Hello BP Community!
Has anyone thought the content of the forums have been degrading recently? I feel like moderators and/or the staff of BP have been unable or unwilling to moderate the forums to the same standard they used to. It is riddled with self promotions and ChatGPT --- posts lately...
have had the same thought, but i know it's tough to police AI generated posts...
saw a thread the other day where every single response to the OP was very obviously AI.
i'm still here and i'm still not using AI
Why on Earth would BP repost this for July 2025? This was removed long ago by BP for good reason.
It seems the site is so big now they do not even know what they are doing anymore.
BiggerPockets Podcast 416: 29-Year Old Making Nearly $1M in Passive Real Estate Income (3 Years In!) with Matt Onofrio
Why on Earth would BP repost this for July 2025? This was removed long ago by BP for good reason.
It seems the site is so big now they do not even know what they are doing anymore.
BiggerPockets Podcast 416: 29-Year Old Making Nearly $1M in Passive Real Estate Income (3 Years In!) with Matt Onofrio
Why was it taken down the first time?
Just not what it used to be. How is AI involved here? Everyone seems to see or understand how its impacting stuff here.
For me, many of the interesting topics have dried up.
Also, there are various comments I often find extremely disrespectful, insulting and inaccurate.
In addition, so many newbie flakes are not serious about this. Post basic vague question: ""How do I get my first apartment complex and fire my boss next year? or ""I'm a newbie with no money, should I buy a multi in Alabama". So many flock to answer, and the person never returns to the site again.
It was such a gem for me in the day, but I limit my use now.
This is all great feedback about the BP forums and site in general. I'm glad folks agree that genuine content is more valuable than AI responses (otherwise what are we even doing here). I hope these forums can remain a place for real human connection, and use that as a jumping off point for in-person connection too
This is all great feedback about the BP forums and site in general. I'm glad folks agree that genuine content is more valuable than AI responses (otherwise what are we even doing here). I hope these forums can remain a place for real human connection, and use that as a jumping off point for in-person connection too
The management needs to step up to the plate if this is going to happen. I wish they would comment on this thread
This is all great feedback about the BP forums and site in general. I'm glad folks agree that genuine content is more valuable than AI responses (otherwise what are we even doing here). I hope these forums can remain a place for real human connection, and use that as a jumping off point for in-person connection too
The management needs to step up to the plate if this is going to happen. I wish they would comment on this thread
Question is: are some people trying to control the narrative and ask management to filter out unorthodox opinions, or is this a genuine concern for quality of the responses?
I see nothing wrong if someone puts their post into AI and asks AI to polish it, or check for grammatical errors. It's like using an advanced Word processor. Everyone should be welcome to do that. I recall one instance of AI use, where it was obviously counter-productive spam generation. I got into dispute over certain subject with a poster on one of the Skool communities, and I noticed he was posting his replies to me almost instantaneously. It's humanly impossible to draft 5-10 paragraphs in few seconds, and he just used AI to spew useless content in lieu of arguments he would have to make to dispute mine. That kind of crap is obviously a spam, but aside from above example I don't see how one could go about censoring anyone for using AI.
This is all great feedback about the BP forums and site in general. I'm glad folks agree that genuine content is more valuable than AI responses (otherwise what are we even doing here). I hope these forums can remain a place for real human connection, and use that as a jumping off point for in-person connection too
The management needs to step up to the plate if this is going to happen. I wish they would comment on this thread
Question is: are some people trying to control the narrative and ask management to filter out unorthodox opinions, or is this a genuine concern for quality of the responses?
I see nothing wrong if someone puts their post into AI and asks AI to polish it, or check for grammatical errors. It's like using an advanced Word processor. Everyone should be welcome to do that. I recall one instance of AI use, where it was obviously counter-productive spam generation. I got into dispute over certain subject with a poster on one of the Skool communities, and I noticed he was posting his replies to me almost instantaneously. It's humanly impossible to draft 5-10 paragraphs in few seconds, and he just used AI to spew useless content in lieu of arguments he would have to make to dispute mine. That kind of crap is obviously a spam, but aside from above example I don't see how one could go about censoring anyone for using AI.
Interesting presepective. I use AI all the time to help me generate thoughts. I think there is a line which would be hard to moderate.
Right now it is pretty obvious what is AI but I would guess that AI is going to get smart about this and start disguising it better and add variability to it in order to make it indiscernible.
This is all great feedback about the BP forums and site in general. I'm glad folks agree that genuine content is more valuable than AI responses (otherwise what are we even doing here). I hope these forums can remain a place for real human connection, and use that as a jumping off point for in-person connection too
The management needs to step up to the plate if this is going to happen. I wish they would comment on this thread
Question is: are some people trying to control the narrative and ask management to filter out unorthodox opinions, or is this a genuine concern for quality of the responses?
I see nothing wrong if someone puts their post into AI and asks AI to polish it, or check for grammatical errors. It's like using an advanced Word processor. Everyone should be welcome to do that. I recall one instance of AI use, where it was obviously counter-productive spam generation. I got into dispute over certain subject with a poster on one of the Skool communities, and I noticed he was posting his replies to me almost instantaneously. It's humanly impossible to draft 5-10 paragraphs in few seconds, and he just used AI to spew useless content in lieu of arguments he would have to make to dispute mine. That kind of crap is obviously a spam, but aside from above example I don't see how one could go about censoring anyone for using AI.
That's a good point. With the wrong person in control, they could certainly use AI-generated removal as a censorship mechanism, but I have never seen anything like that here. I have seen censorship by BP to protect their own interests in terms of looking bad in a post, but nothing skewing politically in either direction ever.
There's no easy answer to the AI problem. I remove them when I know that they're there but the speed and quality of them is just getting too fast and too good to do like could be done even 6 months ago. You always run the risk of dumping real people's threads when you think something is AI, so it's not like you can just take a meat cleaver to the forums.
As for the quality of the forums beyond that, there's at least 3 major problems and none of which I'm sure BP can solve:
1. RE is in a serious downturn overall;
2. Social media has increased the proliferation of struggling dreamers that think they can wish their way to "financial freedom" through real estate, without any money;
3. A large number of forum users these days are here to generate business for themselves rather than just participate in discussions about RE.
Problem 1 is going to take some combination of lower interest rates, more supply, a check on runaway housing prices, and real wage income to solve. Not going to be easy.
Problem 2, I have no idea how you solve this. Get rid of social media?
Problem 3, I also don't know how you solve this. I've been coming here for years, and I have nothing to sell or advertise or any real interest in trying to turn people here into dollars. I really just started coming here because everyone else I knew looked at me like I was an alien when I started talking RE. So the forums became my coffee club. But I suspect I'm the anomaly around here. When I make posts or share information or ask questions there's no monetization of it, at least among the people here. And the old-timers that I've seen drop off, that I used to converse with, I think were the same way.
Beyond that, everything goes in cycles, really. When RE was a lot cheaper and there was a lot to get involved in, the forums were hopping. A lot of us that have been in this for a long time have just been kind of Rip Van Winkle'ing it because of interest rates and housing costs.
There's no easy answer to the AI problem. I remove them when I know that they're there but the speed and quality of them is just getting too fast and too good to do like could be done even 6 months ago. You always run the risk of dumping real people's threads when you think something is AI, so it's not like you can just take a meat cleaver to the forums.
As for the quality of the forums beyond that, there's at least 3 major problems and none of which I'm sure BP can solve:
1. RE is in a serious downturn overall;
2. Social media has increased the proliferation of struggling dreamers that think they can wish their way to "financial freedom" through real estate, without any money;
3. A large number of forum users these days are here to generate business for themselves rather than just participate in discussions about RE.
Problem 1 is going to take some combination of lower interest rates, more supply, a check on runaway housing prices, and real wage income to solve. Not going to be easy.
Problem 2, I have no idea how you solve this. Get rid of social media?
Problem 3, I also don't know how you solve this. I've been coming here for years, and I have nothing to sell or advertise or any real interest in trying to turn people here into dollars. I really just started coming here because everyone else I knew looked at me like I was an alien when I started talking RE. So the forums became my coffee club. But I suspect I'm the anomaly around here. When I make posts or share information or ask questions there's no monetization of it, at least among the people here. And the old-timers that I've seen drop off, that I used to converse with, I think were the same way.
Beyond that, everything goes in cycles, really. When RE was a lot cheaper and there was a lot to get involved in, the forums were hopping. A lot of us that have been in this for a long time have just been kind of Rip Van Winkle'ing it because of interest rates and housing costs.
Years ago, I was an active participant in two popular car forums. They were less professional than BP as you can imagine. However, bots (pre-AI) started gradually taking over the threads. Now, both they are completely void of real individuals i.e., ghost town and ad bots continue to post.
Yes, it can happen here.
Perhaps the best solution is changing this forums culture. If we are so aggressive with reporting AI posts like a piranhas, developers and passive incomers will know BP's reputation. They will believe "Don't bother posting the bots there, it will be down in 2 minutes. No ROI".
We can't just ask the BP forum admins and moderators to fix it. Lets' do this via the community.
There's no easy answer to the AI problem. I remove them when I know that they're there but the speed and quality of them is just getting too fast and too good to do like could be done even 6 months ago. You always run the risk of dumping real people's threads when you think something is AI, so it's not like you can just take a meat cleaver to the forums.
As for the quality of the forums beyond that, there's at least 3 major problems and none of which I'm sure BP can solve:
1. RE is in a serious downturn overall;
2. Social media has increased the proliferation of struggling dreamers that think they can wish their way to "financial freedom" through real estate, without any money;
3. A large number of forum users these days are here to generate business for themselves rather than just participate in discussions about RE.
Problem 1 is going to take some combination of lower interest rates, more supply, a check on runaway housing prices, and real wage income to solve. Not going to be easy.
Problem 2, I have no idea how you solve this. Get rid of social media?
Problem 3, I also don't know how you solve this. I've been coming here for years, and I have nothing to sell or advertise or any real interest in trying to turn people here into dollars. I really just started coming here because everyone else I knew looked at me like I was an alien when I started talking RE. So the forums became my coffee club. But I suspect I'm the anomaly around here. When I make posts or share information or ask questions there's no monetization of it, at least among the people here. And the old-timers that I've seen drop off, that I used to converse with, I think were the same way.
Beyond that, everything goes in cycles, really. When RE was a lot cheaper and there was a lot to get involved in, the forums were hopping. A lot of us that have been in this for a long time have just been kind of Rip Van Winkle'ing it because of interest rates and housing costs.
Years ago, I was an active participant in two popular car forums. They were less professional than BP as you can imagine. However, bots (pre-AI) started gradually taking over the threads. Now, both they are completely void of real individuals i.e., ghost town and ad bots continue to post.
Yes, it can happen here.
Perhaps the best solution is changing this forums culture. If we are so aggressive with reporting AI posts like a piranhas, developers and passive incomers will know BP's reputation. They will believe "Don't bother posting the bots there, it will be down in 2 minutes. No ROI".
We can't just ask the BP forum admins and moderators to fix it. Lets' do this via the community.
The moderators do a great job, I was one. The problem is that the sheer volume of reported posts is astronomical and when people dispute you pulling their post, BP usually sides with them if it's even close so all the work moderators do can be undone. As I've said also, moderators don't get paid, get no benefits, get nothing for scanning the forums all the time. It's one of the most thankless jobs out there.
And every time you pull a post as a moderator, it sends the poster a message from you saying you pulled their post so then you get all the crazies coming at you for pulling their obvious AI. There is no way that the poster should know which moderator pulled their post.
There's no easy answer to the AI problem. I remove them when I know that they're there but the speed and quality of them is just getting too fast and too good to do like could be done even 6 months ago. You always run the risk of dumping real people's threads when you think something is AI, so it's not like you can just take a meat cleaver to the forums.
As for the quality of the forums beyond that, there's at least 3 major problems and none of which I'm sure BP can solve:
1. RE is in a serious downturn overall;
2. Social media has increased the proliferation of struggling dreamers that think they can wish their way to "financial freedom" through real estate, without any money;
3. A large number of forum users these days are here to generate business for themselves rather than just participate in discussions about RE.
Problem 1 is going to take some combination of lower interest rates, more supply, a check on runaway housing prices, and real wage income to solve. Not going to be easy.
Problem 2, I have no idea how you solve this. Get rid of social media?
Problem 3, I also don't know how you solve this. I've been coming here for years, and I have nothing to sell or advertise or any real interest in trying to turn people here into dollars. I really just started coming here because everyone else I knew looked at me like I was an alien when I started talking RE. So the forums became my coffee club. But I suspect I'm the anomaly around here. When I make posts or share information or ask questions there's no monetization of it, at least among the people here. And the old-timers that I've seen drop off, that I used to converse with, I think were the same way.
Beyond that, everything goes in cycles, really. When RE was a lot cheaper and there was a lot to get involved in, the forums were hopping. A lot of us that have been in this for a long time have just been kind of Rip Van Winkle'ing it because of interest rates and housing costs.
problem 3 - I think you could use ai to fight ai
There's no easy answer to the AI problem. I remove them when I know that they're there but the speed and quality of them is just getting too fast and too good to do like could be done even 6 months ago. You always run the risk of dumping real people's threads when you think something is AI, so it's not like you can just take a meat cleaver to the forums.
As for the quality of the forums beyond that, there's at least 3 major problems and none of which I'm sure BP can solve:
1. RE is in a serious downturn overall;
2. Social media has increased the proliferation of struggling dreamers that think they can wish their way to "financial freedom" through real estate, without any money;
3. A large number of forum users these days are here to generate business for themselves rather than just participate in discussions about RE.
Problem 1 is going to take some combination of lower interest rates, more supply, a check on runaway housing prices, and real wage income to solve. Not going to be easy.
Problem 2, I have no idea how you solve this. Get rid of social media?
Problem 3, I also don't know how you solve this. I've been coming here for years, and I have nothing to sell or advertise or any real interest in trying to turn people here into dollars. I really just started coming here because everyone else I knew looked at me like I was an alien when I started talking RE. So the forums became my coffee club. But I suspect I'm the anomaly around here. When I make posts or share information or ask questions there's no monetization of it, at least among the people here. And the old-timers that I've seen drop off, that I used to converse with, I think were the same way.
Beyond that, everything goes in cycles, really. When RE was a lot cheaper and there was a lot to get involved in, the forums were hopping. A lot of us that have been in this for a long time have just been kind of Rip Van Winkle'ing it because of interest rates and housing costs.
Years ago, I was an active participant in two popular car forums. They were less professional than BP as you can imagine. However, bots (pre-AI) started gradually taking over the threads. Now, both they are completely void of real individuals i.e., ghost town and ad bots continue to post.
Yes, it can happen here.
Perhaps the best solution is changing this forums culture. If we are so aggressive with reporting AI posts like a piranhas, developers and passive incomers will know BP's reputation. They will believe "Don't bother posting the bots there, it will be down in 2 minutes. No ROI".
