I Am Thankful for Biggerpockets Because...

I Am Thankful for Biggerpockets Because...

Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes

What are you thankful for Biggerpockets this year?

For me I am thankful to BP because...

1. I sold 3 houses to 2 BP members this year

2. I acquired a wholesale deal from a BP member netting me $28K profit

3. I added 200 buyers in my database

4. I met 4 private lenders with cumulative capital of at least $1 Million

5. I met at least 10 solid cash buyers with verifiable proof of funds

6. I built my Acquisition team (@Jai Sookhakitch & @Daniel I. ) and Marketing & Sales teams (@David Perez )

7. I got numerous wholesale deals from other wholesalers (several apartment buildings, single family homes, even land)

8. I got 2 interns working basically for free so they will learn the business (this saves me over $1,600/month in labor cost)

9. I met several real estate agents who brought me several deals some of which are NOT on the MLS

10. I JV'ed with several people from different states (CA, TX) and opened up investment opportunities in those states for me

These are just the things I can remember...and this does not even count the new things I've learned this year because of BP. Thanks @Joshua D. , @Brandon Turner and the rest of BP Nation for making BP a very useful and helpful real estate community!

P.S. I bought Brandon's Little to No Money Down Investing book and I learned something new from it as well. I can't believe how well written the chapter on his book about wholesaling. Being an experienced wholesaler, I was pleasantly surprised.

25Reply
238 views

Most Popular Reply

Darren SagerPro Member
Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
11y

I've often been very thankful for @Joshua D. 's failures and bad experience with REI which in the end was a main motivator for making BiggerPockets happen in the first place. It's incredible to have a safe place to come to daily where people look out for others best interest when it comes to this field. Josh you've done an amazing job of creating a place that weeds out the those who try to prey on the less informed when trying to succeed in real estate investing. I've often said that BP is a gold mine because it truly is. It's a wealth of information. All aspects of it. The podcasts, the articles, the blog posts, forums, the calculators, the books, etc. Everything is spot on!

It's amazing to come across such a large number of people who "think like I do" when it comes to wanting to secure their own financial future and by doing it through real estate investing.  I am thankful to @Brandon Turner for reaching out to me early on when I had only been a member for a short period of time and how both you and Josh have embraced me as part of the BP family.  I can't say how grateful I am for that.   

Some of who I would consider "elite" members of BiggerPockets I'm now proud to say I'm friends with. These are solid people and members I can't say how much I've enjoyed spending time with.  Brandon, @Will Barnard , @J Scott , you all came to NYC because I asked and I can't thank you enough for that.  The time I've had the privilege to spend with you and your families has been amazing.   @Brian Burke for opening up my eyes to just how powerful BP as a medium can be.  I'll never forget reading over a thread of a deal you did with BP members for an apartment complex and was truly amazed.  It changed my entire perspective of the site in one thread.

I'm also thankful for local BP members that have become friends such as @Alok Sood , @Shawn McEnteer, @Daniel Leon , @Kay Lee , @Steve Buchanan , and many others that I should mention however I'd be here forever writing this.   I am thankful for all those members on BP who rely upon me and choose/have chosen to work with me in their desire to find a good income property or a potential flip.  

I'll end with this.  I'm thankful and grateful for all that I've crossed paths with here on BP.   You've all enriched my life in many ways so if we haven't met or spoke yet then reach out to me and say hello.  I'll let you know ahead of time I'll be thankful for that too.

See this reply in the discussion

83 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • West Orange, NJ · Member since 2013 · 102 posts · 13 votes
    11y

    HI

    Our unity is our most powerful weapon and our greatest strength and source for blessings and success

    Thanks BP!!!!!

  • Rental Property Investor · Buffalo, MN · Member since 2010 · 511 posts · 92 votes
    11y

    I am thankful for all the BP members that give great content day after day for the rest of us to learn. That I can reach out to others that have far far more experience than me, and to be able talk about REI with them. For those that share their stories on the podcast, its fascinating hearing them talk about their journey.

    Thanks!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Rochester, NY · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Happy Thanksgiving all!

    I'm thankful for your encouragement, knowlege sharing, and being a great example for me to follow. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Woodbridge, VA · Member since 2013 · 179 posts · 33 votes
    11y

    I am in a community of awesome folks who believe that "to pay it forward" returns the biggest payday no matter what avenues of REI! Thank You BPers!

  • Real Estate Investor · Milledgeville, IL · Member since 2014 · 46 posts · 24 votes
    11y

    Happy Thanksgiving to the Bigger Pockets family!

  • Wolcott, CT · Member since 2013 · 139 posts · 49 votes
    11y

    I am thankful for BP as it has provided a wealth of knowledge, a vast network to create unlimited opportunities, and the inspiration to persistently pursuit of a successful real estate investing career.

    Thank you all!

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    of the broad range of topics that I wouldn't have come across without BP. Plus, most importantly, the new friendships that have been created. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Fort Pierce, FL · Member since 2014 · 132 posts · 57 votes
    11y

    I am very grateful for bigger pockets for the information and wonderful helpful people

  • Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2014 · 615 posts · 172 votes
    11y

    @wendell De Guzman

    Congratulations on your lofty achievements this year! when I read some wonderful testimonies like this, I draw great inspiration from it as I am just learning the ropes.

