• Real Estate Agent
  • Knoxville, TN
Votes |
10 Things Real Estate Agents Can Learn From Man's Best Friend

Zac Gronda
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Knoxville, TN
Posted Jan 12 2023, 06:34
  1. I recently became a dog owner after many year.  I had one when I was very young and remember the companionship they brought, this article was inspired by those memory's hope you enjoy! 
  2. Building Trust: Dogs are experts at building trust with their owners and potential adopters. Similarly, real estate agents should work on building trust with their clients by being honest, transparent, and reliable.
  3. Active Listening: Dogs are great listeners and pay close attention to their owners' commands. Real estate agents should also actively listen to their clients' needs and preferences to better understand their requirements and find the right property for them.
  4. Adaptability: Dogs are able to adapt to different environments and situations with ease. Real estate agents should also be adaptable and able to handle different types of clients, properties, and situations that may arise.
  5. Positive Attitude: Dogs are known for their happy and positive attitudes. Real estate agents should also maintain a positive attitude and a friendly demeanor, even in the face of rejection or difficult situations.
  6. Networking: Dogs are social creatures and enjoy being around other dogs. Real estate agents should also network with other agents, clients, and industry professionals to expand their reach and find new opportunities.
  7. Consistency: Dogs are consistent in their behavior and actions, which helps to build trust and reliability. Real estate agents should also be consistent in their actions and communication, which will help to build trust with their clients.
  8. Patience: Dogs have a lot of patience and can wait for their owners to come home or for a treat to be given. Real estate agents should also have patience and not rush their clients into making a decision.
  9. Empathy: Dogs are able to sense their owners emotions and react accordingly, Real estate agents should have empathy towards their client's emotional state and show understanding and support.
  10. Knowledge: Dogs are trained to know different commands and can learn new tricks. Real estate agents should also stay informed about the latest market trends and property listings to better serve their clients.
  11. Persistence: Dogs are persistent in their efforts to please their owners. Real estate agents should also be persistent in their efforts to find the right property for their clients, even if it takes longer than expected.

In conclusion, dogs have many traits that can be applied to the real estate industry, such as building trust, active listening, adaptability, positive attitude, networking, consistency, patience, empathy, knowledge, and persistence. By incorporating these traits into their professional lives, real estate agents can become more effective and successful in their sales. Remember, "A dog is man's best friend" and a Real estate agent can be a client's best friend.

User Stats

Votes
Katie Miller
Pro Member
  • General Manager, Publishing at BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • General Manager, Publishing at BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
ModeratorReplied Jan 13 2023, 15:40

Ummm this is freaking adorable. 

User Stats

Votes
Carlos Valencia
  • Lender
Votes |
  • Lender
Replied Jan 13 2023, 17:47

I definitely agree with this list. Having these traits is very important in business. In reality its always best to have your clients best interest. Rather than looking at each client as a client take the time to get to know them and make a new friend and build a long lasting friendship. The one with most friends wins =)

@Albert Bui @Matthew Kwan

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Crystal R Florida
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Jan 14 2023, 06:55

This is spot on! It’s very common we become close friends almost like family with some of our clients. Wanting to better understand them to help achieve their goals is so important and helps make our job more fun! 

User Stats

Votes
Tammy Thorn
  • Realtor
  • Bentonville, AR
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Bentonville, AR
Replied Jan 14 2023, 08:01

Great post! We can definitely learn from our sweet 4 legged friends! 

Thanks for sharing!

User Stats

Votes
Karl B.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Erie, PA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Erie, PA
Replied Jan 14 2023, 15:50

I had to fire my last agent because she ate my newspaper and  chased after the neighbors. 

User Stats

Votes
Leo R.
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Jan 14 2023, 18:31

@Zac Gronda awesome post!

Also, Loyalty.  Treat a dog right, and they'll treat you right. That's worth its weight in gold.

Nothin's better than a good ol' pup by your side.    :)

User Stats

Votes
Jossalyn Wallace
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Destin, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Destin, FL
Replied Jan 15 2023, 11:13

Love this!!

User Stats

Votes
Matthew McKee
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Boise, ID
Votes |
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Boise, ID
Replied Jan 15 2023, 12:41

I think I can speak for everyone when I say we need more of this in our lives. Bravo @Zac Gronda

User Stats

Votes
Mike Dymski#3 Innovative Strategies Contributor
  • Investor
  • Greenville, SC
Votes |
Mike Dymski#3 Innovative Strategies Contributor
  • Investor
  • Greenville, SC
Replied Jan 15 2023, 18:19

Fetching - a large deal flow pipeline of great opportunities

User Stats