We can't just ask the BP forum admins and moderators to fix it. Lets' do this via the community.
I have been pretty aggressive with the report feature. I even report my own agents from time to time after I stand up from my chair and yell at them.
I wish they would add a feature that lets you know what action was taken from your report
There's no easy answer to the AI problem. I remove them when I know that they're there but the speed and quality of them is just getting too fast and too good to do like could be done even 6 months ago. You always run the risk of dumping real people's threads when you think something is AI, so it's not like you can just take a meat cleaver to the forums.
As for the quality of the forums beyond that, there's at least 3 major problems and none of which I'm sure BP can solve:
1. RE is in a serious downturn overall;
2. Social media has increased the proliferation of struggling dreamers that think they can wish their way to "financial freedom" through real estate, without any money;
3. A large number of forum users these days are here to generate business for themselves rather than just participate in discussions about RE.
Problem 1 is going to take some combination of lower interest rates, more supply, a check on runaway housing prices, and real wage income to solve. Not going to be easy.
Problem 2, I have no idea how you solve this. Get rid of social media?
Problem 3, I also don't know how you solve this. I've been coming here for years, and I have nothing to sell or advertise or any real interest in trying to turn people here into dollars. I really just started coming here because everyone else I knew looked at me like I was an alien when I started talking RE. So the forums became my coffee club. But I suspect I'm the anomaly around here. When I make posts or share information or ask questions there's no monetization of it, at least among the people here. And the old-timers that I've seen drop off, that I used to converse with, I think were the same way.
Beyond that, everything goes in cycles, really. When RE was a lot cheaper and there was a lot to get involved in, the forums were hopping. A lot of us that have been in this for a long time have just been kind of Rip Van Winkle'ing it because of interest rates and housing costs.
Years ago, I was an active participant in two popular car forums. They were less professional than BP as you can imagine. However, bots (pre-AI) started gradually taking over the threads. Now, both they are completely void of real individuals i.e., ghost town and ad bots continue to post.
Yes, it can happen here.
Perhaps the best solution is changing this forums culture. If we are so aggressive with reporting AI posts like a piranhas, developers and passive incomers will know BP's reputation. They will believe "Don't bother posting the bots there, it will be down in 2 minutes. No ROI".
We can't just ask the BP forum admins and moderators to fix it. Lets' do this via the community.
The moderators do a great job, I was one. The problem is that the sheer volume of reported posts is astronomical and when people dispute you pulling their post, BP usually sides with them if it's even close so all the work moderators do can be undone. As I've said also, moderators don't get paid, get no benefits, get nothing for scanning the forums all the time. It's one of the most thankless jobs out there.
And every time you pull a post as a moderator, it sends the poster a message from you saying you pulled their post so then you get all the crazies coming at you for pulling their obvious AI. There is no way that the poster should know which moderator pulled their post.
It tells them which moderator pulled their post?
There's no easy answer to the AI problem. I remove them when I know that they're there but the speed and quality of them is just getting too fast and too good to do like could be done even 6 months ago. You always run the risk of dumping real people's threads when you think something is AI, so it's not like you can just take a meat cleaver to the forums.
As for the quality of the forums beyond that, there's at least 3 major problems and none of which I'm sure BP can solve:
1. RE is in a serious downturn overall;
2. Social media has increased the proliferation of struggling dreamers that think they can wish their way to "financial freedom" through real estate, without any money;
3. A large number of forum users these days are here to generate business for themselves rather than just participate in discussions about RE.
Problem 1 is going to take some combination of lower interest rates, more supply, a check on runaway housing prices, and real wage income to solve. Not going to be easy.
Problem 2, I have no idea how you solve this. Get rid of social media?
Problem 3, I also don't know how you solve this. I've been coming here for years, and I have nothing to sell or advertise or any real interest in trying to turn people here into dollars. I really just started coming here because everyone else I knew looked at me like I was an alien when I started talking RE. So the forums became my coffee club. But I suspect I'm the anomaly around here. When I make posts or share information or ask questions there's no monetization of it, at least among the people here. And the old-timers that I've seen drop off, that I used to converse with, I think were the same way.
Beyond that, everything goes in cycles, really. When RE was a lot cheaper and there was a lot to get involved in, the forums were hopping. A lot of us that have been in this for a long time have just been kind of Rip Van Winkle'ing it because of interest rates and housing costs.
Years ago, I was an active participant in two popular car forums. They were less professional than BP as you can imagine. However, bots (pre-AI) started gradually taking over the threads. Now, both they are completely void of real individuals i.e., ghost town and ad bots continue to post.
Yes, it can happen here.
Perhaps the best solution is changing this forums culture. If we are so aggressive with reporting AI posts like a piranhas, developers and passive incomers will know BP's reputation. They will believe "Don't bother posting the bots there, it will be down in 2 minutes. No ROI".
We can't just ask the BP forum admins and moderators to fix it. Lets' do this via the community.
The moderators do a great job, I was one. The problem is that the sheer volume of reported posts is astronomical and when people dispute you pulling their post, BP usually sides with them if it's even close so all the work moderators do can be undone. As I've said also, moderators don't get paid, get no benefits, get nothing for scanning the forums all the time. It's one of the most thankless jobs out there.
And every time you pull a post as a moderator, it sends the poster a message from you saying you pulled their post so then you get all the crazies coming at you for pulling their obvious AI. There is no way that the poster should know which moderator pulled their post.
It tells them which moderator pulled their post?
YES. So then they message you on BiggerPockets and argue with you (50%). Some people just didn't know and are nice (50%).
There's no easy answer to the AI problem. I remove them when I know that they're there but the speed and quality of them is just getting too fast and too good to do like could be done even 6 months ago. You always run the risk of dumping real people's threads when you think something is AI, so it's not like you can just take a meat cleaver to the forums.
As for the quality of the forums beyond that, there's at least 3 major problems and none of which I'm sure BP can solve:
1. RE is in a serious downturn overall;
2. Social media has increased the proliferation of struggling dreamers that think they can wish their way to "financial freedom" through real estate, without any money;
3. A large number of forum users these days are here to generate business for themselves rather than just participate in discussions about RE.
Problem 1 is going to take some combination of lower interest rates, more supply, a check on runaway housing prices, and real wage income to solve. Not going to be easy.
Problem 2, I have no idea how you solve this. Get rid of social media?
Problem 3, I also don't know how you solve this. I've been coming here for years, and I have nothing to sell or advertise or any real interest in trying to turn people here into dollars. I really just started coming here because everyone else I knew looked at me like I was an alien when I started talking RE. So the forums became my coffee club. But I suspect I'm the anomaly around here. When I make posts or share information or ask questions there's no monetization of it, at least among the people here. And the old-timers that I've seen drop off, that I used to converse with, I think were the same way.
Beyond that, everything goes in cycles, really. When RE was a lot cheaper and there was a lot to get involved in, the forums were hopping. A lot of us that have been in this for a long time have just been kind of Rip Van Winkle'ing it because of interest rates and housing costs.
Years ago, I was an active participant in two popular car forums. They were less professional than BP as you can imagine. However, bots (pre-AI) started gradually taking over the threads. Now, both they are completely void of real individuals i.e., ghost town and ad bots continue to post.
Yes, it can happen here.
Perhaps the best solution is changing this forums culture. If we are so aggressive with reporting AI posts like a piranhas, developers and passive incomers will know BP's reputation. They will believe "Don't bother posting the bots there, it will be down in 2 minutes. No ROI".
We can't just ask the BP forum admins and moderators to fix it. Lets' do this via the community.
The moderators do a great job, I was one. The problem is that the sheer volume of reported posts is astronomical and when people dispute you pulling their post, BP usually sides with them if it's even close so all the work moderators do can be undone. As I've said also, moderators don't get paid, get no benefits, get nothing for scanning the forums all the time. It's one of the most thankless jobs out there.
And every time you pull a post as a moderator, it sends the poster a message from you saying you pulled their post so then you get all the crazies coming at you for pulling their obvious AI. There is no way that the poster should know which moderator pulled their post.
It tells them which moderator pulled their post?
YES. So then they message you on BiggerPockets and argue with you (50%). Some people just didn't know and are nice (50%).
That seems like a poor way to do things. Do you ever give feedback to the reporter if the post complied with the rules?
There's no easy answer to the AI problem. I remove them when I know that they're there but the speed and quality of them is just getting too fast and too good to do like could be done even 6 months ago. You always run the risk of dumping real people's threads when you think something is AI, so it's not like you can just take a meat cleaver to the forums.
As for the quality of the forums beyond that, there's at least 3 major problems and none of which I'm sure BP can solve:
1. RE is in a serious downturn overall;
2. Social media has increased the proliferation of struggling dreamers that think they can wish their way to "financial freedom" through real estate, without any money;
3. A large number of forum users these days are here to generate business for themselves rather than just participate in discussions about RE.
Problem 1 is going to take some combination of lower interest rates, more supply, a check on runaway housing prices, and real wage income to solve. Not going to be easy.
Problem 2, I have no idea how you solve this. Get rid of social media?
Problem 3, I also don't know how you solve this. I've been coming here for years, and I have nothing to sell or advertise or any real interest in trying to turn people here into dollars. I really just started coming here because everyone else I knew looked at me like I was an alien when I started talking RE. So the forums became my coffee club. But I suspect I'm the anomaly around here. When I make posts or share information or ask questions there's no monetization of it, at least among the people here. And the old-timers that I've seen drop off, that I used to converse with, I think were the same way.
Beyond that, everything goes in cycles, really. When RE was a lot cheaper and there was a lot to get involved in, the forums were hopping. A lot of us that have been in this for a long time have just been kind of Rip Van Winkle'ing it because of interest rates and housing costs.
Years ago, I was an active participant in two popular car forums. They were less professional than BP as you can imagine. However, bots (pre-AI) started gradually taking over the threads. Now, both they are completely void of real individuals i.e., ghost town and ad bots continue to post.
Yes, it can happen here.
Perhaps the best solution is changing this forums culture. If we are so aggressive with reporting AI posts like a piranhas, developers and passive incomers will know BP's reputation. They will believe "Don't bother posting the bots there, it will be down in 2 minutes. No ROI".
We can't just ask the BP forum admins and moderators to fix it. Lets' do this via the community.
The moderators do a great job, I was one. The problem is that the sheer volume of reported posts is astronomical and when people dispute you pulling their post, BP usually sides with them if it's even close so all the work moderators do can be undone. As I've said also, moderators don't get paid, get no benefits, get nothing for scanning the forums all the time. It's one of the most thankless jobs out there.
And every time you pull a post as a moderator, it sends the poster a message from you saying you pulled their post so then you get all the crazies coming at you for pulling their obvious AI. There is no way that the poster should know which moderator pulled their post.
It tells them which moderator pulled their post?
YES. So then they message you on BiggerPockets and argue with you (50%). Some people just didn't know and are nice (50%).
That seems like a poor way to do things. Do you ever give feedback to the reporter if the post complied with the rules?
The 50% of good people want to know where they went wrong, but it's usually obvious and they just thought they could sell. Sometimes, it's less obvious. So, yeah, I had several nice discussions, but I always had to remind the ones cursing me out that I don't work for BiggerPockets, I am just doing this to help the site. They did not GAF.
There's no easy answer to the AI problem. I remove them when I know that they're there but the speed and quality of them is just getting too fast and too good to do like could be done even 6 months ago. You always run the risk of dumping real people's threads when you think something is AI, so it's not like you can just take a meat cleaver to the forums.
As for the quality of the forums beyond that, there's at least 3 major problems and none of which I'm sure BP can solve:
1. RE is in a serious downturn overall;
2. Social media has increased the proliferation of struggling dreamers that think they can wish their way to "financial freedom" through real estate, without any money;
3. A large number of forum users these days are here to generate business for themselves rather than just participate in discussions about RE.
Problem 1 is going to take some combination of lower interest rates, more supply, a check on runaway housing prices, and real wage income to solve. Not going to be easy.
Problem 2, I have no idea how you solve this. Get rid of social media?
Problem 3, I also don't know how you solve this. I've been coming here for years, and I have nothing to sell or advertise or any real interest in trying to turn people here into dollars. I really just started coming here because everyone else I knew looked at me like I was an alien when I started talking RE. So the forums became my coffee club. But I suspect I'm the anomaly around here. When I make posts or share information or ask questions there's no monetization of it, at least among the people here. And the old-timers that I've seen drop off, that I used to converse with, I think were the same way.
Beyond that, everything goes in cycles, really. When RE was a lot cheaper and there was a lot to get involved in, the forums were hopping. A lot of us that have been in this for a long time have just been kind of Rip Van Winkle'ing it because of interest rates and housing costs.
OP it’s dinner time in Belize again. Waiting on our orders.
Sangria for my wife and Belize I dependence day Margarita for me.
I think the market is great. You need to view it as a buyers market.
AI, BP should take control and post a BP data source response.
They should also do a linked reference to podcasts and books either to the poster or to the post itself. Monetize. BP does not have a true lookup feature. This lead the poster to water.
@JD Martin I also use BP as an REI discussion platform. I tell all REI people not to talk to their friends, coworkers or relatives. Luckily I have a neighbor who is big into REI. Every 6 months we go for a ride and discuss projects and look at properties. Even if we don't agree, we like hearing a Valid opinion.
As we all say. When is the best time to do a deal? Now.
It’s your money, your right, even if you’re wrong.
OP it’s dinner time in Belize again. Waiting on our orders.
Sangria for my wife and Belize I dependence day Margarita for me.
I think the market is great. You need to view it as a buyers market.
AI, BP should take control and post a BP data source response.
They should also do a linked reference to podcasts and books either to the poster or to the post itself. Monetize. BP does not have a true lookup feature. This lead the poster to water.
@JD Martin I also use BP as an REI discussion platform. I tell all REI people not to talk to their friends, coworkers or relatives. Luckily I have a neighbor who is big into REI. Every 6 months we go for a ride and discuss projects and look at properties. Even if we don't agree, we like hearing a Valid opinion.
As we all say. When is the best time to do a deal? Now.
It’s your money, your right, even if you’re wrong.
I used to travel to south and central america a few times a year before I got my wife pregnant... I already miss it and we have not even hatched the first one yet
Forgot. We travel to Belize about 6 times a year. We write off every trip for business.
REI is great.
Forgot. We travel to Belize about 6 times a year. We write off every trip for business.
REI is great.
I need to talk to my CPA on how to do this
Hello BP Community!
Has anyone thought the content of the forums have been degrading recently? I feel like moderators and/or the staff of BP have been unable or unwilling to moderate the forums to the same standard they used to. It is riddled with self promotions and ChatGPT --- posts lately...
