BiggerPockets Podcast 157: A Simple Morning Ritual to Help You Dominate Every Area of Your Life with Hal Elrod
He was clinically dead for six minutes. No heartbeat. No sign of life. But Hal Elrod came back from this devastating event and has impacted millions in the process through his bestselling book, The Miracle Morning. Today on the BiggerPockets Podcast you’ll hear Hal’s full story, from the drunk driver that nearly ended everything to the lessons he learned that completely revolutionized his life. Hal’s story — and his advice on reaching your full potential — is sure to rock your life and leave you forever changed for the better. No matter what stage of your real estate investing business you find yourself in today, this show is about to help you get to the next level. Hang on tight!
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
Famous Four Sponsor
A huge thanks as well to our Fire Round sponsor FreshBooks.
FreshBooks customers spend less time on paperwork, freeing up 2 days per month to focus on the work they love. What would you do with that extra time?
Learn more by visiting FreshBooks.
In This Episode We Cover:
- How to raise your potential for success
- Who Hal Elrod is
- Hal’s devastating accident
- The first book he wrote
- Details on his second book and why he started doing his morning ritual
- Why he was depressed to the point of losing his house
- The Morning Rituals
- The 6 most powerful proven personal development practices
- How much sleep do we really need?
- The S.A.V.E.R.S. — and why you should let this guide your morning
- Two forms of meditation
- Potential problems with affirmation and how to do it right
- How to realize the things that you are and are not in control of
- The two parts of visualization
- Why there’s magic in putting pen to paper
- How to change your life beyond just the financial
- How to apply these learnings to your life as an investor
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Keyword Alerts
- BP Podcast 005: Dealing with Death – A Financial Discussion with CFP Neal Frankle
- The Rudder of the Day (blog)
- 7-Minute Workout App
- The Five-minute Journal
- The Miracle Morning Community (Facebook Group)
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) by Hal Elrod
- Taking Life Head On! by Hal Elrod
- The Miracle Morning for Real Estate Agents by Hal Elrod
- The Miracle Morning for Salespeople by Hal Elrod
- The Miracle Morning for Network Marketers by Hal Elrod
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
- The ONE Thing by Gary Keller
- Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids by Dr. Laura Markham
- The Miracle Morning Journal by Hal Elrod
- The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone
- 10x Planner By Grant Cardone
- The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco
- “Your level of success will seldom exceed your level of personal development.” (Tweet This!)
- “Start your day with peaceful, purposeful silence.” (Tweet This!)
- “Win the morning and you win the day.” (Tweet This!)