BiggerPockets Podcast 103: Building a Long Distance Real Estate Empire One House at a Time with Elizabeth Colegrove
Is it possible to invest in real estate at a distance — successfully?
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
While many might say “no,” today on the BiggerPockets Podcast we bring you Elizabeth Colegrove, who is working on securing her and her husband’s retirement by investing in one home at a time, largely from a distance. Learn the ins and outs of long distance property management and what to look for when deciding on properties to invest in.
From “house hacking” to 1031 exchanges to long distance investing and more, this show is packed with wisdom (and debates) that are bound to inspire you to move your business forward, no matter where you live and where you invest.
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
In This Show We Cover:
- How Elizabeth got started in real estate
- How she was introduced to real estate when she was young
- Discussions about 1031 deals
- Some tips on getting VA loans
- Tips for new investors in looking for a property
- How to successfully use short sales
- Self managing from a distance
- What type of properties she buys
- How she handles costs and how she calculates them
- Her future real estate goals
- A perspective on appreciation
- Plus MUCH more!
Links From the Show:
- BiggerPockets’ Plus and Pro
- BiggerPocket’s Short Sale Definitive Guide
- The Short Sale Process
- Elizabeth’s post on Short Sales