If there is one thing you can know for sure by listening to the BiggerPockets Podcast, it’s this: There are a LOT of ways to invest in real estate! That’s why we’re excited to bring you today’s interview with Noah Kagan, who invests in a different way than most of the guests we’ve had on the show. Noah currently runs several very successful internet businesses (SumoMe and AppSumo) and knew he didn’t want to be a landlord; Noah knows his best return is made in his business. Therefore, he devised his investing strategy around NOT being the landlord. Noah is a wealth of information and one of the most motivating humans we’ve ever met. So sit back and enjoy today’s episode with Noah!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
Fire Round Sponsor
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
Try it today with a discount: simplisafepockets.com
In This Episode We Cover:
- Who Noah Kagan is and how he got into real estate investing
- What keeps newbies from buying their first investment properties
- The ROI of other businesses as compared to real estate investing
- A discussion on the 1% rule
- Thoughts on whether a commercial property is a good first investment
- Why you should find experienced real estate investors in your area
- Tips for growing your capital
- How Noah finances his deals
- What you should know about asking other people for money or syndication
- Why you should stop apologizing for being successful
- How to grow your network
- When should you stop learning and start doing
- The importance of knowing where do you want to be in 5 years
- Why you should visualize the destination
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- BiggerPockets Facebook Page
- Where’s my money? (Blog Post)
- Noah’s Spreadsheet
- BP Podcast 204: Flipping 30+ Deals by Age Twenty-Five with Chris Gill
- BiggerPockets Event Forums
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The Book on Investing with Low or No Money Down by Brandon Turner
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
- The Obstacle Is the Way by Ryan Holiday
- The Ultimate Sales Machine by Chet Holmes
- Confessions of a Real Estate Entrepreneur by James Randel
- “It took me 10 years to actually be ready, not financially but mentally, to make that decision, to make that purchase.” (Tweet This!)
- “The best deals happen off-market.” (Tweet This!)
- “I think the trait of a successful person is resourcefulness.” (Tweet This!)
- “If you want to find someone else to help you, you have to help someone else.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Noah
- Noah’s BiggerPockets Profile
- Noah’s Website
- Noah Kagan’s Present Podcast
- Noah’s Keynote Speech at Fincon 2016
Note By BiggerPockets: These are opinions written by the author and do not necessarily represent the opinions of BiggerPockets.