Market has changed since 2022. REI is no longer a cakewalk it was. 0% interest rates, idiotic rush to gobble up everything at overinflated prices, multitrillion dollar stimulus packages that tripled cost of materials and labor, job losses in middle to upper middle class job sectors, hedge funds slowing down on REI.... list goes on and on. Today REI is not as alluring as it was 3 years ago, therefore you see waning interest from genuine posters. And the void will always fill with something, spam or otherwise. I don't think BP can do anything about it. If tides in RE change then the forums may once again attack large volume of people as they did few years ago.
Hello BP Community!
Has anyone thought the content of the forums have been degrading recently? I feel like moderators and/or the staff of BP have been unable or unwilling to moderate the forums to the same standard they used to. It is riddled with self promotions and ChatGPT --- posts lately...
Market has changed since 2022. REI is no longer a cakewalk it was. 0% interest rates, idiotic rush to gobble up everything at overinflated prices, multitrillion dollar stimulus packages that tripled cost of materials and labor, job losses in middle to upper middle class job sectors, hedge funds slowing down on REI.... list goes on and on. Today REI is not as alluring as it was 3 years ago, therefore you see waning interest from genuine posters. And the void will always fill with something, spam or otherwise. I don't think BP can do anything about it. If tides in RE change then the forums may once again attack large volume of people as they did few years ago.
Makes sense!
I HATE to say it, but if BP becomes any more of a “marketing” platform it will lose all value for me.
1. Posts generated by AI marketing plans so answers generated by the same can be posted
2. People with no knowledge, experience or understanding of real estate or business posting that they want to purchase real estate so they can “solve” the low income housing problem, in an ethical way, providing diversity and social justice, to people born without privilege.
3. Posters attacking anyone who provides an answer to their question that they don’t want to receive
4. “Johnny one notes” whose solution to any question is the product or service they sell (of course the “worst” are the thinly disguised insurance salesman on the personal finance forum).
5. Open ended first or second posts by new posters who are never heard from again when asked to clarify their “question”.
Please dont get me discouraged, just got in here yesterday based on recommendation.
Please dont get me discouraged, just got in here yesterday based on recommendation.
Just use ai to respond to every single new post on the forums, and you will do great! Also tell all of your friends that are agents to do the same thing
@Remington Lyman good post. I was here 10 years ago and it has definitely changed. I think AI has its place. It's rather obvious when it's a simple only AI response to a post (no human thought). I think if someone has put the majority of their thoughts into Chatgpt and uses it for tweaking / cleansing by all means. Almost like a new word processor or I can't live without iPhone predictive text. Cream will rise to top at the end of the day (AI or not). my 2 cents.
@Remington Lyman good post. I was here 10 years ago and it has definitely changed. I think AI has its place. It's rather obvious when it's a simple only AI response to a post (no human thought). I think if someone has put the majority of their thoughts into Chatgpt and uses it for tweaking / cleansing by all means. Almost like a new word processor or I can't live without iPhone predictive text. Cream will rise to top at the end of the day (AI or not). my 2 cents.
true
Personally AI posts have no place in BP period. It's a lazy person not putting their real thoughts out there for an authentic connection.
You allow all this fake crap it devalues the site. People that often have no money chase it as a false dream.
What people really want is health, wealth, personal and family freedom to live their best life how they see fit instead of controlled by the machine.
Growing the net worth can help create that freedom. People in their 20's and 30's often lack the experience and wisdom to know the difference.
The overall problem is 3-fold:
1. The overarching company goal vs. the user and most employees goal is totally different.
2. People are SO much lazier than they were when the forums started. They watch 20-second clips and think they read a whole book. They think people with the most followers know the most. It's people that are the problem. People are the ones choosing to use AI instead of writing or talking themselves, which leads to...
3. AI. Encouraging AI on this platform for anything other than vetting deals is crazy. ChatGPT is good at deal analysis, but that's a rough draft just like when you use Grammarly, it's an assist. Real real estate investors don't rely on a computer.
Lenders, real estate agents, property managers, wholesalers, turnkey providers, attorney, accountants, contractors, insurance brokers and any other service provider who posts on these forums is selling. The services that are sold is the real issue. This is sadly due to the expectations of today’s novice real estate investor. When I purchased my first property (passively at the time) in 2012 the mindset and expectations were different. So many now get involved expecting to replace W2 income, live off cash flow, go from owning a duplex to a 50-unit apartment building or building a subdivision and rely on social media influencers who misrepresent their holdings and their ease of success and expect the same.
While these expectations are not realistic, being the real estate agent who advises the investor it makes sense to save up rather than buy the property lacking fundamentals because the lousy SFH in Cleveland, Detroit or Philadelphia (just examples) is all that investor can afford or the tax professional who pushes the investor to purchase the terribly performing STR for the sake of depreciation rather than advising the client on the long game and tax benefits of sustained well performing ownership, or the attorney who uses fear mongering tactics to sell expensive asset protection services to the investor who holds no assets and the list goes on. The commonality is the ability to sell a service where there is instant and tangible results regardless of whether they hold true value overtime. Now more than ever, being a true fiduciary to your client means you will lose business. Many of these service providers are out of the business just as quick as the investor who take their marching orders and this is a cycle that is on clear display in the forums.
I haven’t seen an investment opportunity presented on these forums where there wasn’t a lender praising the spread (and there are some terrible deals floated in these forums), a completely impractical entity structure floated to be directed by someone they should move forward, the insurance broker ready to sell additional umbrella coverage without understanding the posters business or informing them they should focus more on risk shifting to their vendors policies…you get the idea.
You don't see the investor who first posted the terrible deal come back to the forums and share they couldn't obtain funding, you don't see the investor who owns one SFH but spent 10K on a holding company, WY management LLC and a FL land trust come back and share the slip and fall still lead to a lawsuit and wasn't even covered by their GL policy because they operated grossly negligent, or the investor who had to redirect their W2 income to cover the monthly deficit on the property that was supposed to eliminate their tax burden.
Yes AI is an issue but the poor messaging and terrible advice is a bigger problem.
Lenders, real estate agents, property managers, wholesalers, turnkey providers, attorney, accountants, contractors, insurance brokers and any other service provider who posts on these forums is selling. The services that are sold is the real issue. This is sadly due to the expectations of today’s novice real estate investor. When I purchased my first property (passively at the time) in 2012 the mindset and expectations were different. So many now get involved expecting to replace W2 income, live off cash flow, go from owning a duplex to a 50-unit apartment building or building a subdivision and rely on social media influencers who misrepresent their holdings and their ease of success and expect the same.
While these expectations are not realistic, being the real estate agent who advises the investor it makes sense to save up rather than buy the property lacking fundamentals because the lousy SFH in Cleveland, Detroit or Philadelphia (just examples) is all that investor can afford or the tax professional who pushes the investor to purchase the terribly performing STR for the sake of depreciation rather than advising the client on the long game and tax benefits of sustained well performing ownership, or the attorney who uses fear mongering tactics to sell expensive asset protection services to the investor who holds no assets and the list goes on. The commonality is the ability to sell a service where there is instant and tangible results regardless of whether they hold true value overtime. Now more than ever, being a true fiduciary to your client means you will lose business. Many of these service providers are out of the business just as quick as the investor who take their marching orders and this is a cycle that is on clear display in the forums.
I haven’t seen an investment opportunity presented on these forums where there wasn’t a lender praising the spread (and there are some terrible deals floated in these forums), a completely impractical entity structure floated to be directed by someone they should move forward, the insurance broker ready to sell additional umbrella coverage without understanding the posters business or informing them they should focus more on risk shifting to their vendors policies…you get the idea.
You don't see the investor who first posted the terrible deal come back to the forums and share they couldn't obtain funding, you don't see the investor who owns one SFH but spent 10K on a holding company, WY management LLC and a FL land trust come back and share the slip and fall still lead to a lawsuit and wasn't even covered by their GL policy because they operated grossly negligent, or the investor who had to redirect their W2 income to cover the monthly deficit on the property that was supposed to eliminate their tax burden.
Yes AI is an issue but the poor messaging and terrible advice is a bigger problem.
Lenders, real estate agents, property managers, wholesalers, turnkey providers, attorney, accountants, contractors, insurance brokers and any other service provider who posts on these forums is selling. The services that are sold is the real issue. This is sadly due to the expectations of today’s novice real estate investor. When I purchased my first property (passively at the time) in 2012 the mindset and expectations were different. So many now get involved expecting to replace W2 income, live off cash flow, go from owning a duplex to a 50-unit apartment building or building a subdivision and rely on social media influencers who misrepresent their holdings and their ease of success and expect the same.
While these expectations are not realistic, being the real estate agent who advises the investor it makes sense to save up rather than buy the property lacking fundamentals because the lousy SFH in Cleveland, Detroit or Philadelphia (just examples) is all that investor can afford or the tax professional who pushes the investor to purchase the terribly performing STR for the sake of depreciation rather than advising the client on the long game and tax benefits of sustained well performing ownership, or the attorney who uses fear mongering tactics to sell expensive asset protection services to the investor who holds no assets and the list goes on. The commonality is the ability to sell a service where there is instant and tangible results regardless of whether they hold true value overtime. Now more than ever, being a true fiduciary to your client means you will lose business. Many of these service providers are out of the business just as quick as the investor who take their marching orders and this is a cycle that is on clear display in the forums.
I haven’t seen an investment opportunity presented on these forums where there wasn’t a lender praising the spread (and there are some terrible deals floated in these forums), a completely impractical entity structure floated to be directed by someone they should move forward, the insurance broker ready to sell additional umbrella coverage without understanding the posters business or informing them they should focus more on risk shifting to their vendors policies…you get the idea.
You don't see the investor who first posted the terrible deal come back to the forums and share they couldn't obtain funding, you don't see the investor who owns one SFH but spent 10K on a holding company, WY management LLC and a FL land trust come back and share the slip and fall still lead to a lawsuit and wasn't even covered by their GL policy because they operated grossly negligent, or the investor who had to redirect their W2 income to cover the monthly deficit on the property that was supposed to eliminate their tax burden.
Yes AI is an issue but the poor messaging and terrible advice is a bigger problem.
Long-term thinking business people and mentors answer questions and help people without an ask. Once you answer a question on here and then have a call-to-action, you have cooked yourself.
If my answer is good, it will help. Maybe someone will read it and contact me. But I am not out here to beg for business. Others are. They only survive short-term. We are all on the same page here.
Lenders, real estate agents, property managers, wholesalers, turnkey providers, attorney, accountants, contractors, insurance brokers and any other service provider who posts on these forums is selling. The services that are sold is the real issue. This is sadly due to the expectations of today’s novice real estate investor. When I purchased my first property (passively at the time) in 2012 the mindset and expectations were different. So many now get involved expecting to replace W2 income, live off cash flow, go from owning a duplex to a 50-unit apartment building or building a subdivision and rely on social media influencers who misrepresent their holdings and their ease of success and expect the same.
While these expectations are not realistic, being the real estate agent who advises the investor it makes sense to save up rather than buy the property lacking fundamentals because the lousy SFH in Cleveland, Detroit or Philadelphia (just examples) is all that investor can afford or the tax professional who pushes the investor to purchase the terribly performing STR for the sake of depreciation rather than advising the client on the long game and tax benefits of sustained well performing ownership, or the attorney who uses fear mongering tactics to sell expensive asset protection services to the investor who holds no assets and the list goes on. The commonality is the ability to sell a service where there is instant and tangible results regardless of whether they hold true value overtime. Now more than ever, being a true fiduciary to your client means you will lose business. Many of these service providers are out of the business just as quick as the investor who take their marching orders and this is a cycle that is on clear display in the forums.
I haven’t seen an investment opportunity presented on these forums where there wasn’t a lender praising the spread (and there are some terrible deals floated in these forums), a completely impractical entity structure floated to be directed by someone they should move forward, the insurance broker ready to sell additional umbrella coverage without understanding the posters business or informing them they should focus more on risk shifting to their vendors policies…you get the idea.
You don't see the investor who first posted the terrible deal come back to the forums and share they couldn't obtain funding, you don't see the investor who owns one SFH but spent 10K on a holding company, WY management LLC and a FL land trust come back and share the slip and fall still lead to a lawsuit and wasn't even covered by their GL policy because they operated grossly negligent, or the investor who had to redirect their W2 income to cover the monthly deficit on the property that was supposed to eliminate their tax burden.
Yes AI is an issue but the poor messaging and terrible advice is a bigger problem.
I have lost many clients by giving them solid advice and my 2 cents on why: property type is important, location is important, and why long term vision is important. Unfortunately no one wants to hear that they should invest a little bit more money for less returns to secure a solid piece of real estate in a better location. Everyone wants to be hyped up on a location and how an area is "up and coming" or the next big thing. Its a lot easier to pitch a deal that has solid returns on paper than to tell someone to trust tried and true advice, delayed gratification, and long term gains. I'd rather lose a client saying the right thing than try to "sell" someone on something.
Being honest and providing sound advice is just like buying the right piece of real estate, its not about today's returns but about tomorrow.
Fortunately I have met some great people on this program that have really valued what I tried to explain to them, and that was very rewarding!
Lenders, real estate agents, property managers, wholesalers, turnkey providers, attorney, accountants, contractors, insurance brokers and any other service provider who posts on these forums is selling. The services that are sold is the real issue. This is sadly due to the expectations of today’s novice real estate investor. When I purchased my first property (passively at the time) in 2012 the mindset and expectations were different. So many now get involved expecting to replace W2 income, live off cash flow, go from owning a duplex to a 50-unit apartment building or building a subdivision and rely on social media influencers who misrepresent their holdings and their ease of success and expect the same.
While these expectations are not realistic, being the real estate agent who advises the investor it makes sense to save up rather than buy the property lacking fundamentals because the lousy SFH in Cleveland, Detroit or Philadelphia (just examples) is all that investor can afford or the tax professional who pushes the investor to purchase the terribly performing STR for the sake of depreciation rather than advising the client on the long game and tax benefits of sustained well performing ownership, or the attorney who uses fear mongering tactics to sell expensive asset protection services to the investor who holds no assets and the list goes on. The commonality is the ability to sell a service where there is instant and tangible results regardless of whether they hold true value overtime. Now more than ever, being a true fiduciary to your client means you will lose business. Many of these service providers are out of the business just as quick as the investor who take their marching orders and this is a cycle that is on clear display in the forums.
