Many people struggle to get started, especially when they live in an expensive market. That’s why today on the BiggerPockets Podcast we’re excited to bring you this interview with a newer investor who’s figuring out how to make a passive investment business despite living in one of the most expensive cities in America. You’ll learn how Fat Tony (yes, that’s really what he goes by!) invests in out-of-state deals and how mindset has played a major role in his early success.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By:
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: B2R Finance
A new commercial lender offering loans specifically for rental investors. B2R Finance could help you unlock equity from existing properties so you can get cash out now.
Learn more by visiting: B2RFinance.com
In This Episode We Cover:
- Who is Fat Tony, and what’s with the name?
- How he got started in real estate investing
- Why it all starts with changing your mindset
- The value of continuing education
- His first deal: a short sale
- Whether it’s worth it to look into condos
- How to start doing the things you need to do
- The importance of tracking your net worth
- Why you should view real estate as a long term play
- What it takes to successfully invest out of state
- The importance of working with people who you can trust
- Why all investors should have cash reserves
- Why Tony believes in buying site unseen
- The worth of his properties today
- Tips for finding people who share the same mindset
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- Want to be our sponsor? Email here
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- BiggerPockets Podcast
- BP Podcast 134: Creative Finance and Gaining a Millionaire Mindset with Pro BMX Rider Terry Adams
- The Secret
- BP Podcast 004: Commercial Real Estate Investing With Frank Gallinelli
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Brandon Turner’s Investing With No or Low Money Down
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow… And 36 Other Key Financial Measures by Frank Gallinelli
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
- “I’m a businessman, not a handyman. And I’m okay with that.” (Tweet This!)
- “There’s gotta be a way. Other people are doing it. I just need to figure out the way.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Fat Tony
- Fat Tony’s BiggerPockets Profile
- Fat Tony’s Company Website
- The Expansion Project Podcast
- Break Parallel
Note By BiggerPockets: These are opinions written by the author and do not necessarily represent the opinions of BiggerPockets.