• Rental Property Investor
  • East Islip, NY
Votes |
Obtaining a mortgage with an LLC

Ryan Washer
  • East Islip, NY
Posted Sep 3 2019, 14:56

Hello BP, I'm trying to solve a problem and I don't seem to be getting anywhere. I have an accepted offer on my first duplex I am trying to purchase, was preapproved with my local bank, but will not be able to close on property with an LLC. My lawyer advised me against transferring deed after closing so I'm not exactly sure how to move forward. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Stephanie Salas
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
  • Las Vegas, NV
Replied Sep 3 2019, 15:00

Hi Ryan. What are the reasons they are saying you cannot close with an LLC? Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Washer
  • East Islip, NY
Votes |
  • East Islip, NY
Replied Sep 3 2019, 15:08

Essentially, as I understand it, if the deed transferred ownership, the note must be paid in full with in 60 days. I’m told this never happens but I’d like to explore all my options

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Stephanie P.
Pro Member
#4 Mortgage Brokers & Lenders Contributor
  • Washington, DC Mortgage Lender/Broker
Votes |
Pro Member
#4 Mortgage Brokers & Lenders Contributor
  • Washington, DC Mortgage Lender/Broker
Replied Sep 4 2019, 10:33
Originally posted by @Ryan Washer:

Essentially, as I understand it, if the deed transferred ownership, the note must be paid in full with in 60 days. I’m told this never happens but I’d like to explore all my options

Conventional financing allows the transfer now. Rule change a few yeaes ago. The "due on sale" clause will not be triggered.