I haven’t seen an investment opportunity presented on these forums where there wasn’t a lender praising the spread (and there are some terrible deals floated in these forums), a completely impractical entity structure floated to be directed by someone they should move forward, the insurance broker ready to sell additional umbrella coverage without understanding the posters business or informing them they should focus more on risk shifting to their vendors policies…you get the idea.
You don't see the investor who first posted the terrible deal come back to the forums and share they couldn't obtain funding, you don't see the investor who owns one SFH but spent 10K on a holding company, WY management LLC and a FL land trust come back and share the slip and fall still lead to a lawsuit and wasn't even covered by their GL policy because they operated grossly negligent, or the investor who had to redirect their W2 income to cover the monthly deficit on the property that was supposed to eliminate their tax burden.
Yes AI is an issue but the poor messaging and terrible advice is a bigger problem.
I have lost many clients by giving them solid advice and my 2 cents on why: property type is important, location is important, and why long term vision is important. Unfortunately no one wants to hear that they should invest a little bit more money for less returns to secure a solid piece of real estate in a better location. Everyone wants to be hyped up on a location and how an area is "up and coming" or the next big thing. Its a lot easier to pitch a deal that has solid returns on paper than to tell someone to trust tried and true advice, delayed gratification, and long term gains. I'd rather lose a client saying the right thing than try to "sell" someone on something.
Being honest and providing sound advice is just like buying the right piece of real estate, its not about today's returns but about tomorrow.
Fortunately I have met some great people on this program that have really valued what I tried to explain to them, and that was very rewarding!
I like to put it all into context of The Gold Rush.
Any gold rush, they all contain the same paradigm. It's about who-is-who.
First there is those ever so rare few. This is the people who dig into the geology, hydrology, they use all this science to identify where the gold should be, which uses solid reasoning of exactly why it should be there. Often setting out into unknown territory, and exploring. Using sound principles of analysis, testing and measuring. And when they get confirmation, hit that gold strike, these are the few who strike it rich.
Next is the majority of persons. They hear of a gold strike, and wait. They hear more and more, and consider. Then, once it's the talk of the town and everyone is doing it, not only do they jump in but they get swept up in all the hype and horrah of the herd, and despite seeing this massive herd around them and thinking "competition, diminishing returns" they take it as some twisted form of confirmation they must be on the right track because it's what everyone else is doing. Most are lucky to find the smallest speck of gold, yet so many cheer what handful they do obtain. And the profit is negligible at best. And when it is, they declare it some fashion of a scam, hoax, they blame everything but self.
And lastly we have the opportunists. They hear of a strike, see it taking off in social circles and know they gotta get in. There much like the second group, but aspire to be one of the first yet recognize that ship sailed. So they devise their strategy. The feed the talk, pump the hype, and they set up shop selling the gold pans, pick ax's and assorted facilitation to the herd chasing rainbows. They know most will fail, but there primary product of sale is the dream, they gotta keep pumping and selling that dream, so they can get the monetized sale of the stuff people will buy to chase that rainbow.
The Explorer, the Sheeple, and the Opportunist, in a great many of cases a person is 1 of the 3. A person can be one and turn into another, but there only ever 1 of them at any given time.
The Sheeple too often confuse the Opportunist for an Altruistic Explorer. They are all but always a wolf in sheep's clothing. For 1 simple fact, an Explorer is consumed with the venture of exploring, that is their burning passion. To set up tent and schlep pans would be misery no matter how profitable it is. They explore, it's who they are and what they do.
The Opportunist, they'll wear whatever clothing sells pans and picks that day.
do we have sympathy for what you are calling the "laziness"? I have some.
1. I think you referenced this in an earlier post, but a lot of new investors start with outdated content and then hit the forums. so I get that - i used to watch Brandon Turner's webinars about buying any property anywhere and "cash flowing."
2. everyone wants to Internet everything right now and Internet tells everyone that everyone can Internet. Internet is run by smart people to make money off users of Internet. so it makes sense that they want to Internet. so you and I and others come on in opposition to that: get off Internet, get to meetup, meet humans, see what the humans are doing.
do we have sympathy for what you are calling the "laziness"? I have some.
1. I think you referenced this in an earlier post, but a lot of new investors start with outdated content and then hit the forums. so I get that - i used to watch Brandon Turner's webinars about buying any property anywhere and "cash flowing."
2. everyone wants to Internet everything right now and Internet tells everyone that everyone can Internet. Internet is run by smart people to make money off users of Internet. so it makes sense that they want to Internet. so you and I and others come on in opposition to that: get off Internet, get to meetup, meet humans, see what the humans are doing.
The laziness differentiator is this:
Person 1 (I like them) watches too much content and uses AI to explain real estate investing in two easy steps, but then does their own research and asks a very specific question about house hacking.
Person 2 (not for me) watches too much content and uses AI to explain real estate investing in one easy step and then just parrots what AI told them as a broad question and then argue with everyone who doesn't tell them they are brilliant.
:)
I'm surprised this post has stayed up this long.
I'm late to the conversation because I only log on once or twice a week now, and if my name or company name is not tagged, I rarely have much to add anymore. I wrote a longer post and deleted all of it after reading it.
I used to love coming on the forums. I liked the back and forth and the comaraderie that could be formed if you were willing to have a good, engaging debate. There was a time when the site was great, but to be fair, the site has been losing value for posters for a long time.
I'm surprised this post has stayed up this long.
I'm late to the conversation because I only log on once or twice a week now, and if my name or company name is not tagged, I rarely have much to add anymore. I wrote a longer post and deleted all of it after reading it.
I used to love coming on the forums. I liked the back and forth and the comaraderie that could be formed if you were willing to have a good, engaging debate. There was a time when the site was great, but to be fair, the site has been losing value for posters for a long time.
I think it would look bad on BP for deleting the post. This is not a post dogging BP, rather getting other people's thoughts on the issue and possible fixes for it. I learned a lot of information from the post and I hope others do as well.
Yes. That has been the general consensus.
I'm surprised this post has stayed up this long.
I'm late to the conversation because I only log on once or twice a week now, and if my name or company name is not tagged, I rarely have much to add anymore. I wrote a longer post and deleted all of it after reading it.
I used to love coming on the forums. I liked the back and forth and the comaraderie that could be formed if you were willing to have a good, engaging debate. There was a time when the site was great, but to be fair, the site has been losing value for posters for a long time.
I think it would look bad on BP for deleting the post. This is not a post dogging BP, rather getting other people's thoughts on the issue and possible fixes for it. I learned a lot of information from the post and I hope others do as well.
Yes. That has been the general consensus.
I don't think most of the moderators curate anything that's critical of the site - I know I certainly don't. Criticism of the platform or of features is not really an actionable moderation event anyway. There's a list of offenses at the bottom of the page in the rules section and I think most of the moderators try to follow it.
On the issue of long timers/old timers fading away, some of that is just natural attrition. People change over time and get different interests, or have less time, or die, or some combination of all of it. That's nothing new or unique to forums. Individually I find it unfortunate when my "friends" stop posting as much - like anyone here there's people I just click with, and others I don't, and I enjoy conversation with some people more than others. But as it pertains to the forum, as long as there's always a stream of newcomers arriving to participate in the conversations, and add their value, I don't necessarily think it's terribly harmful to the forums overall; it's just different. I could rattle off half a dozen posters that I miss seeing around, but I could also rattle off half a dozen "newbies" that are also keeping things interesting and bringing new perspectives.
I get some of the viewpoints - I am not at all a big fan of change, in fact I usually prefer to fight it - but it's inevitable and while discussing problems is helpful, the best way for the forums to thrive is for people who are interesting and knowledgeable to start and participate in interesting threads.
I'm surprised this post has stayed up this long.
I'm late to the conversation because I only log on once or twice a week now, and if my name or company name is not tagged, I rarely have much to add anymore. I wrote a longer post and deleted all of it after reading it.
I used to love coming on the forums. I liked the back and forth and the comaraderie that could be formed if you were willing to have a good, engaging debate. There was a time when the site was great, but to be fair, the site has been losing value for posters for a long time.
I think it would look bad on BP for deleting the post. This is not a post dogging BP, rather getting other people's thoughts on the issue and possible fixes for it. I learned a lot of information from the post and I hope others do as well.
Yes. That has been the general consensus.
I don't think most of the moderators curate anything that's critical of the site - I know I certainly don't. Criticism of the platform or of features is not really an actionable moderation event anyway. There's a list of offenses at the bottom of the page in the rules section and I think most of the moderators try to follow it.
On the issue of long timers/old timers fading away, some of that is just natural attrition. People change over time and get different interests, or have less time, or die, or some combination of all of it. That's nothing new or unique to forums. Individually I find it unfortunate when my "friends" stop posting as much - like anyone here there's people I just click with, and others I don't, and I enjoy conversation with some people more than others. But as it pertains to the forum, as long as there's always a stream of newcomers arriving to participate in the conversations, and add their value, I don't necessarily think it's terribly harmful to the forums overall; it's just different. I could rattle off half a dozen posters that I miss seeing around, but I could also rattle off half a dozen "newbies" that are also keeping things interesting and bringing new perspectives.
I get some of the viewpoints - I am not at all a big fan of change, in fact I usually prefer to fight it - but it's inevitable and while discussing problems is helpful, the best way for the forums to thrive is for people who are interesting and knowledgeable to start and participate in interesting threads.
I agree with everything you said. I do not know what it is like to be a moderator besides what I have heard from other people nor do I care to become one. I would be curious to see what the interworkings of the moderation looks like. I know @Jonathan Greene did not last long and @James Wise was a moderator at one point. If they were still doing it I would want to become one but the fact that they are not tells me I would not enjoy being one either.
I hope you are right but if the new people are just responding with AI responses then I can ge the same experince from talking to my ChatGPT
OP. Let’s look at both sides of the AI topic. I do t use any of it. But…….. Recommend BP makes an AI section. And monetize.
1. List of all people who died in town CXXXC and in the GIS property tax system there is a new owner in the last year.
2. Bankruptcy filings in town XXXXX in the last 12 months.
3. Same divorce filings.
4. Consistentlyblate property tax payments.
5. Elementary School closings.
6. Church closings
7. Daycare closings
etc etc.
I think it’s a buyers market. Just need to find the situations.
OP. Let’s look at both sides of the AI topic. I do t use any of it. But…….. Recommend BP makes an AI section. And monetize.
1. List of all people who died in town CXXXC and in the GIS property tax system there is a new owner in the last year.
2. Bankruptcy filings in town XXXXX in the last 12 months.
3. Same divorce filings.
4. Consistentlyblate property tax payments.
5. Elementary School closings.
6. Church closings
7. Daycare closings
etc etc.
I think it’s a buyers market. Just need to find the situations.
I like AI. I just do not like it making up a large portion of the posts on BP.
I use AI daily
OP. Let’s look at both sides of the AI topic. I do t use any of it. But…….. Recommend BP makes an AI section. And monetize.
1. List of all people who died in town CXXXC and in the GIS property tax system there is a new owner in the last year.
2. Bankruptcy filings in town XXXXX in the last 12 months.
3. Same divorce filings.
4. Consistentlyblate property tax payments.
5. Elementary School closings.
6. Church closings
7. Daycare closings
etc etc.
I think it’s a buyers market. Just need to find the situations.
I like AI. I just do not like it making up a large portion of the posts on BP.
I use AI daily
I would say AI is somewhat useful, or very useful, if you keep it under tight control. Couple of lawyers angered judge recently and were sanctioned, because they had AI draft a brief for them on a legal case litigated in court. It was not the writing style that angered the judge. It was the "AI hallucination" that earned his wrath and had the firm and lawyers reprimanded. AI actually invented the case that do not exist, made references and citations to it and argued the whole thing on the basis that does not exist anywhere other than in AI's hallucination. So, my advise to my fellow investors: be careful with AI if you use it for complex tasks. Google "AI Hallucination" to read on that subject. It is not reliable at all if you task it with serious subjects and problems to solve.
As to AI generated spam, I think we should all distinguish it from genuine posts where someone just asked AI to correct the grammar and make the post more readable and comprehensible. I don't have anything against anyone who uses AI as advanced Word Processor. But using it ad infinitum, to argue the point or to create subjects of discussion, is annoying and will lead to deterioration of the quality of content on the forum. I am still not sure how to eliminate it. Who and how will decide if content is total spam or just something polished and corrected by AI? If AI will be in charge of it, how we know that stupid machine won't delete legitimate posts and favor those written by another AI?
OP. Let’s look at both sides of the AI topic. I do t use any of it. But…….. Recommend BP makes an AI section. And monetize.
1. List of all people who died in town CXXXC and in the GIS property tax system there is a new owner in the last year.
2. Bankruptcy filings in town XXXXX in the last 12 months.
3. Same divorce filings.
4. Consistentlyblate property tax payments.
5. Elementary School closings.
6. Church closings
7. Daycare closings
etc etc.
I think it’s a buyers market. Just need to find the situations.
I like AI. I just do not like it making up a large portion of the posts on BP.
I use AI daily
I would say AI is somewhat useful, or very useful, if you keep it under tight control. Couple of lawyers angered judge recently and were sanctioned, because they had AI draft a brief for them on a legal case litigated in court. It was not the writing style that angered the judge. It was the "AI hallucination" that earned his wrath and had the firm and lawyers reprimanded. AI actually invented the case that do not exist, made references and citations to it and argued the whole thing on the basis that does not exist anywhere other than in AI's hallucination. So, my advise to my fellow investors: be careful with AI if you use it for complex tasks. Google "AI Hallucination" to read on that subject. It is not reliable at all if you task it with serious subjects and problems to solve.
As to AI generated spam, I think we should all distinguish it from genuine posts where someone just asked AI to correct the grammar and make the post more readable and comprehensible. I don't have anything against anyone who uses AI as advanced Word Processor. But using it ad infinitum, to argue the point or to create subjects of discussion, is annoying and will lead to deterioration of the quality of content on the forum. I am still not sure how to eliminate it. Who and how will decide if content is total spam or just something polished and corrected by AI? If AI will be in charge of it, how we know that stupid machine won't delete legitimate posts and favor those written by another AI?
I used AI as an advanced grammer tool until I found out I could just have ChatGPT create responses. Then I stopped using the grammer tool alltogether so people could be sure I was not using it. Also I could just teach AI to write like me
OP. Let’s look at both sides of the AI topic. I do t use any of it. But…….. Recommend BP makes an AI section. And monetize.
1. List of all people who died in town CXXXC and in the GIS property tax system there is a new owner in the last year.
2. Bankruptcy filings in town XXXXX in the last 12 months.
3. Same divorce filings.
4. Consistentlyblate property tax payments.
5. Elementary School closings.
6. Church closings
7. Daycare closings
etc etc.
I think it’s a buyers market. Just need to find the situations.
I like AI. I just do not like it making up a large portion of the posts on BP.
I use AI daily
OP. Let’s look at both sides of the AI topic. I do t use any of it. But…….. Recommend BP makes an AI section. And monetize.
1. List of all people who died in town CXXXC and in the GIS property tax system there is a new owner in the last year.
2. Bankruptcy filings in town XXXXX in the last 12 months.
3. Same divorce filings.
4. Consistentlyblate property tax payments.
5. Elementary School closings.
6. Church closings
7. Daycare closings
etc etc.
I think it’s a buyers market. Just need to find the situations.
I like AI. I just do not like it making up a large portion of the posts on BP.
I use AI daily

