BiggerPockets Podcast 143: Quitting a 6-Figure Job to Go Full-Time in Real Estate with Nick Baldo
On this episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast we sit down with a real estate investor who quit his six-figure full-time job at a Fortune 100 company to pursue his real estate investing dreams. Our guest, Nick Baldo, shares his story of starting with nothing and turning that into a sizable business that both flips and rents houses. Oh, and Nick isn’t even thirty yet! Don’t miss this informative episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast!
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: Residential Investor One. Residential Investor One is a powerful cooperative of residential real estate investors dedicated to enhancing the efficiency and productivity of their members.
Learn more by calling 855-257-2201 or visiting residentialinvestorone.com/biggerpockets
Fire Round Sponsor
A huge thanks as well to our Fire Round sponsor FreshBooks.
FreshBooks customers spend less time on paperwork, freeing up 2 days per month to focus on the work they love. What would you do with that extra time?
Learn more by visiting FreshBooks.
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Nick got into real estate
- Where he is currently investing and the typical prices of houses in his area
- How he began flipping houses when he was just 23!
- Where he got his funding
- How he was able to do business with a private money lender
- Lessons learned from the first deals
- The importance of ARV analysis
- Why he took that first step despite the lack of knowledge
- The ins & outs of transitioning from flipping houses to house hacking
- How to handle real estate investing as a business
- How to scale your business by building systems
- The online tools he uses for managing his business
- How to use networking as marketing
- Where Nick’s business is today
- Tips for those who want to quit their jobs and become full time investors
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BP Podcast 142: 22 ½ ACTIONABLE Tips for Beginner Real Estate Investors With Josh and Brandon!
- Google Drive
- BiggerPockets Keyword Alerts
- BiggerPockets Forums
Books Mentioned in this Show
- FLIP: How to Find, Fix, and Sell Houses for Profit by Rick Villani and Clay Davis
- The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Outwitting the Devil: The Secret to Freedom and Success by Napoleon Hill
- “There are always people with extra money not knowing what to do with it.” (Tweet This!)
- “It’s impossible to get started without your character.” (Tweet This!)
- “We did things as a business that had a 100 rentals would do it.” (Tweet This!)