Investor in Florida Looking to Connect!

51 Replies

HI! :) Lately, I've been connecting to people not even in my state! LOL. 

Well I'm still a new Investor in FL, looking to connect with other investors about potential deals and learn more about the market, specifically in the Miami-Dade and Broward county.

I'm living in Miami Gardens right now. I'm researching more about the area in terms of value and investing. 

I know Wynwood has progressed so much and Brickell! Maybe those are great places to look into.

I used to work in Coral Gables and I loved the area as well. 

What do you think about these places? Whats the characteristics you noticed from them?

Where in South Florida do you invest?

Originally posted by @Sarah Torres :

HI! :) Lately, I've been connecting to people not even in my state! LOL. 

Well I'm still a new Investor in FL, looking to connect with other investors about potential deals and learn more about the market, specifically in the Miami-Dade and Broward county.

I'm living in Miami Gardens right now. I'm researching more about the area in terms of value and investing. 

I know Wynwood has progressed so much and Brickell! Maybe those are great places to look into.

I used to work in Coral Gables and I loved the area as well. 

What do you think about these places? Whats the characteristics you noticed from them?

Where in South Florida do you invest?

Hi Sarah, South Florida is a great market and it sounds like you are doing your research. Miami-Dade and Broward both have strong macroeconomics in my opinion making it a great location for investors. What types of investing are you looking to get involved with. 

Hi Sarah,

I moved to South Florida last August and loving it so far.

I’m finishing a property in Apopka and purchased one in West Palm Beach, so just getting my feet wet down here.

I’m starting to look into Broward as well but for my primary residence.

Keep us posted on how you’re doing.

@Darren Lenick  West Palm Beach! Nice! I've been there a few times. It's an hour away from where I live. 

Were you rehabbing the Apopka property?  How much time did it take you? Do you have before and after pictures? 

I'd love to hear about your experience!

Going door knocking this week for some motivated sellers. They're pre-foreclosures with equity. I'll keep you all posted!

I bought that house in 2016 and have been sitting on it. Had a few delays: moving my family from Toronto to here, Irma caused roof damage and then had 2 discs replaced in my neck recently.

Nice appreciation on it though and will still make out nicely. No after pics yet as we’re still a few weeks from completion.

@Sarah Torres there are alot of us (and I mean alot) investing in South Florida.  I'm in Palm Beach County and we do a meetup each month in delray beach at a local coffee house for two years now.  Many of the investors that join us are working in the broward area and there are always people looking to buy, so if you find a wholesale deal there are buyers out there for sure!

I have actually begun looking out of state myself and am in the process of selling one of my FL properties.

Also, if you need a property calculator to see if a property cash flows as a rental feel free to DM me.  I give it out to whoever needs it.

@Mitchell Jaworski HI Mitchell! 

Palm beach county is such a beautiful area! How many of you guys go to the coffee house meet up? What types of things do you speak about? (If I may know) LOL.  I'm wondering because I would like to start a meet up.

I joined BREIA, but I haven't found many interactive. I'm going to look more into the REIA meetings.

Out of state where? Do you mostly do rental properties?

I've had the idea of looking into properties out of state because I travel a lot for work. Like right now I'm in Kansas City, MO. I'm heading back home  (Miami) today. But I'm going to Arkansas then California next. 

I've noticed areas near the coast are more expensive. (West and East Coast). I would love to look into Arizona or Utah.

(WOW this post is all over the place) LOL.

I know the BREIA @Sarah Torres , it can be a bit salesy. I am part of Tropical REIA, it's much more laid back and built for networking and learning, its up in Boynton though. As for the coffee meetup, we had twenty plus people last month. It's all over the board, but we usually have atleast a dozen, it has been my fav. meetup for networking and we have had people do deals together.

Ironically,  MO is one of the places I am looking.  Along with SC.  And yes, I do rental properties exclusively.  I've done rehabs on my rentals but not looking to flip.  It's all about building passive income for me.   

Hey Everyone!  I'm a new Investor as well, just like Sarah, I'm starting with wholesaling. I'd like to connect with you all as well. I'm located in Brevard County.  Do any of you know  have any connections in this area? 

I'd like to connect with realtors and other investors. Thanks in advance. 

Greetings, Sarah! Also a new investor myself. Started looking into rental properties and now also considering flips in the West Palm Beach/Palm Beach County areas. Originally from Jupiter and currently living at my primary residence in West Palm Beach. I'm still looking into different areas and different deal approaches, but in general, it seems to be a highly competitive market up here. Looking at closed sales, the properties in the more desirable parts of town are going quickly, as would be expected. I'm sure Miami is the same--and yes the development around Wynwood has been quite remarkable!

I'm new to the forums, but very much looking forward to learning and contributing to the new community. Building my online network, and currently working with several agents in my area. I have also worked with several agents in the Glades/Hendry County area.  

@Mitchell Jaworski , does Tropical still meet on the second Wednesday's of each month?