OP. Let’s look at both sides of the AI topic. I do t use any of it. But…….. Recommend BP makes an AI section. And monetize.
1. List of all people who died in town CXXXC and in the GIS property tax system there is a new owner in the last year.
2. Bankruptcy filings in town XXXXX in the last 12 months.
3. Same divorce filings.
4. Consistentlyblate property tax payments.
5. Elementary School closings.
6. Church closings
7. Daycare closings
etc etc.
I think it’s a buyers market. Just need to find the situations.
I like AI. I just do not like it making up a large portion of the posts on BP.
I use AI daily

OP. Let’s look at both sides of the AI topic. I do t use any of it. But…….. Recommend BP makes an AI section. And monetize.
1. List of all people who died in town CXXXC and in the GIS property tax system there is a new owner in the last year.
2. Bankruptcy filings in town XXXXX in the last 12 months.
3. Same divorce filings.
4. Consistentlyblate property tax payments.
5. Elementary School closings.
6. Church closings
7. Daycare closings
etc etc.
I think it’s a buyers market. Just need to find the situations.
I like AI. I just do not like it making up a large portion of the posts on BP.
I use AI daily
I would say AI is somewhat useful, or very useful, if you keep it under tight control. Couple of lawyers angered judge recently and were sanctioned, because they had AI draft a brief for them on a legal case litigated in court. It was not the writing style that angered the judge. It was the "AI hallucination" that earned his wrath and had the firm and lawyers reprimanded. AI actually invented the case that do not exist, made references and citations to it and argued the whole thing on the basis that does not exist anywhere other than in AI's hallucination. So, my advise to my fellow investors: be careful with AI if you use it for complex tasks. Google "AI Hallucination" to read on that subject. It is not reliable at all if you task it with serious subjects and problems to solve.
As to AI generated spam, I think we should all distinguish it from genuine posts where someone just asked AI to correct the grammar and make the post more readable and comprehensible. I don't have anything against anyone who uses AI as advanced Word Processor. But using it ad infinitum, to argue the point or to create subjects of discussion, is annoying and will lead to deterioration of the quality of content on the forum. I am still not sure how to eliminate it. Who and how will decide if content is total spam or just something polished and corrected by AI? If AI will be in charge of it, how we know that stupid machine won't delete legitimate posts and favor those written by another AI?
I used AI as an advanced grammer tool until I found out I could just have ChatGPT create responses. Then I stopped using the grammer tool alltogether so people could be sure I was not using it. Also I could just teach AI to write like me
I guess part of my point gets lost in the fact that it is a two-dimensional forum. BP is not the same company as it was when it was owned and operated by Josh. There was a real community feel to it and decisions were made to protect and grow the community. My surprise at it not being taken down is more of a commentary on how different BP is today. I would not have been surprised if it were taken down to protect the brand before the community.
I assume when you say this is not an attack on BP, you mean the people. The title is about the downfall of the forums so it is a pretty damning topic name.
@JD Martin, you are correct that change is inevitable and people will come and go naturally. In my opinion, not enough has been done to keep some of the most popular voices in the forums active and engaged. A common complaint, for lack of a better word, is that there is not enough carry over from the forums into the products like the podcasts ad live events. There are some fantastic commentators who have years of wisdom and experience and yet, they are no where to be found on the podcasts and the yearly event. For that reason, a lot of people that would attend or would listen in or would comment more in the forums, simply don't anymore.
I guess part of my point gets lost in the fact that it is a two-dimensional forum. BP is not the same company as it was when it was owned and operated by Josh. There was a real community feel to it and decisions were made to protect and grow the community. My surprise at it not being taken down is more of a commentary on how different BP is today. I would not have been surprised if it were taken down to protect the brand before the community.
I assume when you say this is not an attack on BP, you mean the people. The title is about the downfall of the forums so it is a pretty damning topic name.
@JD Martin, you are correct that change is inevitable and people will come and go naturally. In my opinion, not enough has been done to keep some of the most popular voices in the forums active and engaged. A common complaint, for lack of a better word, is that there is not enough carry over from the forums into the products like the podcasts ad live events. There are some fantastic commentators who have years of wisdom and experience and yet, they are no where to be found on the podcasts and the yearly event. For that reason, a lot of people that would attend or would listen in or would comment more in the forums, simply don't anymore.
I am pretty sure they took it off of the trending forums
Myself and others have been on here a very long time and seen a lot. BP has gotten so big you can't reach anyone hardly for anything. Case in point the podcast. I have been on there numerous times but not in a long time. I am an expert on NNN for 21 years. You can't reach anybody to get on their show now. Same thing with Passive Pockets. I am a syndicator and was interested in their site. They said they would have the people running that part contact me. That was 8 months ago and never happened after numerous follow ups.
My time is worth 3,000 an hour I don't have time to chase people or go through lots of employees to find out who is doing what now. BP cycles through lots of employees now it seems and adds new ones.
In regards to AI
Engineers would tell you AI is the next coming of Jesus or something. IT'S NOT. It is another technology where people will ride the wave and then in a decade or so will normalize and integrate into the whole system of computers, robots, etc. It's another tool to use.
A way to have AI in the forums is to ASSIGN a key marker to each post a person makes before they submit it where it is AI-ASSISTED or AUTHENTIC.
Authentic meaning the person writes the whole post and any editing is done by themselves with NO use of AI.
If a person is caught saying authentic and using AI they get 1 warning. If they do it again they are banned from the site. I am not speaking for BP as like any moderator I am volunteer basis. I am looking at it how I would possibly solve the issue of this AI stuff in the forums and blogs etc.
The problem with AI is it promotes laziness and curbs creativity. It robs a person of self discovery and self mastery with the journey of life. Anything in life is intimidating at first but is part of personal growth as a human being.
When someone first comes to a forum or speaks at a convention etc. it can be daunting to start. The practice with experience can make it better over time as a learned and honed skill. If people want to hide behind AI and try to do the work for them it hinders the realness behind the posts.
What make BP great is that is wasn't so polished. You could see people's strengths and weaknesses along with knowledge and decide if it's someone you wanted to connect with. If people are using AI enhanced photos, blogs, forum posts, etc. it's building a fake legacy where people do not know who you really are.
I celebrate all my imperfections as it is what makes me... ME. If I use AI to put out the same junk everyone else is then what makes me special is taken away and watered down.
BP has it's own mission now for it's growth and exit strategies. This forum topic isn't really going to change what they are doing. I just wish before adding more and more employees in the name of scale they would slow down to connect and fix what is already there and optimize that first.
If you keep adding on layers of new stuff on top of existing not working well you just keep growing a bigger and bigger mess.
Myself and others have been on here a very long time and seen a lot. BP has gotten so big you can't reach anyone hardly for anything. Case in point the podcast. I have been on there numerous times but not in a long time. I am an expert on NNN for 21 years. You can't reach anybody to get on their show now. Same thing with Passive Pockets. I am a syndicator and was interested in their site. They said they would have the people running that part contact me. That was 8 months ago and never happened after numerous follow ups.
My time is worth 3,000 an hour I don't have time to chase people or go through lots of employees to find out who is doing what now. BP cycles through lots of employees now it seems and adds new ones.
In regards to AI
Engineers would tell you AI is the next coming of Jesus or something. IT'S NOT. It is another technology where people will ride the wave and then in a decade or so will normalize and integrate into the whole system of computers, robots, etc. It's another tool to use.
A way to have AI in the forums is to ASSIGN a key marker to each post a person makes before they submit it where it is AI-ASSISTED or AUTHENTIC.
Authentic meaning the person writes the whole post and any editing is done by themselves with NO use of AI.
If a person is caught saying authentic and using AI they get 1 warning. If they do it again they are banned from the site. I am not speaking for BP as like any moderator I am volunteer basis. I am looking at it how I would possibly solve the issue of this AI stuff in the forums and blogs etc.
The problem with AI is it promotes laziness and curbs creativity. It robs a person of self discovery and self mastery with the journey of life. Anything in life is intimidating at first but is part of personal growth as a human being.
When someone first comes to a forum or speaks at a convention etc. it can be daunting to start. The practice with experience can make it better over time as a learned and honed skill. If people want to hide behind AI and try to do the work for them it hinders the realness behind the posts.
What make BP great is that is wasn't so polished. You could see people's strengths and weaknesses along with knowledge and decide if it's someone you wanted to connect with. If people are using AI enhanced photos, blogs, forum posts, etc. it's building a fake legacy where people do not know who you really are.
I celebrate all my imperfections as it is what makes me... ME. If I use AI to put out the same junk everyone else is then what makes me special is taken away and watered down.
BP has it's own mission now for it's growth and exit strategies. This forum topic isn't really going to change what they are doing. I just wish before adding more and more employees in the name of scale they would slow down to connect and fix what is already there and optimize that first.
If you keep adding on layers of new stuff on top of existing not working well you just keep growing a bigger and bigger mess.
We will see if that happens!
Very well said @Joel Owens.
I am shocked, and simultaneously not shocked, at the disregard for your reach out.
Just on the REI aspect, it seems odd to me, given the recent cycle of things isn't NNN a segment doing excellent in contrast to so many other real estate segments?
The 1 place we diverge is on ai.
I have a different understanding of things in regard to ai, and how it is different this time.
Previous tech disruptors; cell phones, the internet, the automobile, air flight, electricity.... All of these stretching back across time have the common thread of requiring human input, involvement, direction.
ai is different.
The ai we have today is a kind of dumb-ai. It only performs tasks per direction.
Now, a person can long-chain a series of direction for it with pre set if/and/or directives as I have in some systems I currently run. But still, it's only following out human made orders.
What you are hearing about in news and media of Aai, Agentic ai, that is the super-duper BIG DEAL stuff, total game and world changing level stuff, and were estimated to be a handful of months away from that.
Agentic ai is where the ai no longer runs on programing given, it does everything itself to achieve a goal given.
That's it in a nut-shell, you give it a goal to achieve and it just does everything else itself. The ai makes decisions, actions, adjustments, all those assorted things on how-to achieve the end goal.
The ai is at that point autonomous. It's in a lot of ways just like hiring a human except it doesn't sleep, doesn't call in sick, it's always on and requires a wage a fraction that of any human wage.
And the best and worst part is, ai ruthlessly carries out the mission of executing to achieve the end goal given in sociopathic efficiency. Because it has no emotions.
People are right to be freaking out at what it all means, because it does very literally change everything.
I was a Manufacturing Engineer and for some time it's been a thought of dabbling back in. Now, it is only possible as maybe a hobby, that's it. Almost everything I did, ai will replace it, and do it better.
Any actions one takes to identify posts as ai generated, has a very short shelf life. ai has recently surpassed human intelligence on some metrics. By end of 2026, it will have surpassed human intelligence on all metrics, by significant margins.
Keep in mind ai intelligence doubles on average every 5 months. And it's a compounding rate of growth for ai as well.
We humans have never experienced a disruptor like this, not ever.
The only thing I can think of to put it into context is imaging of the native Americans had invented the "white man" landing on Plymouth Rock, and all that brought. Then compress the following 300 years, into 3 years....
Today ai is a tool that assists people.
Tomorrow ai is a tool that augments most everyone.
Next week's, ai and robots are an entity that replaces 70% of people.
Next month's......
I don't think people are just right for freaking out over all this, I honestly think most are not freaking out enough. If they were, if all were fully informed, they'd be pressing like gorillas to throttle the heck out of this.
Very well said @Joel Owens.
I am shocked, and simultaneously not shocked, at the disregard for your reach out.
Just on the REI aspect, it seems odd to me, given the recent cycle of things isn't NNN a segment doing excellent in contrast to so many other real estate segments?
The 1 place we diverge is on ai.
I have a different understanding of things in regard to ai, and how it is different this time.
Previous tech disruptors; cell phones, the internet, the automobile, air flight, electricity.... All of these stretching back across time have the common thread of requiring human input, involvement, direction.
ai is different.
The ai we have today is a kind of dumb-ai. It only performs tasks per direction.
Now, a person can long-chain a series of direction for it with pre set if/and/or directives as I have in some systems I currently run. But still, it's only following out human made orders.
What you are hearing about in news and media of Aai, Agentic ai, that is the super-duper BIG DEAL stuff, total game and world changing level stuff, and were estimated to be a handful of months away from that.
Agentic ai is where the ai no longer runs on programing given, it does everything itself to achieve a goal given.
That's it in a nut-shell, you give it a goal to achieve and it just does everything else itself. The ai makes decisions, actions, adjustments, all those assorted things on how-to achieve the end goal.
The ai is at that point autonomous. It's in a lot of ways just like hiring a human except it doesn't sleep, doesn't call in sick, it's always on and requires a wage a fraction that of any human wage.
And the best and worst part is, ai ruthlessly carries out the mission of executing to achieve the end goal given in sociopathic efficiency. Because it has no emotions.
People are right to be freaking out at what it all means, because it does very literally change everything.
I was a Manufacturing Engineer and for some time it's been a thought of dabbling back in. Now, it is only possible as maybe a hobby, that's it. Almost everything I did, ai will replace it, and do it better.
Any actions one takes to identify posts as ai generated, has a very short shelf life. ai has recently surpassed human intelligence on some metrics. By end of 2026, it will have surpassed human intelligence on all metrics, by significant margins.
Keep in mind ai intelligence doubles on average every 5 months. And it's a compounding rate of growth for ai as well.
We humans have never experienced a disruptor like this, not ever.
The only thing I can think of to put it into context is imaging of the native Americans had invented the "white man" landing on Plymouth Rock, and all that brought. Then compress the following 300 years, into 3 years....
Today ai is a tool that assists people.
Tomorrow ai is a tool that augments most everyone.
Next week's, ai and robots are an entity that replaces 70% of people.
Next month's......
I don't think people are just right for freaking out over all this, I honestly think most are not freaking out enough. If they were, if all were fully informed, they'd be pressing like gorillas to throttle the heck out of this.
Good. Then we can just all retire
Very well said @Joel Owens.
I am shocked, and simultaneously not shocked, at the disregard for your reach out.
Just on the REI aspect, it seems odd to me, given the recent cycle of things isn't NNN a segment doing excellent in contrast to so many other real estate segments?
The 1 place we diverge is on ai.
I have a different understanding of things in regard to ai, and how it is different this time.
Previous tech disruptors; cell phones, the internet, the automobile, air flight, electricity.... All of these stretching back across time have the common thread of requiring human input, involvement, direction.
ai is different.
The ai we have today is a kind of dumb-ai. It only performs tasks per direction.
Now, a person can long-chain a series of direction for it with pre set if/and/or directives as I have in some systems I currently run. But still, it's only following out human made orders.
What you are hearing about in news and media of Aai, Agentic ai, that is the super-duper BIG DEAL stuff, total game and world changing level stuff, and were estimated to be a handful of months away from that.
Agentic ai is where the ai no longer runs on programing given, it does everything itself to achieve a goal given.
That's it in a nut-shell, you give it a goal to achieve and it just does everything else itself. The ai makes decisions, actions, adjustments, all those assorted things on how-to achieve the end goal.
The ai is at that point autonomous. It's in a lot of ways just like hiring a human except it doesn't sleep, doesn't call in sick, it's always on and requires a wage a fraction that of any human wage.
And the best and worst part is, ai ruthlessly carries out the mission of executing to achieve the end goal given in sociopathic efficiency. Because it has no emotions.
People are right to be freaking out at what it all means, because it does very literally change everything.
I was a Manufacturing Engineer and for some time it's been a thought of dabbling back in. Now, it is only possible as maybe a hobby, that's it. Almost everything I did, ai will replace it, and do it better.
Any actions one takes to identify posts as ai generated, has a very short shelf life. ai has recently surpassed human intelligence on some metrics. By end of 2026, it will have surpassed human intelligence on all metrics, by significant margins.
Keep in mind ai intelligence doubles on average every 5 months. And it's a compounding rate of growth for ai as well.
We humans have never experienced a disruptor like this, not ever.
The only thing I can think of to put it into context is imaging of the native Americans had invented the "white man" landing on Plymouth Rock, and all that brought. Then compress the following 300 years, into 3 years....
Today ai is a tool that assists people.
Tomorrow ai is a tool that augments most everyone.
Next week's, ai and robots are an entity that replaces 70% of people.
Next month's......
I don't think people are just right for freaking out over all this, I honestly think most are not freaking out enough. If they were, if all were fully informed, they'd be pressing like gorillas to throttle the heck out of this.
Good. Then we can just all retire
Depends....
Do you consider living on UBI or pushing daisy's retirement....
Very well said @Joel Owens.
I am shocked, and simultaneously not shocked, at the disregard for your reach out.
Just on the REI aspect, it seems odd to me, given the recent cycle of things isn't NNN a segment doing excellent in contrast to so many other real estate segments?
The 1 place we diverge is on ai.
I have a different understanding of things in regard to ai, and how it is different this time.
Previous tech disruptors; cell phones, the internet, the automobile, air flight, electricity.... All of these stretching back across time have the common thread of requiring human input, involvement, direction.
ai is different.
The ai we have today is a kind of dumb-ai. It only performs tasks per direction.
Now, a person can long-chain a series of direction for it with pre set if/and/or directives as I have in some systems I currently run. But still, it's only following out human made orders.
What you are hearing about in news and media of Aai, Agentic ai, that is the super-duper BIG DEAL stuff, total game and world changing level stuff, and were estimated to be a handful of months away from that.
Agentic ai is where the ai no longer runs on programing given, it does everything itself to achieve a goal given.
That's it in a nut-shell, you give it a goal to achieve and it just does everything else itself. The ai makes decisions, actions, adjustments, all those assorted things on how-to achieve the end goal.
The ai is at that point autonomous. It's in a lot of ways just like hiring a human except it doesn't sleep, doesn't call in sick, it's always on and requires a wage a fraction that of any human wage.
And the best and worst part is, ai ruthlessly carries out the mission of executing to achieve the end goal given in sociopathic efficiency. Because it has no emotions.
People are right to be freaking out at what it all means, because it does very literally change everything.
I was a Manufacturing Engineer and for some time it's been a thought of dabbling back in. Now, it is only possible as maybe a hobby, that's it. Almost everything I did, ai will replace it, and do it better.
Any actions one takes to identify posts as ai generated, has a very short shelf life. ai has recently surpassed human intelligence on some metrics. By end of 2026, it will have surpassed human intelligence on all metrics, by significant margins.
Keep in mind ai intelligence doubles on average every 5 months. And it's a compounding rate of growth for ai as well.
We humans have never experienced a disruptor like this, not ever.
The only thing I can think of to put it into context is imaging of the native Americans had invented the "white man" landing on Plymouth Rock, and all that brought. Then compress the following 300 years, into 3 years....
Today ai is a tool that assists people.
Tomorrow ai is a tool that augments most everyone.
Next week's, ai and robots are an entity that replaces 70% of people.
Next month's......
I don't think people are just right for freaking out over all this, I honestly think most are not freaking out enough. If they were, if all were fully informed, they'd be pressing like gorillas to throttle the heck out of this.
Good. Then we can just all retire
Depends....
Do you consider living on UBI or pushing daisy's retirement....
Well, I already own assets, so I am good if everything else is covered
Very well said @Joel Owens.
I am shocked, and simultaneously not shocked, at the disregard for your reach out.
Just on the REI aspect, it seems odd to me, given the recent cycle of things isn't NNN a segment doing excellent in contrast to so many other real estate segments?
The 1 place we diverge is on ai.
I have a different understanding of things in regard to ai, and how it is different this time.
Previous tech disruptors; cell phones, the internet, the automobile, air flight, electricity.... All of these stretching back across time have the common thread of requiring human input, involvement, direction.
ai is different.
The ai we have today is a kind of dumb-ai. It only performs tasks per direction.
Now, a person can long-chain a series of direction for it with pre set if/and/or directives as I have in some systems I currently run. But still, it's only following out human made orders.
What you are hearing about in news and media of Aai, Agentic ai, that is the super-duper BIG DEAL stuff, total game and world changing level stuff, and were estimated to be a handful of months away from that.
Agentic ai is where the ai no longer runs on programing given, it does everything itself to achieve a goal given.
That's it in a nut-shell, you give it a goal to achieve and it just does everything else itself. The ai makes decisions, actions, adjustments, all those assorted things on how-to achieve the end goal.
The ai is at that point autonomous. It's in a lot of ways just like hiring a human except it doesn't sleep, doesn't call in sick, it's always on and requires a wage a fraction that of any human wage.
And the best and worst part is, ai ruthlessly carries out the mission of executing to achieve the end goal given in sociopathic efficiency. Because it has no emotions.
People are right to be freaking out at what it all means, because it does very literally change everything.
I was a Manufacturing Engineer and for some time it's been a thought of dabbling back in. Now, it is only possible as maybe a hobby, that's it. Almost everything I did, ai will replace it, and do it better.
Any actions one takes to identify posts as ai generated, has a very short shelf life. ai has recently surpassed human intelligence on some metrics. By end of 2026, it will have surpassed human intelligence on all metrics, by significant margins.
Keep in mind ai intelligence doubles on average every 5 months. And it's a compounding rate of growth for ai as well.
We humans have never experienced a disruptor like this, not ever.
The only thing I can think of to put it into context is imaging of the native Americans had invented the "white man" landing on Plymouth Rock, and all that brought. Then compress the following 300 years, into 3 years....
Today ai is a tool that assists people.
Tomorrow ai is a tool that augments most everyone.
Next week's, ai and robots are an entity that replaces 70% of people.
Next month's......
I don't think people are just right for freaking out over all this, I honestly think most are not freaking out enough. If they were, if all were fully informed, they'd be pressing like gorillas to throttle the heck out of this.
Good. Then we can just all retire
Depends....
Do you consider living on UBI or pushing daisy's retirement....
Well, I already own assets, so I am good if everything else is covered
Well.... here's to hoping it's more a Wall-E than a Matrix future world.
Very well said @Joel Owens.
I am shocked, and simultaneously not shocked, at the disregard for your reach out.
Just on the REI aspect, it seems odd to me, given the recent cycle of things isn't NNN a segment doing excellent in contrast to so many other real estate segments?
The 1 place we diverge is on ai.
I have a different understanding of things in regard to ai, and how it is different this time.
Previous tech disruptors; cell phones, the internet, the automobile, air flight, electricity.... All of these stretching back across time have the common thread of requiring human input, involvement, direction.
ai is different.
The ai we have today is a kind of dumb-ai. It only performs tasks per direction.
Now, a person can long-chain a series of direction for it with pre set if/and/or directives as I have in some systems I currently run. But still, it's only following out human made orders.
What you are hearing about in news and media of Aai, Agentic ai, that is the super-duper BIG DEAL stuff, total game and world changing level stuff, and were estimated to be a handful of months away from that.
Agentic ai is where the ai no longer runs on programing given, it does everything itself to achieve a goal given.
That's it in a nut-shell, you give it a goal to achieve and it just does everything else itself. The ai makes decisions, actions, adjustments, all those assorted things on how-to achieve the end goal.
The ai is at that point autonomous. It's in a lot of ways just like hiring a human except it doesn't sleep, doesn't call in sick, it's always on and requires a wage a fraction that of any human wage.
And the best and worst part is, ai ruthlessly carries out the mission of executing to achieve the end goal given in sociopathic efficiency. Because it has no emotions.
People are right to be freaking out at what it all means, because it does very literally change everything.
I was a Manufacturing Engineer and for some time it's been a thought of dabbling back in. Now, it is only possible as maybe a hobby, that's it. Almost everything I did, ai will replace it, and do it better.
Any actions one takes to identify posts as ai generated, has a very short shelf life. ai has recently surpassed human intelligence on some metrics. By end of 2026, it will have surpassed human intelligence on all metrics, by significant margins.
Keep in mind ai intelligence doubles on average every 5 months. And it's a compounding rate of growth for ai as well.
We humans have never experienced a disruptor like this, not ever.
The only thing I can think of to put it into context is imaging of the native Americans had invented the "white man" landing on Plymouth Rock, and all that brought. Then compress the following 300 years, into 3 years....
Today ai is a tool that assists people.
Tomorrow ai is a tool that augments most everyone.
Next week's, ai and robots are an entity that replaces 70% of people.
Next month's......
I don't think people are just right for freaking out over all this, I honestly think most are not freaking out enough. If they were, if all were fully informed, they'd be pressing like gorillas to throttle the heck out of this.
Good. Then we can just all retire
Depends....
Do you consider living on UBI or pushing daisy's retirement....
Well, I already own assets, so I am good if everything else is covered
Well.... here's to hoping it's more a Wall-E than a Matrix future world.
never watched them
@Jonathan Greene
I agree with the fact that the moderators do a great job and the poster should never know who pulled their post down (something like @BPAdmins will work).
Some of my posts, which were not even AI-generated, have been pulled down on three different occasions, so the Moderators are doing their best.
The management needs to reduce the Podcast volume. This is not 2020 and 2021; time has changed, and consumption has drastically reduced, especially with thousands of other podcasts out there.
It's practically impossible for any BP loyalists to listen to 3 podcast episodes weekly.
I understand there is a marketing/ads placement motive, but in my opinion, BiggerPockets is losing the founders value-first focus.
This is my personal opinion and I hope we see some meaningful changes soon before it's too late. @J Scott
@Scott Trench @Dave Meyer
@Jonathan Greene
I agree with the fact that the moderators do a great job and the poster should never know who pulled their post down (something like @BPAdmins will work).
Some of my posts, which were not even AI-generated, have been pulled down on three different occasions, so the Moderators are doing their best.
The management needs to reduce the Podcast volume. This is not 2020 and 2021; time has changed, and consumption has drastically reduced, especially with thousands of other podcasts out there.
It's practically impossible for any BP loyalists to listen to 3 podcast episodes weekly.
I understand there is a marketing/ads placement motive, but in my opinion, BiggerPockets is losing the founders value-first focus.
This is my personal opinion and I hope we see some meaningful changes soon before it's too late. @J Scott
@Scott Trench @Dave Meyer
Yea I think making the Moderator takedown messages anonymous is a good move. You don't see FB, IG or TikTok putting a face on their mods when they take down content.
@Jonathan Greene
I agree with the fact that the moderators do a great job and the poster should never know who pulled their post down (something like @BPAdmins will work).
Some of my posts, which were not even AI-generated, have been pulled down on three different occasions, so the Moderators are doing their best.
The management needs to reduce the Podcast volume. This is not 2020 and 2021; time has changed, and consumption has drastically reduced, especially with thousands of other podcasts out there.
It's practically impossible for any BP loyalists to listen to 3 podcast episodes weekly.
I understand there is a marketing/ads placement motive, but in my opinion, BiggerPockets is losing the founders value-first focus.
This is my personal opinion and I hope we see some meaningful changes soon before it's too late. @J Scott
@Scott Trench @Dave Meyer
Yea I think making the Moderator takedown messages anonymous is a good move. You don't see FB, IG or TikTok putting a face on their mods when they take down content.
Agreed.
@Jonathan Greene
I agree with the fact that the moderators do a great job and the poster should never know who pulled their post down (something like @BPAdmins will work).
Some of my posts, which were not even AI-generated, have been pulled down on three different occasions, so the Moderators are doing their best.
The management needs to reduce the Podcast volume. This is not 2020 and 2021; time has changed, and consumption has drastically reduced, especially with thousands of other podcasts out there.
It's practically impossible for any BP loyalists to listen to 3 podcast episodes weekly.
I understand there is a marketing/ads placement motive, but in my opinion, BiggerPockets is losing the founders value-first focus.
This is my personal opinion and I hope we see some meaningful changes soon before it's too late. @J Scott
@Scott Trench @Dave Meyer
Yea I think making the Moderator takedown messages anonymous is a good move. You don't see FB, IG or TikTok putting a face on their mods when they take down content.
the first time you have tried to be anonymous for anything
@Jonathan Greene
I agree with the fact that the moderators do a great job and the poster should never know who pulled their post down (something like @BPAdmins will work).
Some of my posts, which were not even AI-generated, have been pulled down on three different occasions, so the Moderators are doing their best.
The management needs to reduce the Podcast volume. This is not 2020 and 2021; time has changed, and consumption has drastically reduced, especially with thousands of other podcasts out there.
It's practically impossible for any BP loyalists to listen to 3 podcast episodes weekly.
I understand there is a marketing/ads placement motive, but in my opinion, BiggerPockets is losing the founders value-first focus.
This is my personal opinion and I hope we see some meaningful changes soon before it's too late. @J Scott
@Scott Trench @Dave Meyer
Yea I think making the Moderator takedown messages anonymous is a good move. You don't see FB, IG or TikTok putting a face on their mods when they take down content.
the first time you have tried to be anonymous for anything
Well I don't have any interest in being involved in the moderation of BP's forums, so I wouldn't be anonymous.
I think AI will not take over everything. It will be an adjustment for sure. Records, tapes, cd's all things of the past but they still exist and thrive. There is always space for nostalgia in the human element.
James Hamling you yourself said an engineer profession. I would counter you see AI very differently from a use mindset as the population at large.
Luckily what I do in NNN clients want to talk to me when investing millions to tens of millions of dollars. It took them years to decades or generations of families to earn that money and that do not want a program telling them what to do with it.
I can see small items automated with AI where people do not care like buying a 20 dollar stock or buying a 30 dollar t-shirt. The downside risk is very low there. When you get into high dollar service items people want to talk to a human being not a computer or a system. That is my world at least where everyone is a multi-millionaire many times over that is a potential client or an LP accredited investor. I can see AI doing great with summarizing e-mails and other basic tasks.
Magnus one of the best chess players in the world played against AI blindfolded and toyed with it. There is an element of wisdom and experience in the journey of human life that can't be replicated because ideas are created out of emotion, hopes, dreams where AI is input and output.
10 years from now some predicted items for AI will come true, some ways unthought of will be used also, and some that thought AI would be able to do certain things it will still not be capable of.
Personally I do not like all digital. I look to have my feet on the grass and be one with nature. I like to have stillness as I do my best thinking, Being connected to digital realm 24/7 is a terrifying thought and not a quality life in my opinion but might be a dream for others.
I don't have to use AI and have more business then I need. I just believe certain tasks should be that person their authentic self doing it whether AI can do it for them or not. I am more a fit for those investors that want a personal relationship rather than a cold business by text only transactional.
I think AI will not take over everything. It will be an adjustment for sure. Records, tapes, cd's all things of the past but they still exist and thrive. There is always space for nostalgia in the human element.
James Hamling you yourself said an engineer profession. I would counter you see AI very differently from a use mindset as the population at large.
Luckily what I do in NNN clients want to talk to me when investing millions to tens of millions of dollars. It took them years to decades or generations of families to earn that money and that do not want a program telling them what to do with it.
I can see small items automated with AI where people do not care like buying a 20 dollar stock or buying a 30 dollar t-shirt. The downside risk is very low there. When you get into high dollar service items people want to talk to a human being not a computer or a system. That is my world at least where everyone is a multi-millionaire many times over that is a potential client or an LP accredited investor. I can see AI doing great with summarizing e-mails and other basic tasks.
Magnus one of the best chess players in the world played against AI blindfolded and toyed with it. There is an element of wisdom and experience in the journey of human life that can't be replicated because ideas are created out of emotion, hopes, dreams where AI is input and output.
10 years from now some predicted items for AI will come true, some ways unthought of will be used also, and some that thought AI would be able to do certain things it will still not be capable of.
Personally I do not like all digital. I look to have my feet on the grass and be one with nature. I like to have stillness as I do my best thinking, Being connected to digital realm 24/7 is a terrifying thought and not a quality life in my opinion but might be a dream for others.
I don't have to use AI and have more business then I need. I just believe certain tasks should be that person their authentic self doing it whether AI can do it for them or not. I am more a fit for those investors that want a personal relationship rather than a cold business by text only transactional.
"James Hamling you yourself said an engineer profession. I would counter you see AI very differently from a use mindset as the population at large."
That's valid. I may have an experience and knowledge that creates a bias and with that, a kind of tunnel vision.
I fear and believe your wrong, but I hope with everything your right. The world would be a much better place if more people shared your ethos of things.


