Hi there I am a 27 year old investor in Ontario. I currently work a
job that pays very well, the only issue is that I have lost interest in
it and it has had a negative impact on my life recently. I'm sure I am
not the only one in this situation, as to why I have chosen Real Estate
Investing to get out of the "Rat Race".
So my question is this, the career I have pays six figures. The
income is great, just I have been thinking of ways to get out and am
running the idea of potentially starting up a Construction Clean Up
Service. My long term goal is to acquire many rental properties and do
flips. I feel like if I were to start a company that would help out
Flippers/Investors, then I would surround myself around these types of
people more frequently, and it would allow me to acquire properties more
efficiently in the long run and would allow me to get out of the "9-5".
Has anyone started a company like this and is there any sort of demand this type of service? The start up costs would be fairly low and could make a great return.. I have looked online and but its hard to judge how much business these companies tend to get. The company would more or less go in and remove and the garbage and debris, and clean up the property after the flipper or investor is done doing their work. This would allow them to save time and could help out there business as well.
Any thoughts or advice would be great! Thank you.
- Do it YourselfClean out service guidelines3 years ago
- Questions About BiggerPockets and Official Site AnnouncementsProfile clean up12 years ago
- Do it YourselfApartment - Clean-up2 years ago
- BiggerPockets Business Podcast 33: How to Generate Business No Matter the Product or Service with Pat Fenton5 days ago
- BiggerPockets Business Podcast 33: How to Generate Business No Matter the Product or Service with Pat Fenton6 days ago
- The No. 1 Way to Get Started in Real Estate With No Money, Experience, or Network4 days ago
Host: Brandon Turner
7:00pm EST / 4:00pm PST
Rehabbing and House Flipping
Read, see, and learn more!
Las Vegas, NV
Rehabbing and House Flipping Trending Discussions
- How do I know what to offer after a quick tour of a home? 5 Replies
- How Calculating rehab 2 Replies
- Recommendations for roofers in Grand Rapids, MI 2 Replies
- I can’t understand the Code Violations 10 Replies
- Dependable , Trustworthy HM Lender 4 Replies
There are people who could use this service but I don't think there is a lot of margin in cleanup services as it is a low skill position. If you are looking at pricing I would look to see what the local cleaning companies are charging. Then you could network with house flippers to see if they would use your service. The only way I would hire a cleanup company would be if 1) I had too much work, 2) you were cheaper than using my own guys, and 3) if you were cheaper. I think it would be hard to check all the boxes in this area but if you find a flipper who is doing a lot of deals it may be a profitable venture.
Some possible self-analysis questions:
How many construction sites will you have to clean up to make 6 figures and replace your STABLE income?
How much selling/marketing will you have to do to get this amount of business (which is a one time shot each job vs re-occurring)?
Coming from a 6 figure background how is your background as far as "Dealing with" blue collar types of employees who would be clean up people? Will you be able to attract them to work for you, and then be able to keep them and also lead them adequately to make the money you want to make?
Just my 2 cents.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you