Quick Survey: How Did You Discover BiggerPockets?

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2013 · 185 posts · 97 votes
8y

I was a wannabe REI a few years ago and started googling. When I found a post by BP I was really impressed with the amount and type of information provided, so I poked around...

Since then, and 99% thanks to BiggerPockets for the amazing info and resources, I have become an "actual" REI - I close on my 23rd unit in a few weeks.

I still consider myself quite a newbie in most regards, but hope to build on this foundation and start to scale over this year and next.

See this reply in the discussion

279 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Davenport, FL · Member since 2016 · 593 posts · 382 votes
    8y

    @Mindy Jensen

    I did a google search for information on investing in rental properties. BiggerPockects was in the top three in the list. 

  • Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    father

  • Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 8 votes
    8y
    I did a google search for a landlord question
  • Specialist · Essex County MA · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    I found through another Podcast through Young House Love, glad I did!

  • Bergenfield, NJ · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    I was looking for a good RE podcast and the BP podcast was in the top results. I'm hooked!

  • Melrose Park, IL · Member since 2017 · 49 posts · 15 votes
    8y
    Mindy Jensen I was listening the the RPOA podcast and they kept mentioning bigger pockets. After listening to one of the podcasts bought the books. And the book recommended.
  • Rental Property Investor · Marietta, GA · Member since 2017 · 131 posts · 101 votes
    8y
    I had a recommendation from a current user.
  • Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Daniel Ramirez - thank you, Daniel!!

  • Investor · Missoula, MT · Member since 2015 · 242 posts · 177 votes
    8y

    I was referred by a friend. We had been looking into real estate investing together and started out listening to all of the podcasts. 

  • Glenelg, MD · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y
    I was searching real estate podcasts on iTunes and stumble onto BiggerPockets. I subscribed after listening to my first BP podcast.
  • Rental Property Investor · Redmond, WA · Member since 2017 · 47 posts · 37 votes
    8y

    YouTube.

    The first video I watched was Brandon's on how to analyze numbers on rental property. Been hooked on all podcasts and so much other content since then.

  • Latham, NY · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 5 votes
    8y
    I happened to find this through a guy named Marcus Maloni the equity king on YouTube.
  • Specialist · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2017 · 31 posts · 12 votes
    8y

    Google Search during some creative investing searches...bigger pockets was in nearly every search at some level...

  • Rental Property Investor · Oak Park, CA · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 12 votes
    8y

    YouTube.

  • Marco Island, FL · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Trying to use my drive time wisely by learning, sick of political talk radio, found the podcast.  I'm hooked.

  • Kirkland, WA · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    My girlfriend told me about it.

  • New to Real Estate · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    From listening to the Mad Fientist podcasts! I downloaded the Bigger Pockets/Josh Dorkin episode before a flight from CA to FL. I listened to the podcast for the first hour of the flight and spend the next 4 hours daydreaming/wondering what the site looked like and what type of information I might find. As soon as we touched down in FL I had to go check it out. I've been hooked on the podcast ever since, and have been absolutely loving your new Bigger Pockets Money podcasts since they launched! 

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 363 posts · 143 votes
    8y

    I was told about BP but a friend,  I signed immediately

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    I did an Amazon search for investing books and Bigger Pockets was the top result.  I bought the book and, after I started reading it) I realized their was a website too.

  • Mount Pleasant, SC · Member since 2018 · 26 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    YouTube videos led me here.

  • BLUFF CITY, TN · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    8y
    I found it through YouTube!
  • Yorktown Heights, NY · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 3 votes
    8y
    I had been thinking about investing in real estate, and one day I heard an ad on the radio about a real estate investing seminar (Fortune Builders) coming to my area so I decided to sign up, even though I'm skeptical about any type of free seminar, I went in knowing they would try to sell me something but had already made up my mind that I would get as much information as possible without signing up. I actually heard a lot of interesting strategies at the seminar that made me start looking for reviews on their program online which eventually led me to BP. Since then I have signed up for BP Pro, listen to the podcasts on my way to work, subscribed to the YouTube channel, participated on webinars whenever I can, and have read 2 of the BP books and purchased 3 more.
  • Rental Property Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2017 · 493 posts · 386 votes
    8y
    I was looking for a CPA that specializes in real estate did a google search and found this site
  • Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2016 · 73 posts · 21 votes
    8y

    I saw the Podcast listed on iTunes and listened to an episode.  After that I was hooked.

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    From a real estate investors class I am currently taking.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.