AI. Why does Octoberfest start in September?
My brother is killing me. He is at the Hofbrau House in Munich having a Stein of beer with a pig knuckle. Actually we were there last year. That was the only reason I wanted to go. My wife being of German heritage we went to Octoberfest. Plus later we went back for their Xmas Market.
He is working as Civil Service overseas. Him and his wife are having a great time because they have a lot of extra cash.
Back to real estate.
He finally got into a position to do self storage so he asked me to help. $310,000 down. Sold 13 months later making $850,000 Longterm capital gain plus he got his downpayment back.
AI. I don’t know how to use AI and don’t want to know. Could one of you AI how to make $850,000 in Self storage in 13 months? I have a BP post on this project. But would like to see if I have been AI’d out of existence. Thank you.
I’ve only watched 4 podcasts ever in the last year. I wasn’t thrilled except for one. Are the podcasts as interesting as the above? Let me know which ones to watch. Thanks.



AI. Why does Octoberfest start in September?
My brother is killing me. He is at the Hofbrau House in Munich having a Stein of beer with a pig knuckle. Actually we were there last year. That was the only reason I wanted to go. My wife being of German heritage we went to Octoberfest. Plus later we went back for their Xmas Market.
He is working as Civil Service overseas. Him and his wife are having a great time because they have a lot of extra cash.
Back to real estate.
He finally got into a position to do self storage so he asked me to help. $310,000 down. Sold 13 months later making $850,000 Longterm capital gain plus he got his downpayment back.
AI. I don’t know how to use AI and don’t want to know. Could one of you AI how to make $850,000 in Self storage in 13 months? I have a BP post on this project. But would like to see if I have been AI’d out of existence. Thank you.
I’ve only watched 4 podcasts ever in the last year. I wasn’t thrilled except for one. Are the podcasts as interesting as the above? Let me know which ones to watch. Thanks.

