What was your FIRST Post on BiggerPockets?

What was your FIRST Post on BiggerPockets?

Noah BaconPro Member
Property Manager · Lansdale, PA · Member since 2021 · 826 posts · 1k+ votes

What was your first BP post reaching out for help to get started in investing? Or did you recently just post & are looking for help?

Check out this post from @Craig Curelop who wrote BiggerPockets book The House Hacking Strategy!

We all got started somewhere, and it is extremely important to recognize your growth in this journey! Reply with images of your first post on BiggerPockets below and let's see where we all began.

You'll never know how far you can go, if you don't get started!

17Reply
736 views

Most Popular Reply

Katie MillerPro Member
General Manager, Publishing at BiggerPockets · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 459 posts · 642 votes
3y

Oh boy have we come a long way in just 6 years! I think I posted this my first week on the job at BiggerPockets. 

Not only do I still have that first property I mentioned I was looking for in this post, I have 16 MORE doors with my husband

I'm also still in publishing at BP 😉

See this reply in the discussion

36 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Engelo RumoraBusiness Member
    Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Katie Miller:

    @Engelo Rumora—definitely sending you a big fat "thank you" from over here in the BP HQ! 

    How did you find Jay to be your realtor in the first place?


    Engelo was / is famous in Australia  for buying the cheapest home in the entire country back in the day.. 


    It’s gotta be by far the cheapest lol. Not many folks investing in the US would probably understand it because you could and still can and probably forever will be able to buy $20,000 turds in some US markets. I guess this could be compared to buying a condo in Manhattan for $100,000 lol 

    https://amp.nine.com.au/article/c6590db7-9625-469f-acc5-3dd5...

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    3y

    15  years ago

  • Scott TrenchPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Ned Carey:

    15  years ago


     That's an amazingly value-add first post! Thank you for 16,000+ of that over the years. Incredible contribution to this community and many people's investing careers!

  • Mark WilliamsPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Huntington Beach, CA · Member since 2010 · 63 posts · 35 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Katie Miller:

    Oh boy have we come a long way in just 6 years! I think I posted this my first week on the job at BiggerPockets. 

    Not only do I still have that first property I mentioned I was looking for in this post, I have 16 MORE doors with my husband

    I'm also still in publishing at BP 😉


    Congratulations on your incredible journey and success! It's truly inspiring to hear about your growth from that initial post to now owning 17 doors with your husband. Your dedication and commitment have certainly paid off.
  • Andrew PostellPro Member
    Lender · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    2y
  • Mike GriffinPro Member
    Investor · Greater Boston, MA · Member since 2019 · 77 posts · 9 votes
    2y

    Oh man mine was about why I should choose real estate over the stock market. A lot of realistic and thorough answers from the community. I was blown away. Still investing in the market but now in love with real estate. 

  • Member since 2022 · 10 posts · 7 votes
    2y

    I literally just made my first post yesterday! It was about making connections and networking in the Chicagoland area!

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    2y

    @Mike Griffin I might have replied to that one. I bet you got a lot of feedback on that one. 

    @Megan Craig welcome to BP. Congratulations on getting involved. COnnections and networking are one of the keys to being successful in this business. 

  • Member since 2022 · 10 posts · 7 votes
    2y

    @Ned Carey  Absolutely!  it’s very nice to meet you! I want to learn as much as I can about real estate! I think the first thing I’d like to learn is wholesaling. I don’t necessarily want to do wholesaling forever but I think it’s a good way to get started when you don’t have a ton of capital. Right now I’m practicing on analyzing deals. I do this every day just for practice. If I don’t know the actual numbers for a category like vacancy, etc., then I’ll make it up. I just want to have a good understanding of how the equations work together. Would you by any chance know of an experienced wholesaler who wouldn’t mind guiding me? 

  • Noah BaconPro Member
    OP
    Property Manager · Lansdale, PA · Member since 2021 · 826 posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Hey Megan!

    Have you been practicing your deal analysis with the Rental Property Calculator? As a Pro Annual Member, you get unlimited calculator reports to become a master at analyzing deals!

    On each field on the Rental Property Calculator, there are help fields with our suggestions if you are stuck. For your question on Vacancy Rates:

    Vacancy rate is the cost of the property sitting empty due to tenant turnover. This number can vary depending on the area, so consult with a local property manager or landlord as to the local norms. Typical vacancy rates are between 3%-10% of the gross monthly rent, but again, that can depend on the area.

    If you are looking to connect with Wholesalers and want more information on that specific stategy, I would check out the Wholesaling Forum Topic!

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    2y

    @Megan Craig one thing I recomend is go look at LOTS of deals; Listed properties, open houses, FSBO, auctions, other wholesalers deals etc. One of the best things you can do is go look at another investors deal and ask them what their plans are and what the numbers are.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.