What was your FIRST Post on BiggerPockets?

What was your FIRST Post on BiggerPockets?

Noah BaconPro Member
Property Manager ยท Lansdale, PA ยท Member since 2021 ยท 826 posts ยท 1k+ votes

What was your first BP post reaching out for help to get started in investing? Or did you recently just post & are looking for help?

Check out this post from @Craig Curelop who wrote BiggerPockets book The House Hacking Strategy!

We all got started somewhere, and it is extremely important to recognize your growth in this journey! Reply with images of your first post on BiggerPockets below and let's see where we all began.

You'll never know how far you can go, if you don't get started!

17Reply
738 views

Most Popular Reply

Katie MillerPro Member
General Manager, Publishing at BiggerPockets ยท Denver, CO ยท Member since 2017 ยท 459 posts ยท 642 votes
3y

Oh boy have we come a long way in just 6 years! I think I posted this my first week on the job at BiggerPockets. 

Not only do I still have that first property I mentioned I was looking for in this post, I have 16 MORE doors with my husband

I'm also still in publishing at BP ๐Ÿ˜‰

See this reply in the discussion

36 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Noah BaconPro Member
    OP
    Property Manager ยท Lansdale, PA ยท Member since 2021 ยท 826 posts ยท 1k+ votes
    3y

    Here is my first post just a few months ago!

  • Katie MillerPro Member
    General Manager, Publishing at BiggerPockets ยท Denver, CO ยท Member since 2017 ยท 459 posts ยท 642 votes
    3y

    Oh boy have we come a long way in just 6 years! I think I posted this my first week on the job at BiggerPockets. 

    Not only do I still have that first property I mentioned I was looking for in this post, I have 16 MORE doors with my husband

    I'm also still in publishing at BP ๐Ÿ˜‰

  • Scott TrenchPro Member
    Rental Property Investor ยท Denver, CO ยท Member since 2014 ยท 2k+ posts ยท 6k+ votes
    3y

    Here's mine!

  • Technology ยท Dallas, TX ยท Member since 2022 ยท 461 posts ยท 295 votes
    3y

    It was a very momentous occasion when I renamed the Marketplace forums

    BiggerPockets
  • Noah BaconPro Member
    OP
    Property Manager ยท Lansdale, PA ยท Member since 2021 ยท 826 posts ยท 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Aaron Breckenridge:

    It was a very momentous occasion when I renamed the Marketplace forums


     Talk about Day 1 impact!๐Ÿš€

  • Nate ShieldsPro Member
    Lender ยท Fort Collins, CO ยท Member since 2015 ยท 304 posts ยท 148 votes
    3y

    Kind of a strange first post, but boy am I glad I stayed the course!

  • Rental Property Investor ยท East Wenatchee, WA ยท Member since 2014 ยท 10k+ posts ยท 16k+ votes
    3y

    Cool to rediscover what it was and see so many old names in a 9yr-old thread.  I guess I skipped the introduction or ask a question route. 

  • Katie MillerPro Member
    General Manager, Publishing at BiggerPockets ยท Denver, CO ยท Member since 2017 ยท 459 posts ยท 642 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Aaron Breckenridge:

    It was a very momentous occasion when I renamed the Marketplace forums


     I love that you were the one that announced this name change Aaron! 

  • Investor ยท Amelia, OH ยท Member since 2022 ยท 58 posts ยท 45 votes
    3y

    My first post was me sharing my very first deal I had done. I still have it today and it has given me the courage to continue my journey in real estate as I am actively working on the remodel of home #2.

  • Noah BaconPro Member
    OP
    Property Manager ยท Lansdale, PA ยท Member since 2021 ยท 826 posts ยท 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Mateo Oquendo-Chandler:

    My first post was me sharing my very first deal I had done. I still have it today and it has given me the courage to continue my journey in real estate as I am actively working on the remodel of home #2.


     Amazing job Mateo, keep it up!

  • MBA, Accountant ยท Member since 2023 ยท 5 posts ยท 2 votes
    3y

    Here it was!

  • Rental Property Investor ยท Member since 2021 ยท 384 posts ยท 197 votes
    3y

    I can't believe that it's been 2 whole years since I joined this wonderful community: 

  • Real Estate Agent ยท NJ ยท Member since 2021 ยท 567 posts ยท 127 votes
    3y

    Looking for an investor friendly agent in NJ, found one and he got my my first deal 7 years ago!

  • Real Estate Agent ยท Denver, CO ยท Member since 2019 ยท 161 posts ยท 176 votes
    3y
  • Homeowner ยท Western Slope, CO ยท Member since 2023 ยท 42 posts ยท 21 votes
    3y

    In my first post, I shared my excitement in getting involved in the Bigger Pockets Community and asked a couple of questions about resources and networking.

