Buying from HUD

Buying from HUD

Investor · Huntington beach, CA · Member since 2014 · 99 posts · 17 votes

I recently came across a property that I am interested in buying. I looked up at the county records and lo and behold, it's a HUD home. This would be my first home purchase, so I really don't have much experience. Any words of advice or experiences (positive or negative) with buying from HUD? Is it better or worse buying from HUD than from a normal joe selling his home?

0Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Brooksville, FL · Member since 2012 · 429 posts · 220 votes
11y

Just ask your agent if he is or not.  

If he isn't, just go with the listing agent and stop trying to make things any harder than they have to be. Or I suppose you could call the listing agent to another HUD property nearby if you think there is a conflict of interest.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joe VilleneuvePro Member
    Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    11y

    Make sure you work with a RE Agent that is qualified to make HUD offers. They go to a class on it. There's a lot of paperwork to fill out.

    Joe V

  • Investor · Huntington beach, CA · Member since 2014 · 99 posts · 17 votes
    11y

    @Joe Villeneuve 

    I'm currently working with an RE agent, but it doesn't appear he is qualified for HUD offers. I checked http://www.hudhomestore.com/Listing/BrokerSearch.a... and there are actually very few HUD brokers listed there for my area. Are there other places where I can check an RE agent's credentials for HUD?

  • Brooksville, FL · