• New to Real Estate
  • London, ON
Votes |
Getting Landlord's Contact

Rami Sobhani
  • New to Real Estate
  • London, ON
Posted Nov 30 2022, 16:12

I live in London, Ontario, Canada. I am looking to drive for dollars and contact the landlord without asking the tenants. Are there public records or a way to access landlord's contact?

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Dec 1 2022, 03:43
Quote from @Rami Sobhani:

I live in London, Ontario, Canada. I am looking to drive for dollars and contact the landlord without asking the tenants. Are there public records or a way to access landlord's contact?

In America the contact information is pubic. You can search for the owner on county records and it includes a mailing address. There are online services that enable you to search for more detailed contact information, but those cost money and are usually designed to create mailing lists for a large number of properties that meet your search criteria. I don't know what's available up north.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Rami Sobhani
  • New to Real Estate
  • London, ON
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • London, ON
Replied Dec 1 2022, 04:40

Thanks Nathan

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Nate Sanow
Pro Member
  • I​nvestor & Agent
  • Tulsa, OK
Votes |
Pro Member
  • I​nvestor & Agent
  • Tulsa, OK
Replied Dec 1 2022, 05:27

I was basically going to say the same thing as Nathan.  Propstream and platforms like it will help.. Fast People Search is a free one….not sure the Canada version but I’d imagine it’s similar.  

User Stats

Votes
Tyler Stiller
  • Rental Property Investor
  • London, Ontario
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • London, Ontario
Replied Feb 8 2023, 08:17

There are ways to do this in Canada. The tools aren't as good as they have in the states. If you know people in the industry we have tools that can pull owners' names.

The old-school way is to pull GIS maps off the city of London, get the roll #'s, then go into the city office and ask them for the owner's name of that Roll #.

Feel free to give me a call, i can show you what i have done.