Flipping a short sale in San Diego

3 Replies

Hello,

I have a short sale that I am going to pursue and flip.  I will be the listing agent on the property.

I have heard their can be issues being the agent and the buyer on a short sale. It is a FHA loan through Chase. Only one loan and HOA is current. I have also heard getting discounts on a FHA short sale is not likely.

If anyone has some advice or personal experience with any of the above that would be much appreciated.  

You won't be collecting a commission as the buyer on an FHA short sale. You'll need to get an ATP from the lender for the short sale which will set the price. Not a great model, trying to collect commissions as the buyer on short sales. Also it's much tougher now to get enough discount on a short sale to flip it, as opposed to a few years ago when the banks were buried, and deals fell thru the cracks.

@Patrick Parry , one of the short sales we bought last year was in Vista. My wife is a Realtor and the bank made us get another agent to represent us. They wanted an arms-length transaction. You might consider doing this right from the beginning because it added more time to our transaction.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.