Skip to content
1031 Exchanges

User Stats

Votes

Seeking a referral for a CPA w/ 1031x experience, location open

Posted Jun 26 2022, 21:29

Hi, I am seeking a referral for a CPA that can advise me through options during a 1031x. It would be across multiple states, selling in Washington and buying in Tennessee. Preferably someone in Nashville area, but open to location so long as there is adequate experience. 

Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Kathleen Timberlake
  • Realtor
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Nashville, TN
Replied Jun 27 2022, 10:32

Steve Brown with Brown & Maguire is awesome - he is super knowledgeable, and he's well-versed in real estate investing, as he has an investment property portfolio himself. He would definitely be a good person to have a conversation with! 

You'll also need a good title company for 1031's here in TN, and our two go-to title companies (depending on client/property location) are The Row Title (on Music Row) and Mid-State Title in Franklin. Both are great at what they do. 

Shoot me a DM if there's anything else I can help you with! 

User Stats

Votes
Luka Milicevic
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Nashville, TN
Replied Jun 27 2022, 12:58
Quote from @Fernando Fourquet:

Hi, I am seeking a referral for a CPA that can advise me through options during a 1031x. It would be across multiple states, selling in Washington and buying in Tennessee. Preferably someone in Nashville area, but open to location so long as there is adequate experience. 

Thank you!

Clint Hauser - Hauser CPA group
  • Real Estate Agent Tennessee (#358883)

Middle TN Home Alliance Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 27 2022, 16:39
Quote from @Luka Milicevic:
Quote from @Fernando Fourquet:

Thank you!

Clint Hauser - Hauser CPA group

thank you, Luka! Great to be connected with you.

I’m also needing an Agent in the market. Will contact you direct.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 27 2022, 17:02
Quote from @Kathleen Timberlake:

Steve Brown with Brown & Maguire is awesome - he is super knowledgeable, and he's well-versed in real estate investing, as he has an investment property portfolio himself. He would definitely be a good person to have a conversation with! 

You'll also need a good title company for 1031's here in TN, and our two go-to title companies (depending on client/property location) are The Row Title (on Music Row) and Mid-State Title in Franklin. Both are great at what they do. 

Shoot me a DM if there's anything else I can help you with! 

Very helpful. Thank you, Kathleen!  

User Stats

Votes
Basit Siddiqi
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • New York, NY
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • New York, NY
Replied Jul 8 2022, 12:12

The great thing is that Washington and Tennessee do not have state tax filing obligations if your only exposure is rental income.

There are three main requirements to make a successful 1031 exchange
1) use of an intermediary
2) identify replacement property within 45 days
3) Close within 180 days

Best of luck