Finding my own deals

26 Replies

Hi everyone. I’m a new investor. I currently own 10 doors. 8 currently on section 8 in the high desert in California (southern, CA) .

The other 2 currently rehabbing (brrrr) strategy.

I got my first 8 doors through MLS(traditional purchase). The other 2 through a wholesaler. I thank God I'm in a position to buy more RE (1-2 more) by the end of the year but every deal that I run numbers on seems too damn skinny. No damn meat on the bone at least with the calculation from BP which I'm using. I'm looking for small multi units. I made the decision to find my own deals. Cold calling isn't a big deal for me since on my traditional business I do it but I wanted to get some direction. From anyone who is currently doing it.

I just purchased PropertyRadar and hear really good things on deal machine so getting that as well. Just wanted to get some help from either successful wholesalers who are already doing the game (successfully) or investors who find your own deal. Maybe not all your secrets but pointing me the right direction. I’m new to RE but I’m loving it. Maybe flip a deal or two through the process but my main focus is long term generational wealth so seeking my passive income.

If anyone can help it would really mean a lot.

Thank you in advance.

It's just the timing of the market.  We are at a peak, prices are high, and people are paying ridiculous amounts of money.  Personally, I'm not changing my buy criteria significantly.  I'm just slowing down.  Wait til the market turns down some and then start buying again. Continue to be picky and wait until the numbers and property work. Patience Grasshopper!

Originally posted by @Yoni Rios :

Hi everyone. I’m a new investor. I currently own 10 doors. 8 currently on section 8 in the high desert in California (southern, CA) .

The other 2 currently rehabbing (brrrr) strategy.

I got my first 8 doors through MLS(traditional purchase). The other 2 through a wholesaler. I thank God I'm in a position to buy more RE (1-2 more) by the end of the year but every deal that I run numbers on seems too damn skinny. No damn meat on the bone at least with the calculation from BP which I'm using. I'm looking for small multi units. I made the decision to find my own deals. Cold calling isn't a big deal for me since on my traditional business I do it but I wanted to get some direction. From anyone who is currently doing it.

I just purchased PropertyRadar and hear really good things on deal machine so getting that as well. Just wanted to get some help from either successful wholesalers who are already doing the game (successfully) or investors who find your own deal. Maybe not all your secrets but pointing me the right direction. I’m new to RE but I’m loving it. Maybe flip a deal or two through the process but my main focus is long term generational wealth so seeking my passive income.

If anyone can help it would really mean a lot.

Thank you in advance.

When you play the SEO game succesfully, none of that matters.

SEO is pretty much a filter.

It only (mostly) allows motivated sellers through, and that is what you want. It is completely immune to what the market does.

How? Why? Because it is a filter!

There will always be people that need to sell NOW for cash. And SEO allows those people to fine me.

Lookie here:

Free highly motivated daily leads, without me having to lift a finger.

Xmas, thanksgiving, sellers market, buyers market, alien attack... doesn't matter. As long at there are people that need to sell, I am getting all the leads!

SEO baby!

Hi yoni nice to meet you . So happy to see a welcome from Sean . I use it product too and it is an impressive tool that has so much potential for investors. 

@Jo-Ann Lapin thank you very much, I appreciate the feedback. Believe it or not it helps for the muscle of faith as this is something completely new to me and makes me happy it's working for someone else and it can work for me as well 

Originally posted by @Account Closed wants to see what you do with all those leads.

Let's say you get a modest 100 leads a week- how many do you close on?

After we vet our leads, and figure out how much is still left on the mortgage, we get about a 30% sign rate.

These sellers are very motivated. Not all of them of course but quite a lot of them. And there is no need to be jealous. There is no need to stalk me around and harass me with every post I make trying to figure out how many houses I own or where I own them, Thats really creepy dude!

Originally posted by @Nick Britton:

Because everything about real estate is public information. I like to vet people who claim to be gurus- and a property search shows you own nothing nor is your business register. You are a snake oil salesmen with no real estate experience.

Wow!

Well, your vetting skills are lousy!

Bought this house for 41K

We put about 35K into it.

We got a cash offer within 17 hours of listing it over asking price.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/11-Devonwood-Dr-Waterbury-CT-06708/58012898_zpid/

before

after:

Can you please give it a rest now?

You are beaten!

And

Your final Blow:

@Jerryll Noorden

Got a few Qs for you. Do you wholesale any of the leads

Second Q is could you direct me to where I could learn about setting up my own lead generator in my market....NOT CT.

I see you use stone in your flips. 

I use white quartz. My supplier is 35$ sf installed. Doesn’t charge for edges or anything else as long as you follow his program. 

He’s a good guy and will goto CT. He’s from Brooklyn. Just DM me I’ll give you his # if you want   

I can ask him to give you my price for white quartz 30$ installed. You can ask him about the stone you use I’m pretty sure he will be cheaper than the guys up by you he beats all the guys from Brooklyn   Still not sure how.   What I use isn’t crazy special. It’s contractors quartz.  

Originally posted by @John Hickey:

@Jerryll Noorden

Got a few Qs for you. Do you wholesale any of the leads...

Second Q is could you direct me to where I could learn about setting up my own lead generator in my market....NOT CT.

I see you use stone in your flips. 

I use white quartz. My supplier is 35$ sf installed. Doesn’t charge for edges or anything else as long as you follow his program. 

