Potential Billion Dollar Deal

Potential Billion Dollar Deal

Real Estate Agent · Encino, CA · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 4 votes

Imagine a way to minimize your tenant's rent without losing money. This option for renting could be game changing, and its possible! What do you think?

0Reply
141 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
8y
I hope you have more of a clue what you’re talking about than we do.
See this reply in the discussion

73 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    @Brandon Turner great link! Reminds me of Scott Adams quote "My philosophy is that losers have goals and winners have systems." 

    not saying @William Davis is a loser, but often times the how is just as important as the what. 

    If you asked Bernnie Madoff what he'd give you, he'd say double digit recession-proof returns. When you ask how, well that's where things get problematic...

  • Tacoma, WA · Member since 2018 · 230 posts · 257 votes
    8y

    Without a few details you haven't really presented an idea. More like a thought.

  • Real Estate Agent · Encino, CA · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    I appreciate everyone's comments and responses. They are all very helpful. In all honesty I only expected 1-2 people to even comment, and now I have an understanding of what everyone wants if they are to invest or even just to try to understand.   

  • Real Estate Appraiser · Mount Pleasant, SC · Member since 2017 · 56 posts · 51 votes
    8y
    Sorry if I spoil your secret William, “Minimizing your tenants rent without lowering your income” is better known as “Section 8”
  • Richmond, VA · Member since 2018 · 18 posts · 22 votes
    8y

    "...and now I have an understanding of what everyone wants if they are to invest or even just to try to understand."
     

    @William Davis pray tell how ANYTHING written here has been helpful at all haha

  • Richmond, VA · Member since 2018 · 18 posts · 22 votes
    8y

    @William Davis In all seriousness, if you do actually have an awesome product/service/business idea, then your level of stoke about it is AWESOME. Don't let anyone dissuade you from going after it. But, do take a step back and approach talking about it a bit differently. I totally understand being excited about something and just wanting to talk about it, but the way you're doing it here isn't very helpful for anyone.

    If you truly do wanna get some feedback on your idea try talking about it in a story.

    "Imagine you have a unit with 4 tenants, who are together paying $1,800/mo in rent. Would you be interested in a way to reduce ______ cost to the effect of lowering the minimum amount of rent you can charge, that won't change how much money gets to your bank account each month?"

    I understand not wanting to leak any of your ideas. But right now you aren't adding enough context for anyone to be able to appreciate—or take seriously—the idea you have.

  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    8y

    Thanks for completely wasting 5 minutes of perfectly good nap time, William.

    If I see your name, it won't happen again. Dbda.

  • Rental Property Investor · Brooke Park Drive · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @William Davis:

    @Grant Rothenburger the question was what do you think about the idea. "Imagine a way to minimize your tenant's rent without losing money." What do you think? I say I was going to tell any details about what it is or how it worked. 

     Did you just invent section 8?

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Steve Vaughan:

    Thanks for completely wasting 5 minutes of perfectly good nap time, William.

    If I see your name, it won't happen again. Dbda.

    just charge rent weekly...   say your rent is 800 a month..  set up your rentals on a weekly schedule.

    52 weeks in a year your picking up an extra month.. now lower your tenants rent by 10 bucks or 190 a week.

    and your tenant is thinking hey is am saving money when in fact your making money.

    rentals in AU are collected weekly and advertised weekly.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 385 posts · 702 votes
    8y

    This whole thread was like a car accident....I just couldn't stop looking

  • Specialist · Fayetteville, AR · Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 20 votes
    8y

    This was entertaining.  Now back to reading about how I can get the government to pay off my mortgage if I owe $650K or less!

  • Investor · Jamestown, ND · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 32 votes
    8y

    I am assuming the OP is hoping people contact him through the messages so that he can hit them up for moneyoffer to let them invest in his billion dollar idea.

  • Walnut Creek, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Jason D.:
    I think it's a TRILLION dollar idea. You should hold a seminar and charge people to learn about your system.

     No.... charge people to become trainers to teach your system, then take a cut of their profits.

  • Rental Property Investor · Gulf Breeze, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 733 votes
    8y

    imagine a world where Jupiter is your car and Pluto is a rainbow! 

  • Realtor · Denver, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y
  • Carrollton, TX · Member since 2015 · 415 posts · 371 votes
    8y

    Why am I still reading this thread?

  • Akron, OH · Member since 2015 · 178 posts · 189 votes
    8y

    I have given out quite a few likes in this thread--just NOT to the OP.

  • Rental Property Investor · Salem, NH · Member since 2016 · 460 posts · 276 votes
    8y

    @William Davis If it's possible then do it. Once you do it, come back and then we can all have a real discussion.

  • WorldWide · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Matt M.:

    Man, this sounds better than that HELOC thing to pay off my mortgage. Need MOAR deets!

  • Investor · Morrisville, NC · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 673 votes
    8y

    Oh!!! I think I have figured our exactly what he is talking about. Very clever idea ... indeed.

  • Highland, NY · Member since 2013 · 169 posts · 130 votes
    8y

    Can I charge my tenants the same and make more money?  Not sure why I'd want to charge below market rates.

  • Real Estate Agent · Encino, CA · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    So you all think its a stupid idea and would never invest? 

  • WorldWide · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @William Davis:

    So you all think its a stupid idea and would never invest? 

     William, nobody is calling your idea stupid, since we don't even know what the idea is. Just having a bit of fun on the inter-webz. 

  • Investor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2015 · 366 posts · 184 votes
    8y
    I’m in! Where do I sign?
  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    @William Davis I'll give you $10,000 right now to start! Where do I sign!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.