Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
John Hunt
  • New to Real Estate
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
Young 20's investing - What are my advantages?

John Hunt
  • New to Real Estate
  • Nashville, TN
Posted Mar 21 2019, 06:34

This fall I will be starting my final year of college and plan on graduating with an engineering degree. Over the last year and a half I have become very interested in real estate investing, particularly rental properties and house hacking. At this point in time I do not have time or money to begin investing but upon graduating I plan on beginning investing in real estate.

I have learned from internships and jobs in college that a 9-5 W2 life will not be satisfying for me and am looking to find financial freedom as quickly as possible. I plan on finding a W2 job in near a large city to pay the bills and begin saving for investment. I figured house hacking would be a good entrance into the real estate investing world and an easy way to build equity while also paying off student debt(Not a huge amount because of scholarships).

With all this said now to the question. I'm worried about my lack of age and experience hindering my ability to find deals and leading me to get taken advantage of. What are some advantages I have as someone new to investing and relatively young? Is house hacking a smart route to go to gain experience? 

Thank you for your answers!

Loading replies...