• Rental Property Investor
  • Jersey City, NJ
Votes |
House Hacking in New Jersey

Jason Lee
  • Jersey City, NJ
Posted Sep 18 2019, 17:10

Hello BP, I am looking to start house hacking soon. I am located in the north jersey area. Does anyone have experience house hacking in the north jersey area, and have any recommendations on markets I should look into and stay away from in this area? 

All advice is very helpful, thank you.  

User Stats

Votes
Abel Curiel
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Queens, NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Queens, NY
Replied Sep 18 2019, 17:37
Originally posted by @Jason Lee:

Hello BP, I am looking to start house hacking soon. I am located in the north jersey area. Does anyone have experience house hacking in the north jersey area, and have any recommendations on markets I should look into and stay away from in this area? 

All advice is very helpful, thank you.  

Hey Jason,

Congratulations on taking your first steps towards house hacking! 

It is possibly the best strategy to begin investing - low down payment, decrease your living costs, and acquire experience (acquisition and property management experience).

I would highly recommend linking up with a Realtor in your target market. A good Realtor will connect you with a lender, attorney, inspector, contractors, etc. In addition to that, you'll get your market-specific questions answered.

I'd be happy to connect you with one of my colleagues in NJ if needed.

Best of luck to you on your journey!

Abel

• Real Estate Agent NY (#10401295960)

REbuild Team - eXp Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
Jason Lee
  • Jersey City, NJ
Votes |
  • Jersey City, NJ
Replied Sep 19 2019, 12:30

@Abel Curiel thanks for the advice

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Fleck
  • Hudson County, NJ
Votes |
  • Hudson County, NJ
Replied Oct 22 2019, 10:36

I just bought my first property in North Bergen and currently live with 2 roommates who pay around 65% of my monthly expenses. I am planning to convert a portion of the garage into a master bedroom to account for the rest. A little creativity required in this area but so far it is working out. Where have you been looking?