He’s a good guy and will goto CT. He’s from Brooklyn. Just DM me I’ll give you his # if you want   

I can ask him to give you my price for white quartz 30$ installed. You can ask him about the stone you use I’m pretty sure he will be cheaper than the guys up by you he beats all the guys from Brooklyn   Still not sure how.   What I use isn’t crazy special. It’s contractors quartz.  

You are awesome man.

I think it is so cool you are so giving with your stone people and yes I appreciate that info. Give It Tooo Meee!

As for help with lead generation... I dont mind if someone in CT needs help. I have helped plenty of local lil mortals here trying to wholesale. I just do not take any clients here! Ohhh no!

So yeah we can have some sessions on how to do it right!

@Joe Splitrock Hahahaha. I read that thread. I was with you but it’s hard for me to remember now what you said. I bet if you check votes you’ll see me voting for you.

@Account Closed you def have your POV.  While above from My POV Jerryll crushed your posts, 

But i love that you did it.  And still like you saying what you think.  But I like Jerryll.  Never did biz with him but he’s a positive guy and he just started from scratch a few years ago.  

If he has a Wyoming co you won’t be able to see that he owns anything.  I don’t know that you should trust that source as absolut.  

Even a trust in NYS ppl can’t peirce.  

That Splitrock/gregg s thread that i was talking about above was a different topic.  It was an epic battle of the keyboard.  

Originally posted by @Nick Britton:
Originally posted by @John Hickey:

@Joe Splitrock Hahahaha. I read that thread. I was with you but it’s hard for me to remember now what you said. I bet if you check votes you’ll see me voting for you.

To answer your question John- he has no experience in real estate and watched some Tai Lopez courses on marketing and thinks he is a guru.

I ran a property search and he has no registered company nor has he ever done deals.

0) Sighhh...

1) I never said I am a guru

2) I said I am the immortal overlord monkey bend on taking over this world with my army or robotic minions!

3) Your accusations and attacks on me are getting really boring. I already wiped the floor with your 

Yet you just can't let it go nor can you simply apologize. Dude you were wrong. Let it go no?

(if you simply did I would set aside a few hours of my day and I would be happy to teach you how to do SEO so you get some/more clients). 

4) You are not accusing me to protect the little BPers from the fake mean old monkey guru. You have been actively stalking my every post following me around attacking and harassing me trying to  "expose" me as a fake. We both know that the only reason you do it is because you offer SEO services... and my posting of my results make you feel insecure? Dude seriously I can teach you man!!

From my first post where I showed my results like this:

you have been trying to discredit me, and try to convince everyone I am a fake. The more proof I showed I am legit, the more frustrated you got. Till you reached this point where now you were simply stalking my every post demanding I showed you how many properties I owned and how many deals I closed, (as if this has ANY indication how amazing my SEO mind is, how fake or real I am, or how successful I am).

Now I showed prooof I DO have REI experience, I DO flip houses and now you are going to attack me if my company is registered? And what does that prove again? So if my company is not registered I am a fake? Do you know HOW many people don't have an LLC yet they flip or wholesale? Dude I hate to embarrass you but you really are begging me to clean the floors again.

So I flip...

then flip some more

I wholesale:

and wholesale some more..

And I buy and hold:

See my SEO is so right on, I get to buy houses at $5,000.- a pop!

Have you never noticed? Every claim I have EVER made is always backed up by pictures, numbers graphs proof!

There is absolutely no need to lie, or manipulate. Now if you are done trying to fight with me, I am a better friend than an enemy. Try me!

So are we done?

Please?

Originally posted by @Account Closed ","user_avatar":{"medium":{"url":"https://biggerpockets.s3.amazonaws.com/assets/avatar/no_avatar.svg"}}}" href="/users/JohnH31">@Account Closed you def have your POV.  While above from My POV Jerryll crushed your posts, 

But i love that you did it.  And still like you saying what you think.  But I like Jerryll.  Never did biz with him but he’s a positive guy and he just started from scratch a few years ago.  

If he has a Wyoming co you won’t be able to see that he owns anything.  I don’t know that you should trust that source as absolut.  

Even a trust in NYS ppl can’t peirce.  

That Splitrock/gregg s thread that i was talking about above was a different topic.  It was an epic battle of the keyboard.  

Yeah I started just a few years back from nothing.

Was working with IHMC/NASA... then NASA lost funding for hardware. So I packed my bags and went to Italy and we gave birth to my son

Imagine pooping out that thing! You women think YOU got it hard. Pffft

I probably have to provide proof to Nick..

Monkey in a labcoat... go figure

man those where the best times of my life. People asked what do you do... ohh I am a robotics scientist and everyone gives me respect. Now....

Oh I am an investor....  crickets!!

Then I went to corporate and I quit after 6 months. Couldn't stand it. Yes I was alone in the USA, just barely had my greencard, and I had nothing. I started from absolute zero.

It was rough. And the only way I could realistically make it is if I wholesaled first. I then realized DMM sucks monkey butt! So I simply decided to become the SEO overlord. Hey I design and build exoskeleton robotic suits for NASA, how hard can SEO really be  pffft. So I simply conquered it and realized everyone was doing it wrong. This is why my results are so off the charts.

But yeah, can you imagine how frustrated I get when I see some lazy butt wanna be wholesaler complain and nag saying crap like "I want to go to the MLS and find deals, but it is so hard".

BOIIII!!!

STEP the frog UP! Get out there and conquer your domain! Don't spend your time hating on others. That is the worst thing you can do. Let them hate, while you climb that mountain to the top!