Skip to content
Goals, Business Plans & Entities

User Stats

Votes
Paul Veronis
Pro Member
  • Investor
Votes |
How to effectively manage a virtual assistant?

Paul Veronis
Pro Member
  • Investor
Posted Nov 6 2022, 14:44

Hi Everyone,

I have hired a VA to do cold calling for me. I was wondering what some good strategies would be too effectively manage and train my VA? What type of KPIs should I set for him? How many times should I set up a meetings for us to review progress and improve on weaknesses? I appreciate any help that anyone can give! Thank you

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Nov 6 2022, 19:08

Meet once a day, set a minimum dial goal and appointment setting goal. Record all calls and make sure they are maximizing their time on the phone with sellers 

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 15 2023, 20:52
Quote from @Paul Veronis:

Hi Everyone,

I have hired a VA to do cold calling for me. I was wondering what some good strategies would be to effectively manage and train my VA? What type of KPIs should I set for him? How many times should I set up a meetings for us to review progress and improve on weaknesses? I appreciate any help that anyone can give! Thank you

I’m wanting to get a cold caller too. How did your VA work out for you?  Any tips? 
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Yael Lederman
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
  • Miami, FL
Replied May 16 2023, 07:56

Make sure to quantify what a "successful appointment" means to you. Many VAs will hit their min dials and even set appointments but the quality of those appointments will be low. Also, don't be afraid to have them listen in on your cold calls. That way, you can set the example of what a call should be like.

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 16 2023, 08:11
Quote from @Yael Lederman:

Make sure to quantify what a "successful appointment" means to you. Many VAs will hit their min dials and even set appointments but the quality of those appointments will be low. Also, don't be afraid to have them listen in on your cold calls. That way, you can set the example of what a call should be like.

Thank you so much Yael! 

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 16 2023, 08:15
Quote from @Scott E.:
Quote from @Account Closed:

Managing a virtual assistant (VA) effectively requires clear communication, proper training, and regular feedback. Here are some strategies to help you manage and train your VA:

1. Clearly define tasks and expectations: Clearly communicate the tasks and responsibilities you want your VA to handle. Provide detailed instructions, templates, and resources to ensure they understand the requirements.
  2. Set Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Establish measurable KPIs that align with your goals and track the VA's performance. Examples could include the number of calls made, appointments scheduled, or conversions achieved. These KPIs will help you evaluate their effectiveness and identify areas for improvement.
  3. Develop a training plan: Create a structured training plan to familiarize your VA with your business processes, tools, and scripts. Provide training materials, video tutorials, or conduct live training sessions to ensure they have the necessary skills and knowledge.
  4. Establish regular communication: Schedule regular meetings to review progress, address questions or concerns, and provide feedback. The frequency of meetings can depend on the nature of the work and the level of supervision required. Weekly or bi-weekly meetings are often effective for tracking progress and making improvements.
  5. Encourage open communication: Foster an environment where your VA feels comfortable asking questions, seeking clarification, and providing suggestions. Regularly check-in with them to ensure they have the necessary resources and support to perform their tasks effectively.
  6. Provide constructive feedback: Offer feedback on their performance, highlighting areas of improvement and acknowledging their successes. Be specific, clear, and provide actionable suggestions to help them enhance their skills and productivity.
  7. Utilize project management tools: Utilize project management or task-tracking tools such as Asana, Trello, or Monday.com to assign tasks, monitor progress, and track deadlines. These tools can streamline communication, ensure accountability, and improve efficiency.
  8. Encourage self-improvement: Support your VA's professional growth by recommending relevant training resources, books, or online courses. Encourage them to expand their skill set, which can benefit both their personal development and your business.

Remember to be patient and understanding, as it may take time for your VA to adjust and reach optimal performance. Regularly evaluate their progress against the set KPIs and adjust your training and management approach accordingly.

Lastly, please note that sharing external links, such as the one you mentioned, is not permitted in this context. It's important to focus on providing valuable information and advice within the text.

If you have Google My Business Profile you can Hire Him.  For

Stop spamming the forums with ChatGPT replies. You're not helping anybody.

Thank brother. Ugh… this whole topic is frustrating because just when I think I can trust someone it turns out to be BS. 
just a couple days ago I realized that I actually was messaging a “satisfied client”, but rather an employee from the company the “happy client”
worked at. 
mom sure there are effective cold calling VA’s out there… I just want 1-2 of them.