Are you looking to ultimately work less, travel more, and life proactively rather than reactively? The key to this life is found in systems. And on today’s episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, we are excited to introduce you to a guest who’s a master at building systems in his business. Tarl Yarber, an investor in the Pacific Northwest, shares his story of beginning with no money, making $100,000 on a single wholesale deal, and ultimately turning his love for real estate into a profitable business that has done 500 deals. This powerful show is sure to transform the way you run your business forever.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: PATLive. PATLive’s team of superstar receptionists will always leave your customers delighted. Every agent goes through a rigorous training course before they can answer calls, and we’ve got quality assurance down to an art.
Learn more by visiting PATLive.com/biggerpockets!
Fire Round Sponsor
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
Try it today with a discount: simplisafepockets.com/
In This Episode We Cover:
- Who Tarl is and where he got his name
- How he got into real estate 11 years ago by joining a seminar
- Details on his first wholesale deal
- Things to note about guru seminars
- Details on his second deal
- What exactly a double close is
- The difference between a cosmetic and full remodel rehab
- Their average cost on a rehab
- What his typical targets are when doing a deal
- Why you should have criteria based on cash on cash return
- Whether newbies should be flipping from a distance
- How many deals he’s done so far
- Tips for getting good house inspections
- How to get funding
- What it means to be a “systems guy“
- How to become replaceable and vacation off the grid
- What’s next for him?
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Events
- BP Podcast 108: Building a $350 Million Real Estate Empire Using the 10X Rule with Grant Cardone
- BiggerPockets Portfolio Tracker
- Google Drive
- The Surprisingly Simple Reason Why You Feel Stressed
- BP Podcast 005: Dealing with Death – A Financial Discussion with CFP Neal Frankle
- BRRRR Strategy
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- BiggerPockets Calculators
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BP Podcast 113: Becoming a Millionaire Real Estate Investor Using The One Thing with Jay Papasan
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- The Book on Estimating Rehab Costs by J. Scott
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- The ONE Thing by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
- “One hundred percent of nothing is nothing.” (Tweet This!)
- “Really, the majority of my success all comes back down to networking.” (Tweet This!)
- “The better you become, the better everything else becomes.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Tarl
Note By BiggerPockets: These are opinions written by the author and do not necessarily represent the opinions of BiggerPockets.