How does a new real estate investor go from zero properties to over 1,000 units in under a decade? Through careful scaling! That’s the topic on today’s BiggerPockets Podcast with guest Jason Cohen, an investor who has built a sizable portfolio utilizing systems, processes and people. You’ll learn about the financing strategies needed to make this adventure possible, as well as Jason’s incredible strategy for finding real estate deals that no one else is finding. Prepare to be blown away – this is one show for the record books!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
In This Episode We Cover:
- What Jason Cohen does and the niche he targets
- How he scaled from 7 units to a massive 148-unit business
- The debacle he encountered with his first employees
- How he achieved the first “right” hire
- How many employees he has for his company
- How he built systems to run such a huge business
- Jason’s tips for getting started
- Proven ways to find properties
- How he grew his business in just 9 years
- How he finances his real estate deals
- The importance of building a good track record with the banks
- Insight on mentorships
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- Top Ten Rookie Mistakes of the Multifamily Investor (blog)
- Building a Monster Wholesaling Business with Mike Nelson (podcast)
- Austin BizJournal
- Pittsburgh Business Times
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Podcast
Books Mentioned in this Show
- “If you want it, you’re going to find a solution.” (Tweet This!)
- “At some point you have to pull the trigger.” (Tweet This!)
- “If you make a mistake, create a system to where you can’t make that mistake again.” (Tweet This!)