The BP Private Message System is Now Mobile Friendly!

39 Replies

Hey everyone - just letting you know that the PM system here on BiggerPockets (where you send private messages to colleagues) is now completely Mobile Friendly!

Yes, this means it's easier to connect with people and carry on conversations while on your phone (cause... you need to get off Facebook on your Phone and stop looking at Cat Videos. Hang out with us instead!) 

Here's how it looks : 

Brendon --- This is GREAT! ....  Thank you for the update...

Great feature!

Now if only I could PM AND Connect from a post, like in the non-mobile implementation ...

Awesome, awesome, awesome feature!

Getting better everyday!  Thanks BP!  

Awesome! Now I'll be glued to my phone instead of my computer ;)

Do I have to be a premium member of BP for that features ?

I just tried to read a new message from my phone. The font used is so large that only the left side of the message can be seen. Hard to read what you can't see :(

Great feature!

Working great, glad to have that feature now.  I have always had to go back to the computer to get it done, thanks!

@William Allen  @Jeremy Billauer  @David Huber  @Darren Sager  @Kerry Smith  @Andrew Syrios  @Bill T.  - you all have said how nice this is, and I agree that the layout is nicer. But when I am using the mobile version through a web browser, I can't read the right half of messages due to the font size (and pinching does nothing). Are any of you seeing that if you use a web browser to view the messages themselves?  Or am I the only one :(

@Steve Babiak  I'm on mobile now and not having that issue sorry to say.  iPhone 6plus. 

@Darren Sager  are you using the BP app, or are you going through Safari?  I am using Safari, on iPhone 5 with iOS 6. 

@Steve Babiak  I'm not using the app.  Safari with latest iOS.  It may be the bigger screen with the 6plus. 

Here are two screenshots. One shows that the message text cannot be read. The other is what I get when I use the browser back button (after reading that message), and the former nice layout looks different from what I'd hope to see. 

Hey @Steve Babiak  - just a guess but maybe it's your iOS version? I also have an iPhone 5 and it looks fine when viewing in Safari. However, I have the newest iOS (8).

@Steve Babiak -  I'm on it now, using the browser on my Windows phone and not noticing any issues with the fonts nor any text truncating....

@Steve Babiak  , I am also using safari on my iPhone and am having no issues.  I'm using an iPhone 5 with iOS 8.1.2

Puffing browser for iPhone 6 plus is a little better but the 6 plus is annoying sometime no matter the browser,as you often have to flip landscape portrait till you figure out where the curser is to get anything done!   puffing also,does flash so big bonus there!

On a long post from the 6+ is is kinda annoying I can't blame the app so much as I do not write apps so not sure if it is browser app or phone because of high res...

@Steve Babiak  - Try clearing the cache on your phone.  I'm guessing that's the cause of your issue.

This is great news @Joshua Dorkin & Brandon Turner. You guys rock. Keep up the great work!!!!

Originally posted by @Joshua Dorkin :

@Steve Babiak - Try clearing the cache on your phone.  I'm guessing that's the cause of your issue.

Just did that, and still the same. 

BTW, when I went to the BP home page to login, I didn't see any link there to login. Going to the forums did pop up a login box. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.