• Investor
  • Chicago, Il
Votes |
Chicago Resident looking to Invest in Indianapolis

Reed Meyer
  • Investor
  • Chicago, Il
Posted Sep 22 2020, 08:11

I graduated from college in May and I moved to Chicago shortly afterwards to start my job. I have constantly been looking for deals in Chicago but it is very difficult to find cash flow in areas that I would want to be investing in. I am 0-3 on my offers so far as I have had to go FHA to satisfy the higher price level of the properties here. The PMI, high taxes, and relatively high price-to-rent ratios (failure to meet 1% rule) have made it VERY difficult to find cash flow in a quality area with my current net worth.

These struggles have sparked my interest in Indianapolis, although I have very little knowledge of the investing landscape in the city. I would love to get a quasi "Crash Course" on Indy investing and start learning about the city/good areas to look for investment properties (preferably 2-4 unit turn-key or light cosmetic rehab properties). 

I would also love to make any and all possible connections with fellow investors, brokers, and lenders in the city so I can start building my Indy deal team. So please reach out if you would like to hop on a phone call to talk Indianapolis real estate strategy/deals or if you think you know someone that would be a good resource to me. Thank you very much.

Loading replies...