BiggerPockets Podcast 237: Partnerships & BRRRR Investing While Working Full-Time With Ian Reeves
In this episode of The BiggerPockets Podcast, we’re excited to talk about two incredibly powerful strategies any real estate investor (new or experienced!) can use to grow their business: partnerships and BRRRR investing. Today’s guest, Ian Reeves, used a combination of both these strategies to build an incredible portfolio in just the past few years, having started after listening to this very podcast. This episode is sure to blow your mind with both education and entertainment, so sit back and prepare to have your world rocked forever!
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Check out Freddie Mac, the leader of multifamily financing, they make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable.
Get a quote today by visiting: freddiemac.com/smallloan
Fire Round Sponsor
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
Try it today with a discount: simplisafepockets.com
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Ian got started
- The details of his first property
- Why house hacking is a good idea
- How he has 65 units already
- Why he chose partnership
- Tips for finding the right partners through BiggerPockets
- The pros of being a part of an REI meetup
- What you should know about the BRRRR strategy
- A look into whether you should buy expensive properties
- Where he got his initial loan
- The dangers of commercial loans
- The importance of having the right mindset
- The secret to scaling quickly
- The worst deal he has ever done
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- Creation Festival Northwest
- 10th Avenue North
- House Hacking 101
- Brandon’s Instagram
- Mindy’s Instagram
- BiggerPockets Events
- 500 Deals, the $100,000 Wholesale Paycheck, & the Systems That Make it Work with Tarl Yarber
- A Simple Morning Ritual to Help You Dominate Every Area of Your Life with Hal Elrod
- Tim Ferriss Show: Derek Sivers
- How to Find and Fund Real Estate Deals with Anson Young
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
- Set for Life by Scott Trench
- The One Thing by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
- The Book on Rental Property Investing by Brandon Turner
- The 4-Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss
- Mastery by Robert Greene
- 80/20 Sales and Marketing by Perry Marshall
Fire Round Questions
- Mailing campaign – letter, post cards (Still a good idea?)
- I just turned 22, what is the best path for a strong portfolio?
- How the Heck Are You Doing 5-10 BRRRRs Per Year?!
- Looking for networking advice
- Partnership Learning Process
- “It’s a dangerous situation when you are not reinvesting your profits.” (Tweet This!)
- “Fifty percent of a deal is better than 100 percent of no deal.” (Tweet This!)
- “Just tell the people what you’re doing and they can sense the passion.” (Tweet This!)
- “All the information that you could ever want is already out there. It’s up to you if you implement or not.” (Tweet This!)