Scott Trench AND Josh Dorkin quoted in CNBC househack article!

Scott Trench AND Josh Dorkin quoted in CNBC househack article!

Mindy JensenPro Member
BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes

Check out this article CNBC posted today quoting our Director of Operations, Scott Trench and CEO Josh Dorkin about House Hacking. 

Read it here: http://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/20/gateway-to-real-estate-house-hacking.html

16Reply
29 views

Most Popular Reply

Roy N.Pro Member
Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
10y

I suppose we'll never get that horrible mis-appropriation of a label to go away now?!?

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    10y

    That is awesome! Congrats Josh and Scott (and the whole BP team of course)!

  • Certified Public Accountant · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2008 · 279 posts · 151 votes
    10y

    Way to go @Scott Trench and @Joshua D..  I was scanning CNBC at lunch and just saw your article.  Great press!

  • Curtis BidwellPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Olympia, WA · Member since 2014 · 777 posts · 744 votes
    10y

    I saw the words "house hacking" in the title and thought, "BP must be mentioned here somewhere!"  Sure enough!  Congrats!

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y

    YAY!! I know we are building 2 units, beach close in San Clemente, CA and you can bet I'm advertising them as " Live in one rent the other!" Though of course our prices are a little higher than most areas, but ... there's also an option to use part of the year as Vacation Rental properties. I think "House Hacking" is a great idea for many situations, and love these guys are out promoting creative ideas to new investors, and generating new members for BP.  

  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y

    I suppose we'll never get that horrible mis-appropriation of a label to go away now?!?

  • Scott TrenchPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    10y

    Apparently, I have unleashed my "inner Trump."

    Let's just say I wasn't consulted on the title :)

    Just kidding - thanks to CNBC for the feature!

  • Julie MarquezPro Member
    Investor · Skagit County, WA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 807 votes
    10y

    Great job to the BP crew and congrats on being featured! Househacking has been with me since birth, as my parents bought a primary dwelling with a mother-in-law in the basement. I didn't know there was such a househaking term until I met Bigger Pockets.

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    10y

    very nice!

  • Investor · Columbus, MT · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    That's cuz you guys are brilliant! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2015 · 231 posts · 66 votes
    10y
    Congrats!! Keep making BP awesome!!
  • Real Estate Agent · Dayton, OH · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    10y
    Fantastic!!
  • Investor/Syndicator · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2014 · 470 posts · 599 votes
    10y

    Awesome job to the whole team!

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 128 posts · 87 votes
    10y

    Congratulations!  That is wonderful public relations!

  • Investor · Antioch, CA · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    You guys are awesome, nice to be a part of good stuff.

  • Rental Property Investor · Charleston, WV · Member since 2013 · 262 posts · 109 votes
    10y

    @Joshua D. @Scott Trench

    Congrats guys, you are making news and helping America. I appreciate all the help BP and the community gives out freely to improve people's lives.

  • Investor · King of Prussia, PA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 339 votes
    10y

    @Mindy Jensen Awesome plug for BP!

  • Investor · Palmyra, NY · Member since 2015 · 98 posts · 29 votes
    10y
    Good job BP!
  • Murrieta , CA · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 7 votes
    10y
    Great article!! Way to go BP! @Scott Trench @Joshua D.
  • Bridgeport, CT · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    @Joshua D. and @Scott Trench 

    I really enjoyed seeing you guys quoted in the CNBC article. I'm definitely interested in House Hacking. Thanks for the input. 

  • Washington, DC · Member since 2016 · 94 posts · 43 votes
    10y

    Congrats, on the CNBC, piece! Thank you, for Bigger Pockets.

  • Wayne, PA · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    10y
    Nice BP has arrived! Love CNBC & BP!
  • Railroad Conductor / Future investor · New Baltimore, MI · Member since 2015 · 130 posts · 40 votes
    10y

    Great job to the BP staff. You guys are really making a impact.

  • Wholesaler/Real Estate Agent · Providence, RI · Member since 2014 · 75 posts · 19 votes
    10y

    Haha that's awesome. Great way to promote BP!!

  • Investor · Mountain View, CA · Member since 2014 · 120 posts · 51 votes
    10y

    Cool coverage! I happen to love CBNC.  Curious, has anyone house hacked with no money down and having the mortgage in your name only? I might be in this kind of situation but absolutely inexperienced and could use some guidance!

  • Investor · Bowie, MD · Member since 2015 · 53 posts · 16 votes
    10y

    Great Stuff

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.