Help Other Investors Out by Answering Unanswered Posts! Here's How

Help Other Investors Out by Answering Unanswered Posts! Here's How

Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 47 posts · 93 votes

One of the best things about BiggerPockets is our members' wealth of knowledge and willingness to share that knowledge with others. 

You may have noticed the "Unanswered Posts" tab on the Forums homepage. If not, here's where you can find it: 

While BiggerPockets definitely has some awesome discussions going on, we'd love to get some more going! If you have a free moment, why not check out the unanswered posts tab and answer whichever ones you can or add to the thread to get the conversation going (and help those members not feel like they're shouting into the Internet abyss)? 

Simply click on the "Unanswered Posts" tab, which you can find at www.biggerpockets.com/forums, select a discussion that catches your eye, and post a reply to it!

I'm sure those unanswered members will appreciate it -- and you never know when you'll next have a question you'd love to get answered!

11Reply
92 views

Most Popular Reply

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
11y

Hey guys - We're going to be implementing an improvement to our unanswered post tab by eliminating ads.  I know that when I'm looking to jump in and get involved in questions that need answers by going to unanswered, I don't want to see ads in there.  

We should have this updated in the coming days . . .

See this reply in the discussion

20 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Rochester, NY · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Hey @Allison Leung I'm answering your unanswered post!  Hope this helps!  :)

    Seriously, though I find I am often more part of a conversation as a first-responder than when I am 83rd. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Davenport, IA · Member since 2013 · 71 posts · 17 votes
    11y

    This is good to know!  Thanks for posting it for those who are always on the hunt to find answers and provide answers.

  • Real Estate Agent · Falls Church · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Allison Leung I have never noticed this before. Thanks for pointing it out

  • Investor · Hampton Roads, VA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 418 votes
    11y

    @Allison Leung 

    Good thing to point out 

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11y

    We assume everyone knows how to use the site fully, but from the responses of active members, it is clear that there's just a ton of stuff here to learn.  I'm glad you guys found the tip to be helpful.

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 47 posts · 93 votes
    11y

    @Larry Turowski Haha, well played and good point re: being a first responder.

    Thanks, everyone, for the feedback, and as always, let me know if you have any questions regarding this feature or the site in general.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11y

    Hey guys - We're going to be implementing an improvement to our unanswered post tab by eliminating ads.  I know that when I'm looking to jump in and get involved in questions that need answers by going to unanswered, I don't want to see ads in there.  

    We should have this updated in the coming days . . .

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Joshua D.:

    Hey guys - We're going to be implementing an improvement to our unanswered post tab by eliminating ads.  I know that when I'm looking to jump in and get involved in questions that need answers by going to unanswered, I don't want to see ads in there.  

    We should have this updated in the coming days . . .

     Thank God! I have been answering unanswered questions for years and even more so when I became a moderator (part of our duties) and the removal of the marketplace ads from there will be very helpful. Great upgrade Josh.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · North Augusta, SC · Member since 2014 · 31 posts · 52 votes
    11y

    @Allison Leung  I will go in here and answer some questions as well. I feel like a celebrity with my picture in the screen cap. LOL

  • Brandon SturgillBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Allison Leung  @Joshua D. Thanks! This gives me a reason to go back and answer my own posts from a year ago when I was a total newbie! :)

    Realize Multifamily Group11 Review
    View Page
  • Specialist · Powell, OH · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 23 votes
    11y

    @Allison Leung 

    Why is it that many of the unanswered posts already have answers? Ive seen a few recently and even my own from a couple days ago here

  • Jimmy MoncriefPro Member
    Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2010 · 319 posts · 100 votes
    11y

    @Allison Leung THANKS!  I didn't know this feature existed! 

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 47 posts · 93 votes
    11y

    Hi @Brian Hayes -- Very strange, I just took a look and didn't see any with answers...

    If you come across that again and could send me a screenshot, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

  • Investor · Longview, TX · Member since 2012 · 631 posts · 186 votes
    11y

    @Allison Leung  Hi Allison, I saw your original forum post and went in and answered a couple of questions that I felt capable of giving sound advice.  I felt  like seeing all the marketplace ads was inappropriate to be in that class and glad they are being removed.  Keep up the Great Work!

  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2014 · 577 posts · 203 votes
    11y

    Yes, I can attest to the fact that there are many unanswered posts.  I've submitted about 10 in the last 2 months that no one has answered.  I guess I've stumped them.

  • Real estate investor · Las Vegas · Member since 2013 · 798 posts · 171 votes
    11y

    Strategies to getting posts answered include tagging people that are familiar w/ the subject, time of the post, and detail of the post.

  • Investor · Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2008 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y
    I agree Pete T. Like for instance we go to rehabbing J Scott, marketing Michael Quarless, Jerry Pucket, and Dev Horn, etc
  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Brian Gibbons:

    I agree

    Pete T.

    Like for instance we go to rehabbing J Scott, marketing Michael Quarless, Jerry Pucket, and Dev Horn, etc

     Next time I have a rehabbing question, I will be sure to @mention J. :)-

  • Investor · Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2008 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    And any time I talk about a California ten over 2 mill I'll be sure to mention - call up @Will Barnard !

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Phoenix Arizona · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 686 votes
    5y

    Can you imagine how frustrating it is to put your first post in or your second post in and nobody replies.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.