• Worton, MD
Votes |
First Flip - Play by Play!

Brian Tome
Pro Member
  • Attorney
  • Worton, MD
Posted Nov 4 2015, 12:53

In July, my business partner and I put a single family home in a B or B+ rural neighborhood under contract for $140K.  The owner was a widowed elderly lady who was living in a nursing home and her children were left with the home to sell.  They were good men with families and busy lives, and though they were capable of fixing it up prior to selling, they just didn't have the time to invest.

We closed in early September and have been working sporadically since then.  The home was previously a 4 bedroom, 2 bath, with a three car detached garage, a shop on the back, and an open front shed on 4.3 sub dividable acres. 

The house was built in 1969 by a professional carpenter/owner/occupier who did a very nice job building the house but had not remodeled the bathrooms since the house was built and remodeled the kitchen around 1985.  The mechanicals were boiler fed baseboard heat and hot water, and no air conditioning.  The boiler was original (1969) and in working order.

Take a look at the pictures below and follow the post if you are interested in seeing the results.  I will provide daily follow ups until the post content is contemporaneous with the work and then follow ups as needed to show progress.

Also, I will give a vote to anyone who provides a catchy name idea for our first flip house!  Like @Brandon Turner's infamous "Ugly Purple House".

Thanks for taking a look!

Loading replies...