Money doesn’t buy happiness – but it can give you the freedom to live a truly extraordinary life, something our guest today can really speak to! We sit down with Josh Randall, an investor from Kentucky with nearly 100 units who also works as a full-time business owner. You’ll love Josh’s mindset when it comes to buying cars, travel, and more through real estate, as well as his “goal-focused” investing that will get him fully retired by the age of 48 (with $50k a month in cash flow!) Josh is incredibly fun and also highly informative, so don’t miss a second of this show which Brandon calls “one of his top episodes ever!”
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
Try it today with a discount: simplisafepockets.com
Fire Round Sponsor
Check out Freddie Mac, the leader of multifamily financing. They make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable.
Get a quote today by visiting: freddiemac.com/smallloan
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Josh got started in real estate through buying a Corvette
- Details on his first deal – a mini mall
- Selling bath tubs while property was still empty
- How many properties Josh currently owns
- Juggling business and real estate investing
- Facebook Marketing to find deals
- The Plumber story
- His strategy
- His monthly cashflow
- The ‘why‘ behind his investing
- Making assets pay for the liability
- His strategy in finding deals
- The types of houses he buys
- Adding one more bedroom to a house
- What is a knockdown?
- Managing a business with 70 employees and real estate investing
- The Limo Hummer
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Youtube Channel
- BiggerPockets Facebook Profile
- Buy and Hold Real Estate—What Works and What Doesn’t with Tim Shiner
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- Tenant Cloud
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- 50 Things They Didn’t Teach You in School by Tim Shiner
- Playing to Win: Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys by David Magee
Fire Round Questions
- Oil tank in basement – should I remove?
- Investing/Flipping Manufactured home. Good or bad idea?
- Buyer asks for inspection report items to be repaired.
- “Real estate is a piece of cake. I can do it with my eyes closed!” (Tweet This!)
- “There’s always a way to add an additional bedroom.” (Tweet This!)
- “Not everybody is the same person.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Josh
- Josh’s BiggerPockets Profile
- Central City Rentals Facebook Page
- Josh’s Company Website
- Josh’s Personal Website