Building a real estate empire takes time, effort, and significant amounts of capital. However, as our guest today shares with us, it’s not beyond your reach! Learn how Brian Murray built a real estate portfolio to over 400 units using a variety of strategies and intelligent techniques. If you plan on building a large real estate portfolio in your future, this is a CAN’T MISS episode!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Brian got started with real estate
- Why he invested in commercial office space
- The techniques he used to get the place rented
- What exactly assuming the loan of the seller means
- A discussion about Capitalization Rates
- Value added investing
- How to use the 50% Rule with commercial properties
- The value of putting money back into the property
- How he manages his properties and his specific views on it
- How to find great deals
- Tips for real estate investors on getting started
- His biggest success and biggest mistake
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- #AskBP Podcast
- The One Thing You Need to Achieve Your Biggest Goals [#AskBP]
- BiggerPockets Podcast
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Podcast show 100 with Josh Dorkin
- BiggerPockets LinkedIn Profile
- BiggerPockets Facebook
- BiggerPockets Twitter
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The Complete Guide to Buying and Selling Apartment Buildings by Steve Berges
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff and It’s All Small Stuff by Richard Carlson
- “You can’t expect anyone to treat your property as well as you do yourself.” (Tweet This!)
- “You’re gonna see far better returns if you invest yourself and your time into your properties.” (Tweet This!)
- “A lot of people they think that a property is not for sale, everything is for sale.” (Tweet This!)
- “Grit is living life like a marathon, not a sprint.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Brian
Note By BiggerPockets: These are opinions written by the author and do not necessarily represent the opinions of BiggerPockets.