employee to manage your rentals?
- Why Mark chooses to pay off his loans
- Finding and managing contractors
- How Mark decides if he’ll flip or rent a house
- Finding time to fit in all the busy parts of life
- The team members who help Mark work less than 40 hours per week
- Why Mark wants to buy 100 houses
- How to invest when the bank says “no.”
- And lots more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Success Stories Forum
- Five Tips to Get Great Deals On the MLS (Including Buying Houses on Friday…?) by Mark Ferguson
- The Real Estate Agent’s Ultimate Guide to Working with Investors
- How Life Coaching has Helped Improve My Business and Life by Mark Ferguson
Books Mentioned in the Show
- The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller
- The Millionaire Real Estate Agent by Gary Keller
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
Take care of your real estate agent and they’ll take care of you. (Tweet This!)
When looking for good real estate deals, speed is the name of the game. (Tweet This!)
When investing in real estate – no one is going to do your job for you. (Tweet This!)
Make goals – and then break them down into actionable steps to accomplish them. (Tweet This!)