Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Jake Fenton
Votes |
What is the best way to offer your service to a seasoned investor?

Jake Fenton
Posted Jan 14 2024, 12:51

I have heard on different podcasts that one of the best introductory ways to get started learning REI and potentially getting a mentor is to offer your services. I'm going to be attending monthly meetups and hoping to provide my service in order to start getting hands on, real world, experience in REI.

What is the best way to find if I can be of service to a seasoned investor? Should it happen organically or should I just ask?

I welcome all feedback and advice,

Jake Fenton

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Jan 14 2024, 13:39

@Jake Fenton

Depends what you are good in or where you can add value

That’s the key you want to assist at solving a problem - figure out what problem someone has and how you can assist

User Stats

Votes
Swati Linder
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Charleston, SC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Charleston, SC
Replied Feb 27 2024, 19:37

Hi! I totally get what you're saying. I think it's important to show your value when you meet someone. What do you can bring to the table? Are you a good number cruncher? Are you good at finding off market deals? What is your skill set? Once you have identified that, show your value to the investor by showing them what you can do for them and how it will save them time. Time is the most precious thing we all have, afterall! If you can save someone time by offering your services, they'll see your value and be more willing to show you the ropes a bit. 

I'm happy to chat if you'd like! Feel free to reach out. 

All the best,
Swati 

Vacasa logo
Vacasa
|
Sponsored
We do the work. You get the ROI. We do it all for your vacation rental. All—marketing, pricing, guest requests, housekeeping & more.