Trying to build a real estate empire while working a full-time job can be tough, which is why many people decide to use a partner to maximize their results. That’s the story on today’s episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, where we sit down with Rudy Curtler to talk about how he is building a portfolio of college rentals and mobile home parks utilizing a partner. You’ll learn how (and why) Rudy is building his portfolio hundreds of miles from his home, the incredible benefits of investing in mobile home parks (“6x better than houses” according to Rudy), and how he’s able to put together the financing on deals using remarkable creativity!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
Fire Round Sponsor
A huge thanks as well to our Fire Round sponsor FreshBooks.
FreshBooks customers spend less time on paperwork, freeing up 2 days per month to focus on the work they love. What would you do with that extra time?
Learn more by visiting FreshBooks.
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Rudy got started with real estate investing
- How he transitioned from “interested” to “committed“
- His first investment
- What makes a college rental different?
- How many single family homes he has
- What a suite equity partner is
- Tips for those who wanted to start in the college rental niche
- His view on working with family
- The difference between investing in mobile home parks and mobile homes
- The details on his mobile home park
- How much he rents his mobile homes for
- Tips on renting out RV pads
- Why you may want to consider investing in mobile home parks
- How he manages his properties
- Thoughts on getting a mobile home dealer license
- How to get a mind for creative finance
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BP Podcast 140: The Riches Are in the Niches (Like Student Housing) with Bill Syrios
- BP Podcast 111: A Unique (and Profitable) Real Estate Niche You’ve Probably Never Considered with Jefferson Lilly
- Berkshire Hathaway
- BP Podcast 194: Achieving Impressive Spreads Through High-End Flips with Justin Silverio
- BP Podcast 179: Doing the “Impossible” by Buying 100+ Units in His First Two Years with Dale Hensel
- Angela Duckworth – Grit (video)
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The Book on Tax Strategies for the Savvy Real Estate Investor by Amanda Han and Matthew MacFarland
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco
- “I think there is a big difference between somebody who’s just interested versus someone who’s committed.” (Tweet This!)
- “Mobile home parks are another way for us to grow and find the exponential growth potential that’s there.” (Tweet This!)
- “I didn’t want to stop. We want to keep growing, so we found a way to do it.” (Tweet This!)