Originally posted by @Brian Ton :

Greetings, Sarah! Also a new investor myself. Started looking into rental properties and now also considering flips in the West Palm Beach/Palm Beach County areas. Originally from Jupiter and currently living at my primary residence in West Palm Beach. I'm still looking into different areas and different deal approaches, but in general, it seems to be a highly competitive market up here. Looking at closed sales, the properties in the more desirable parts of town are going quickly, as would be expected. I'm sure Miami is the same--and yes the development around Wynwood has been quite remarkable!

I'm new to the forums, but very much looking forward to learning and contributing to the new community. Building my online network, and currently working with several agents in my area. I have also worked with several agents in the Glades/Hendry County area.  

@Mitchell Jaworski , does Tropical still meet on the second Wednesday's of each month?

Hi Brian, getting started with investing it is easy to see a lot of strategies for investing. Really narrowing in on one strategy and honing in on that strategy to start with has been the advice that I have gotten from investors whom I have connected with. 

@Mitchell Jaworski I'm shooting to attend the Tropical meeting next month, maybe we can link up there. As for PSL, I've done a bit of browsing myself and definitely more bang for buck over there, it seems. I know that around the time of the market crash in '08 I had friends that moved there and I recall seeing some failed sub-developments and communities which created a lasting impression on me. I have not physically spent time on the ground in that area recently but I do wonder if the difference in price and inventory is more a indicator of value--as in cheap deals--or if it is more indicative of the long-term overall economic situation of that local. I definitely plan to have a look at some of the data to compare vs. PBC, Broward, and Dade.

@Karl Hinkel Thanks for the add! My goal is building cash for the next 1-5 years with a focus on fix/flips on single family homes. Acquisition of hold and rent investments will always be on the table for assets and passive income but it seems the market in my target area is not making it easy for a newbie with fewer local contacts than some of the well established players. I think as I proceed through the first set of deals things will open up as my knowledge, network, cash reserves/equity, will provide more flexibility for different types of deals.  Do you do any work up here in PBC?

@Darren Lenick Irma caused a lot of trouble and I'm sorry to hear that.

This is random. Look into Med Massager Chiropractic massager. If you're a Costco member you can find them $100 less than what their sold for online. The massagers help stimulate circulation which can help relax the muscle tissue and reduce inflammation. They help neck pain, back pain, herniated disc, sciatica and fibro. May be something nice to look into. Even if it's just to try it sometimes they have Costco roadshows that demo the product.

What are you working on these days? Just curious!

@Leah M.  Thats awesome Leah! I'm starting off with wholesaling too. I'm starting to build my Cash Buyers list, although BREIA has a lot of Cash buyers for me to send deals to. Our role is to find creative ways to market and find deals for people, we make a smaller profit but it's one of the quicker ways of raising some capitol. 

You'll find tons of connections here on Bigger Pockets! But you should definitely upload a nice picture of yourself :) Makes a HUGE difference. 

I'll be happy to share my ideas with you, even on how to find off market deals! If you are like me, that you work full-time, you might feel pressed for time but I try to dedicate at least 4 hours daily. I'm sure with the right planning you'll be able to too.

I'm still learning but I can tell you about my progress so far :) and I'll help you with yours too! I really don't mind helping whenever I can. Not to mention helping others has blessed me too. And if you were to ask me about something I don't know then we can figure it out together!!! :)))))

@Sarah Torres thank you!   I appreciate you taking the time to respond to me.  Just like you, I'm new.  I'm working on building my Cash Buyers list as well.  I"d love to connect with you and I also enjoy sharing and partnering with folks.  I'm open to JVs as well. 

Hi @Sarah Torres and @Leah M. !  My partner @Mitchell T. are super new in the REI world as well! I was introduced to it when I attended a one day seminar with Tony Robbins (if you don't know him, he's the man!) this past May. Ever since we've been so pumped and excited! We attended a 3 day weekend REI seminar in Fort Lauderdale and have decided to move forward with the company's advanced education. It's pricey but we feel that it's a much needed step if we were to really arm ourselves with the necessary tools to succeed in this business. Last night we attended a local REI event in Davie and it was more of the same sales stuff (there's a lot of them out there). Right now we're in search of a local expert who can take us by his/her wings so we can really take flight! Like you, we've done our due diligence to get as much information about the "game". Done some cold calling and door-to-door approach. It's super intimidating but we're trying to get some "skin" in the game.

We're going to be attending our first BREIA event on Aug. 1st.  Maybe we'll see each other there.  All the best to both you :).

@Leo Jurado Wow! You're story sounds similar to mine! LOL I went to a business conference NAC18 for Tony Robbins and Gary V. For me, there's a lot of other speakers that have influenced me more but Tony Robbins is alright. :)

I went to NAC18 then Than Merrill's 3-day workshop, started their mentorship program then ended up getting a refund because I realized it was not worth it. There information was valuable. But I wanted something more interactive.

So I joined my local investor, (BREIA) and now I have Ryan as my mentor. 

He's amazing. And I love that they will fund my deals. I also joined CPA, which has been even MORE helpful. Both have really helped me get a move on with REI.

What doors have you knocked on? Where did you find these leads?