How does someone shift from buying single family houses to buying hundred+ unit apartment complexes? That’s the topic we’re diving into today on the BiggerPockets Podcast with real estate investor and former CPA Brian Adams. This show is packed to the brim with actionable tips and advice for anyone looking to expand their real estate business, quit their job, raise private capital, and work less while enjoying life more. You’ll be inspired and motivated by interview, so don’t miss a moment of it!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By:
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: B2R Finance
A new commercial lender offering loans specifically for rental investors. B2R Finance could help you unlock equity from existing properties so you can get cash out now.
Learn more by visiting: B2RFinance.com
In This Episode We Cover:
- The important perspectives Brain gained from his grandfather and football coach
- How he bought a rental property with a CPA background
- The impetus he used to change how things were going with his life
- How to plan and implement a journey to real estate investing
- The process of partnering with a group
- Things Brian would’ve done better if he started all over again
- How to pick your partner’s brain when making deals
- Brian’s 98-unit deal — that ended up folding
- What to do when your investors back out on a deal
- What you should know about exit strategies
- How he gets paid with kind of deals he does
- How he plays matchmaker for investors and buyers
- The importance of the “ABM” (Always Be Marketing) strategy
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- Listen to BiggerPockets Podcast on Stitcher
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- BiggerPockets Forums
- Marcus & Millichap
- Multifamily and Apartment Investing Forums
- I quit my CPA Job to buy Large Apartment Buildings (Forum Thread)
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- 80/20 Sales and Marketing by Perry Marshall
- Emerging Real Estate Markets by David Lindahl
- It’s a Whole New Business by Gene Trowbridge
- Keep It!: Advanced Tax Strategies for IRAs by Joe O Luby III
- Getting Things Done by David Allen
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- No B.S. Marketing to the Affluent by Dan S. Kennedy
- Never Check E-Mail In the Morning by Julie Morgenstern
- “Education and the books are fine, but you got to get out there and take some risk.” (Tweet This!)
- “Let’s follow those who are smart, those who have done this before.” (Tweet This!)
- “5 percent of a great deal is better than a 100 percent of no deal.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Brian
Note By BiggerPockets: These are opinions written by the author and do not necessarily represent the opinions of BiggerPockets.