    I thought to follow that up with a second post, being specific about how my wife & I are setting our sights on our first home where we intend to house hack. Copying those details here, that is a single-family fixer-upper having a basement (or similar) in Garfield County (CO) with a listing price of $400,000 to $600,000. With our down payment savings piling up, we hope to position ourselves to buy in mid to late 2024 with 20% down (or close to it). In the July 4th episode of the Bigger Pockets podcast, listeners were encouraged to identify Profitability (among other criteria for a deal) โ€“ this presents some challenges, as I am unsure about assessing a realistic cash flow in a house hack for our area.

  • Real Estate Agent ยท NJ ยท Member since 2021 ยท 567 posts ยท 127 votes
    3y

    Looking for an investor friendly realtor in NJ. I found one and he got me my first 3 properties!

  • Member since 2023 ยท 2 posts ยท 3 votes
    3y

    I've had a fantastic introduction to BiggerPockets! I recently shared my thoughts on building valuable relationships, and I'm truly impressed by the supportive and insightful community here. I'm eager to kickstart my journey and make meaningful connections. As I read through everyone's initial posts, I'm feeling increasingly encouraged to dive into the conversation. Don't hesitate to reach out โ€“ I'd love to connect with you all! 

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker ยท Cody, WY ยท Member since 2010 ยท 28k+ posts ยท 41k+ votes
    3y

    Oh, the memories. This is from 2010:

    I got my answer from my attorney, but BP members gave me enough good advice that I stuck around for a few more posts.

    Here's to the next 14 years!

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker ยท Cody, WY ยท Member since 2010 ยท 28k+ posts ยท 41k+ votes
    3y

    @Jay Hinrichs we're looking forward to your first post in cuneiform! LOL!

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant ยท Summerlin, NV ยท Member since 2014 ยท 45k+ posts ยท 66k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Nathan Gesner:

    @Jay Hinrichs we're looking forward to your first post in cuneiform! LOL!


    :)  I have no clue and have no clue on how to find it.. I do remember though @engelorumora 
    did an introduction.. at the time he was a client of mine. And I had been posting on the australian version of BP.. never knew BP existed until Engelo turned me on to it.  And I do remember going keyboard to keyboard with Joe Gore.. who is long gone as we know.
  • Noah BaconPro Member
    OP
    Property Manager ยท Lansdale, PA ยท Member since 2021 ยท 826 posts ยท 1k+ votes
    3y

    That's one of the most impressive first posts I've seen, Nathan!

    Jay, I messaged you a link to a page with your first posts/replies if you want to turn back the clock with us! 

  • Engelo RumoraBusiness Member
    Investor ยท Toledo, OH ยท Member since 2013 ยท 4k+ posts ยท 2k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Nathan Gesner:

    @Jay Hinrichs we're looking forward to your first post in cuneiform! LOL!


    :)  I have no clue and have no clue on how to find it.. I do remember though @engelorumora 
    did an introduction.. at the time he was a client of mine. And I had been posting on the australian version of BP.. never knew BP existed until Engelo turned me on to it.  And I do remember going keyboard to keyboard with Joe Gore.. who is long gone as we know.


    I'd like to say a big fat "You're welcome" to the BP community for introducing one of the finest gentleman the real estate investment world has seen ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ‘

    Here a you go mate - https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/55/topics/114811-pleasu...

    And yes, 38,000+ thousand posts later I can say "it's working" haha


  • Katie MillerPro Member
    General Manager, Publishing at BiggerPockets ยท Denver, CO ยท Member since 2017 ยท 459 posts ยท 642 votes
    3y

    @Engelo Rumoraโ€”definitely sending you a big fat "thank you" from over here in the BP HQ! 

    How did you find Jay to be your realtor in the first place?

  • Engelo RumoraBusiness Member
    Investor ยท Toledo, OH ยท Member since 2013 ยท 4k+ posts ยท 2k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Katie Miller:

    @Engelo Rumoraโ€”definitely sending you a big fat "thank you" from over here in the BP HQ! 

    How did you find Jay to be your realtor in the first place?


    hehe

    My pleasure Katie,

    Jay has been a mentor, friend and business partner.

    Helped me start and grow my business and has gotten me out of deep trouble.

    A very experienced and ethical individual he is.

    I believe I owe him an expensive dinner also lol

    Just need to strategically catch him while he is jetting around in a cheaper market like Ohio.

    Rather than bloody Summerlin, Vegas hehe

    Ohhhh the inflation nowadays hehe

    Thanks ๐Ÿ™ 

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant ยท Summerlin, NV ยท Member since 2014 ยท 45k+ posts ยท 66k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Katie Miller:

    @Engelo Rumoraโ€”definitely sending you a big fat "thank you" from over here in the BP HQ! 

    How did you find Jay to be your realtor in the first place?


    Engelo was / is famous in Australia  for buying the cheapest home in the entire country back in the day.. 
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.