So jealous Henry....
Rugby world cup was announced for Australia and with it we cancelled Octoberfest '25' to put towards an epic world cub experience '26'....
Octoberfest starts in September because of..... the weather, lol. Sounds funny but it's true. It was moved up as better facilitated by September vs mid October weather.
As for your ai question, ai doesn't really work that way.
The answer will vary a lot depending on the ai a person is using, and if it's an ai model trained specifically for REI type questions.
Think of ai more like being a person. General ai is just a general person. Ask it such a question and it will probably say something like it's not trained to give a specific insightful anser to such a question, but it can get some cited references if wanted.
But take an ai, who's trained for specifically that purpose, and it will answer per how it's trained to work and the database it's utilizing.
The magic in ai is in how it's trained, and the database it's utilizing. Kind of like a human staff person right, there only as good as how they were trained and by the information they have access to.


AI. Why does Octoberfest start in September?
My brother is killing me. He is at the Hofbrau House in Munich having a Stein of beer with a pig knuckle. Actually we were there last year. That was the only reason I wanted to go. My wife being of German heritage we went to Octoberfest. Plus later we went back for their Xmas Market.
He is working as Civil Service overseas. Him and his wife are having a great time because they have a lot of extra cash.
Back to real estate.
He finally got into a position to do self storage so he asked me to help. $310,000 down. Sold 13 months later making $850,000 Longterm capital gain plus he got his downpayment back.
AI. I don’t know how to use AI and don’t want to know. Could one of you AI how to make $850,000 in Self storage in 13 months? I have a BP post on this project. But would like to see if I have been AI’d out of existence. Thank you.
I’ve only watched 4 podcasts ever in the last year. I wasn’t thrilled except for one. Are the podcasts as interesting as the above? Let me know which ones to watch. Thanks.

