Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
You asked... we delivered!
There are now "Sub-Forums" for all 50 states, plus "sub-sub forums" for the largest cities in those states. In other words, if you are investing in the Tacoma, Washington market, you'll be able to have conversations within the Tacoma Washington subforum. This should dramatically help you to take the "online world" to the "real world" and help you find greater success!
You can also "subscribe" to any of these subforums (I recommend you subscribe to all your local ones) so you'll get notified about new threads started within those subforums!
Check out this quick video where I explain the process in under three minutes:
Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 677 posts · 309 votes
11y
Marie Maxwell,
The first time I purchased property out of my area which is California I bought around the east coast. Talk about taxation without representation ! I thought somehow I was in the twilight zone not in America. Wow ! the policies local governments enforce there are something else for property owners.
@Roy N. - Take it easy on the kid ;) You know you can just post in your own province forum now.
Josh:
There were no Provincial forums when I made my earlier post. I see them now.
I was going to suggest fewer subforums for Canada:
- Atlantic Canada
- Québec
- Ontario
- Prairies & the North
- British Columbia
This is often how the country is carved-up into regions.
I doubt we have Canadian BP participants in the Maritimes (Atlantic Provinces when you include Newfoundland) to sustain three/four separate provincial forums.
The provinces have been there a few days. For the time being, we're going to keep Canada chopped up as we have it.
Understood, but it is going to be pretty barren and windy in some of those sub-forums. The three northern territories (Yukon, NWT, Nunavut), while they comprise almost 40% of Canada's geography, have a combined population of <115,000.
The Atlantic provinces (NB, NS, PEI, NFLD) have a population <2.5 million (fewer people than the City of Toronto).