Podcast Problems

12 Replies

For every show of the podcast I use the download link on the podcast page to download them directly to my phone.

I have done this for literally every podcast and succeeded for the first 91 shows.  

Except starting last week on show 92 with Brandon's No and Low Money down show. Instead of downloading it after I clicked the link, it just opens the show in a different window and starts streaming.

But I was able to download the show on my computer, and then transfer it to my phone.

This week same problem.  It started to stream when I wanted to download.  

I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 assuming that matters.  

Thanks for any help in advance.

Hey @John Van Uytven I've heard this from a few folks and honestly I have no idea what's going on! I dont think we changed anything on our end, so maybe it was something Android or Libsyn (our podcast host) did. I'll keep looking into it, but I'd love to hear if anyone else has any ideas? 

Also - I think you could "right click" on the download button and try to save it that way, but I'm not sure how to do that on a Note.  

Thoughts?

@Brandon Turner  

Still having the same problem.

I don't know why either.

Sorry I can't help more.

And no you can't right click a Note 3.  

PS really enjoyed the newest show.  I had to fight back some laughter in the coffee shop I was in.

Hey @John Van Uytven - maybe can you try going back to some earlier shows to see if they are downloading the correct way? I thought maybe Android changed something, and if that's the case, it will not work for you on the older episodes either that used to work just fine. That would help me troubleshoot. But if the old ones work just fine for you, now, then I know it's something on our end. 

Thanks!

@Brandon Turner  

I did try that, and it doesn't work now either.

They all start with streaming now.

I don't know what to say.

@John Van Uytven I have been using Stitcher on Android to listen to all of the BP podcasts. I set them up as a favorite. When a new one comes out, it's right on the first page. I can then add it to Listen Later.

With Listen Later, you can set it up to be able to listen offline. Eventually (don't know when or why it finally decides to do it) the episode will download for availability offline.

If you start listening to it, it will pull down the entire podcast so if you do go offline, you'll still be able to listen to it.

The best part about it is the pause, rewind, and resume functions built into Stitcher.

Hope this works for you.

Hey @John Van Uytven - I think, then, it's an update that Android did. The same way that a few years ago Chrome started streaming audio in a new browser, instead of just downloading. I think Android just did that for their phones now. There might be a way to manually push the download, btu I'm not sure. But @Ronald Perich  's suggestion was right on! 

I'm having the same problem took me about 4 or 5 times to get podcast 1 downloaded

Have this problem with the podcast not all shows do this but there are a few that do this i haven't a clue , I use an iPhone 5s 64g

Hey, I know this is an old thread, but this problem just popped up for me on my new Moto G5+. I have been away from BP for a few months and the site looks different. In order to download the audio, I went to Podbay and was able to get it from there

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.