Potential Billion Dollar Deal

Potential Billion Dollar Deal

Real Estate Agent · Encino, CA · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 4 votes

Imagine a way to minimize your tenant's rent without losing money. This option for renting could be game changing, and its possible! What do you think?

0Reply
134 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
8y
I hope you have more of a clue what you’re talking about than we do.
See this reply in the discussion

73 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2016 · 970 posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    This thread is so gold LOL

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2012 · 506 posts · 331 votes
    8y

    #thismustgoviral

  • Investor · Willow Spring, NC · Member since 2009 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @William Davis:

    So you all think its a stupid idea and would never invest? 

    No. It's a great concept... the issue is can you execute? 

    There is this guy, Elan Musk, who to most people had this preposterous idea a decade+ ago of reclaiming and reusing rocket boosters. People literally thought he was insane. The first time I heard of him and his 'concept'... I thought ESTES rockets. As a kid in the 60s and early 70s, I launched rockets and the boosters had parachutes for recovery. I also had degrees in Mathematics, Computer Science and Physics (minor) and thought that if he could execute, he would own the industry. 

    So do what Elon did. Take your Billion $ idea and Execute. Then, like Elon, you will have a multi-Billion $ winner! 

  • Highland, NY · Member since 2013 · 169 posts · 130 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Chris Martin:
    Originally posted by @William Davis:

    So you all think its a stupid idea and would never invest? 

    No. It's a great concept... the issue is can you execute? 

    There is this guy, Elan Musk, who to most people had this preposterous idea a decade+ ago of reclaiming and reusing rocket boosters. People literally thought he was insane. The first time I heard of him and his 'concept'... I thought ESTES rockets. As a kid in the 60s and early 70s, I launched rockets and the boosters had parachutes for recovery. I also had degrees in Mathematics, Computer Science and Physics (minor) and thought that if he could execute, he would own the industry. 

    So do what Elon did. Take your Billion $ idea and Execute. Then, like Elon, you will have a multi-Billion $ winner! 

     But, he hasn't posted his concept.  I think that's the crux of the issue here.

  • Investor · Willow Spring, NC · Member since 2009 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Frank Gucciardo:
    Originally posted by @Chris Martin:
    Originally posted by @William Davis:

    So you all think its a stupid idea and would never invest? 

    No. It's a great concept... the issue is can you execute? 

    There is this guy, Elan Musk, who to most people had this preposterous idea a decade+ ago of reclaiming and reusing rocket boosters. People literally thought he was insane. The first time I heard of him and his 'concept'... I thought ESTES rockets. As a kid in the 60s and early 70s, I launched rockets and the boosters had parachutes for recovery. I also had degrees in Mathematics, Computer Science and Physics (minor) and thought that if he could execute, he would own the industry. 

    So do what Elon did. Take your Billion $ idea and Execute. Then, like Elon, you will have a multi-Billion $ winner! 

     But, he hasn't posted his concept.  I think that's the crux of the issue here.

    : Concept:    something in the mind ; an abstract idea; a general notion. 

    He's posted the concept, but nothing else.  I see why his prior post was removed.

  • Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    @William Davis I'm in with @Jordan Moorhead for $10k. 

    I'll sign a NDA/NCC, you messager over the business plan, and if the concept works I'll wire the money.

  • Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    8y
    I thought getting 3 likes was impressive but clearly I was wrong judging from this thread lol
  • Real Estate Agent · Encino, CA · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Its actually amazing how this is on the trending page.

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2012 · 822 posts · 303 votes
    8y

    I feel like ive just read a bunch of verbal farts and ive throughly enjoyed it. Thank you William. Lets collect some discount rent! 

  • Akron, OH · Member since 2015 · 178 posts · 189 votes
    8y

    #OrangeistheNewBlack

    #DiscountRentistheNewRent

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2010 · 366 posts · 314 votes
    8y

    I did miss the usual 4/1 joke round-up.

  • Bremerton, WA · Member since 2018 · 24 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    You could reward good tenants to long term 9-2 year leases and decrease their overall monthly rent by signing longer contracts. The overall ROI increases because they will end up prevent you from evictions, missing rent for a month or two, etc.

    You could also add in cleaning and other services that are separate from rent but makes life easier or the tenants and depending on your type of tenants most would be willing to pay for similar types of services.

  • Tom GimerBusiness Member
    DMV · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    The first step with any brilliant idea, before protecting it, is to share it on the internet.

    Gimer Law516 Reviews
  • Ian WalshBusiness Member
    Lender · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Wayne Brooks:

    I hope you have more of a clue what you’re talking about than we do.

    Took the words out of my mouth.

  • JD MartinBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Rock Star Extraordinaire · Northeast, TN · Member since 2015 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    8y

    This reminds me of "It depends on what the definition of 'is' is". Quite a circular conversation. But, hey, I'll add to it just so it can stay on the trending page for entertainment purposes ;)

    Skyline Properties
    View Page
  • Investor · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2016 · 676 posts · 543 votes
    8y

    Hey I have a 5 billion dollar idea.  What if I had a plan to double all your rents and still have the same occupancy while at the same time saving 10% on costs?  Is that something you would be interested in?  #askingforafriend

  • Accountant · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 144 posts · 54 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Matt M.:

    LOL. This guy just became a BP meme.

  • Investor · Bethlehem, PA · Member since 2016 · 229 posts · 122 votes
    8y

    @William Davis I only get out of bed in the morning for trillion dollar deals...

  • Spring, TX · Member since 2016 · 243 posts · 203 votes
    8y

    Are you the guy selling acreage on the moon?

  • Tom GimerBusiness Member
    DMV · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Kevin Coggins:

    Are you the guy selling acreage on the moon?

    No but would you like a star named after you?

    Gimer Law516 Reviews
  • Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    Just to update everyone, since I know you have waited with bated breath for news, I have not received a NDA/NCC or even a PM.  To think of the hours I wasted refreshing by inbox were for naught...

    I can't speak for @Jordan Moorhead, but this is the worst thing to happen to me or my family since the Patriots lost in the Super Bowl.

    Getting over this disappointment will take time, but I will persevere.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.