So jealous Henry....
Rugby world cup was announced for Australia and with it we cancelled Octoberfest '25' to put towards an epic world cub experience '26'....
Octoberfest starts in September because of..... the weather, lol. Sounds funny but it's true. It was moved up as better facilitated by September vs mid October weather.
As for your ai question, ai doesn't really work that way.
The answer will vary a lot depending on the ai a person is using, and if it's an ai model trained specifically for REI type questions.
Think of ai more like being a person. General ai is just a general person. Ask it such a question and it will probably say something like it's not trained to give a specific insightful anser to such a question, but it can get some cited references if wanted.
But take an ai, who's trained for specifically that purpose, and it will answer per how it's trained to work and the database it's utilizing.
The magic in ai is in how it's trained, and the database it's utilizing. Kind of like a human staff person right, there only as good as how they were trained and by the information they have access to.

Well back to REI. Purchased and installed 50 new cargo containers. $65 per month on around $3,400. Meets the 2% rule. No property taxes. No toilets. 100% write off this year. Local auction sold 4 at retail for $4,800 each. So downside risk isn't to bad. They should help pay for our trips next year.
BP. Please put an automatic AI response for every new post about Insurance or S&P 500 being better than REI.
AI. Could someone AI, went past my 4,000 post. Do I get a free BP hat? If there is no such hat, could you send me an FBI hat?
It’s your money, you’re right, even if you’re wrong.


AI. Why does Octoberfest start in September?
My brother is killing me. He is at the Hofbrau House in Munich having a Stein of beer with a pig knuckle. Actually we were there last year. That was the only reason I wanted to go. My wife being of German heritage we went to Octoberfest. Plus later we went back for their Xmas Market.
He is working as Civil Service overseas. Him and his wife are having a great time because they have a lot of extra cash.
Back to real estate.
He finally got into a position to do self storage so he asked me to help. $310,000 down. Sold 13 months later making $850,000 Longterm capital gain plus he got his downpayment back.
AI. I don’t know how to use AI and don’t want to know. Could one of you AI how to make $850,000 in Self storage in 13 months? I have a BP post on this project. But would like to see if I have been AI’d out of existence. Thank you.
I’ve only watched 4 podcasts ever in the last year. I wasn’t thrilled except for one. Are the podcasts as interesting as the above? Let me know which ones to watch. Thanks.

Octoberfest in German Village, Columbus, Ohio > Munich. Could you prove me wrong?


AI. Why does Octoberfest start in September?
My brother is killing me. He is at the Hofbrau House in Munich having a Stein of beer with a pig knuckle. Actually we were there last year. That was the only reason I wanted to go. My wife being of German heritage we went to Octoberfest. Plus later we went back for their Xmas Market.
He is working as Civil Service overseas. Him and his wife are having a great time because they have a lot of extra cash.
Back to real estate.
He finally got into a position to do self storage so he asked me to help. $310,000 down. Sold 13 months later making $850,000 Longterm capital gain plus he got his downpayment back.
AI. I don’t know how to use AI and don’t want to know. Could one of you AI how to make $850,000 in Self storage in 13 months? I have a BP post on this project. But would like to see if I have been AI’d out of existence. Thank you.
I’ve only watched 4 podcasts ever in the last year. I wasn’t thrilled except for one. Are the podcasts as interesting as the above? Let me know which ones to watch. Thanks.

So jealous Henry....
Rugby world cup was announced for Australia and with it we cancelled Octoberfest '25' to put towards an epic world cub experience '26'....
Octoberfest starts in September because of..... the weather, lol. Sounds funny but it's true. It was moved up as better facilitated by September vs mid October weather.
As for your ai question, ai doesn't really work that way.
The answer will vary a lot depending on the ai a person is using, and if it's an ai model trained specifically for REI type questions.
Think of ai more like being a person. General ai is just a general person. Ask it such a question and it will probably say something like it's not trained to give a specific insightful anser to such a question, but it can get some cited references if wanted.
But take an ai, who's trained for specifically that purpose, and it will answer per how it's trained to work and the database it's utilizing.
The magic in ai is in how it's trained, and the database it's utilizing. Kind of like a human staff person right, there only as good as how they were trained and by the information they have access to.

Well back to REI. Purchased and installed 50 new cargo containers. $65 per month on around $3,400. Meets the 2% rule. No property taxes. No toilets. 100% write off this year. Local auction sold 4 at retail for $4,800 each. So downside risk isn't to bad. They should help pay for our trips next year.
BP. Please put an automatic AI response for every new post about Insurance or S&P 500 being better than REI.
AI. Could someone AI, went past my 4,000 post. Do I get a free BP hat? If there is no such hat, could you send me an FBI hat?
It’s your money, you’re right, even if you’re wrong.
none of us are getting replaced by ai. It is going to replace trash Realtors and investors that cannot add more value to society than ai


AI. Why does Octoberfest start in September?
My brother is killing me. He is at the Hofbrau House in Munich having a Stein of beer with a pig knuckle. Actually we were there last year. That was the only reason I wanted to go. My wife being of German heritage we went to Octoberfest. Plus later we went back for their Xmas Market.
He is working as Civil Service overseas. Him and his wife are having a great time because they have a lot of extra cash.
Back to real estate.
He finally got into a position to do self storage so he asked me to help. $310,000 down. Sold 13 months later making $850,000 Longterm capital gain plus he got his downpayment back.
AI. I don’t know how to use AI and don’t want to know. Could one of you AI how to make $850,000 in Self storage in 13 months? I have a BP post on this project. But would like to see if I have been AI’d out of existence. Thank you.
I’ve only watched 4 podcasts ever in the last year. I wasn’t thrilled except for one. Are the podcasts as interesting as the above? Let me know which ones to watch. Thanks.

Octoberfest in German Village, Columbus, Ohio > Munich. Could you prove me wrong?
I could either ask Google AI which is bigger. Or I would need to go to Columbus to compare. 2nd sounds better.



AI. Why does Octoberfest start in September?
My brother is killing me. He is at the Hofbrau House in Munich having a Stein of beer with a pig knuckle. Actually we were there last year. That was the only reason I wanted to go. My wife being of German heritage we went to Octoberfest. Plus later we went back for their Xmas Market.
He is working as Civil Service overseas. Him and his wife are having a great time because they have a lot of extra cash.
Back to real estate.
He finally got into a position to do self storage so he asked me to help. $310,000 down. Sold 13 months later making $850,000 Longterm capital gain plus he got his downpayment back.
AI. I don’t know how to use AI and don’t want to know. Could one of you AI how to make $850,000 in Self storage in 13 months? I have a BP post on this project. But would like to see if I have been AI’d out of existence. Thank you.
I’ve only watched 4 podcasts ever in the last year. I wasn’t thrilled except for one. Are the podcasts as interesting as the above? Let me know which ones to watch. Thanks.

Octoberfest in German Village, Columbus, Ohio > Munich. Could you prove me wrong?
I could either ask Google AI which is bigger. Or I would need to go to Columbus to compare. 2nd sounds better.


Forgot. What is the Cash on Cash return above in 13 months?
Forgot. The project above was done 3 years ago. Even at 8% interest today I would do the deal above.
I’ve talked with BP people all over the US. There isn’t a market I wouldn’t build in today. Some are better than others. Point- the market is great today. There are way too many deals to do.
Start small and Make Your Big Mistakes Early.