Get ready to be inspired, amazed, and blown away with today’s BiggerPockets episode! Today on the show we’re sitting down with Chris Heeren, a real estate investor from Wisconsin who’s absolutely crushing it with his rental property investing. In just the past three years, Chris has built a massive portfolio of houses and small multifamily properties — and he did it with just over $10,000 to start AND while working full-time. Packed with tips, stories, and incredible advice, this show will completely revolutionize the way you run your real estate business forever and prove — once and for all — that anyone can succeed no matter their situation. Listen up!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
Fire Round Sponsor
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: Patch of Land. Patch of Land is a Peer-to-Real-Estate (“P2RE”) lending marketplace that matches accredited and institutional investors seeking high-yield, short-term, asset-collateralized investments to borrowers seeking more timely and consistent sources of funding for rehabbing properties across America.
Learn more by visiting Patch of Land!
In This Episode We Cover:
- Who exactly Chris is
- How be obtained 52 units in 3 years
- The story behind his first duplex
- Tips for using the BRRRR strategy
- How he found ways to fund his deals
- The process he used to create teams to help his investing
- Quick tips for being persistent
- How to counter-offer
- How he finds and offers on deals via the MLS
- Advice for buying properties while working a full-time job
- His average purchase price
- How he uses direct mail marketing
- How to find great property managers
- Chris’s $8,000 mistake
- What the next 6 months look like for him
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- Want to be a Podcast guest?
- BRRRR Strategy
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- BiggerPockets Blogs
- How to Create Your Own Handwritten Font For Free (For Direct Mail Marketing) (blog)
- BiggerPockets Portfolio
- BP Podcast 117: Maximizing Productivity to Get Things Done with David Allen
- BP Podcast 125: The Key to Business Success with Bestselling Author of The E-Myth Michael Gerber
- BiggerPockets Analysis Tools
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Landlording on Auto-Pilot by Mike Butler
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
- Getting Things Done by David Allen
- “There’s always a way. You just have to be determined, be motivated, and not give up.” (Tweet This!)
- “I’d rather have half of the deals out there than none of the deals because I didn’t start.” (Tweet This!)
- “If you don’t learn from your mistakes, you’ll never grow in the future.” (Tweet This!)