    Needless to say, BP has been incredible in providing excellent learning platform with invaluable materials all free.

    Thanks @Joshua Dorkin and @Brandon Turner......you guys are awesome!!!!!

    Happy  Thanksgiving all

  • Real Estate Agent · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2014 · 19 posts · 8 votes
    11y
    I am thankful for BP to opening my eyes to a community that cares about growing and helping each other.
  • Hampton, VA · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    In the short time I have been with BP I have learned so much and met a lot of good people. It is refreshing to see so many that truly want to help. I have been on here everyday from day one lol. thanks BP for being a great motivator and educator. I can see that BP and the People  here are going to be a blessing to me and the business my wife and I are trying to grow.

  • Investor · Kernersville, NC · Member since 2014 · 27 posts · 14 votes
    11y

    I am thankful for BP because:

    Rubbing shoulders with the many of you already doing what I want to do is giving me the courage to get started. I have already made contacts who have helped me overcome some of the hurdles to getting my RE investing career started. I wanted to thank everyone who has been kind enough to share their stories, experiences, and some wonderfule contacts!

  • Oak Park, IL · Member since 2014 · 285 posts · 114 votes
    11y

    I am thankful fior BP because of expert advise I get anytime I have a quesion or a concern. Members are great and generous with their advice. It has helped me in expanding and knowing that others are in the same boat with same concerns.

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Dan Webb:

    Are you doing any sandwich lease-options.

    I'm new and I need to find out if this is still a good strategy in this market, which in San Diego, California is rising.

    What's your take on this?

    Thanks in advance.

    Dan

     Dan, I don't want to derail the conversation but to quickly answer your question: I have a couple of properties I am doing sandwhich lease/options and I am actively looking for more. It's a great strategy specially in a rising market. If you want to discuss further, please start a separate forum thread on it and I will provide more details. Thanks!

  • Real Estate Agent · Chesterfield, MO · Member since 2014 · 101 posts · 28 votes
    11y

    I am thankful to BP for all the Podcast that motivates me and inspires me to do more and keep focused on my goals. I am also thankful to all the insights and suggestions that I receive from all the fellow investors on the forums.

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    I am thankful for BP because of the people it has connected me with. 

  • Lender · Martinsburg, WV · Member since 2013 · 171 posts · 93 votes
    11y

    1) The podcasts hold so much valuable information.. never miss a one. New investors should start there. 

    2) Meet my business partner @Mike Webb on BP.. The collaborative effort and the accountability of working with a like minded individual is immense. BP is the place to find those type of people. 

    3) The wealth of information available on BP is like no where else.. If you can think it.. its been covered..

    Thanks Josh and Brandon

  • Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 354 posts · 167 votes
    11y

    Knowledge and the community of people willing to share.

    I learn something every day.

  • Investor/Realtor · Wentzville, MO · Member since 2014 · 846 posts · 431 votes
    11y

    I am thankful for BP because the people I have connected with, the knowledge I have gained, and the success stories of other members that help motivate me. 

  • John Van UytvenPro Member
    Property Manager · Oconee, IL · Member since 2014 · 536 posts · 202 votes
    11y

    I am thankful 

    for the massive amount of information I have learned since I started listening to the Podcast.

    @Brandon Turner  consistently saying "do it" and "take action" motivated me to find and purchase my first property in July

    I have been able to connect with some amazing people in the states and here in Korea.

    Not so much BP but I am so happy and thankful that yesterday the Doctor told me the spot on my lung is benign. I have been stressing and not sleeping because of that worry.  

  • Homeowner · Rio Linda, CA · Member since 2014 · 38 posts · 11 votes
    11y

    Good Morning,

    I am thankful for a community to learn real estate investing. I learned of BP from Lisa Phillips’ YouTube videos. Friday, 11/28/14 was my first time visiting BP. I listened to 5 podcasts, added several of the books mentioned to my Audible wish list as well as added some of them as Kindle PC samples. Without the learner-participation experience prior to joining, I would not have believed there was a place a “newbie” could obtain this much content without a substantial financial investment.

  • Investor · Carol Stream, IL · Member since 2014 · 49 posts · 11 votes
    11y
    Knowing you have a wonderful community that you can fall back on, is one reason I am thankful for BP
  • Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    I am really thankful to BP. I find many exciting exciting post and excellent information in it.

  • Realtor · Paterson, NJ · Member since 2014 · 61 posts · 12 votes
    11y

    BiggerPockets has really brought a lot of people together and made more success stories than ever, many people can tell you how their lives have changed because of BiggerPockets.

    Many people have been working together, people from all over the country are working together and sharing information with each other.

    Everyone wants to see everyone doing good, that's the greatest feeling ever the support is great. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Yorba Linda, CA · Member since 2014 · 29 posts · 17 votes
    11y

    I am thankful for all the education and a community that is so willing to help each other succeed no matter what stage we are in. I have already met mentors and engaging in a new career. Everyone I've met is uniquely helpful, encouraging and did I say HELPFUL? Just making sure. As a eager Newbie, it's nice to know that their is a community that is positive and wants you to succeed. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.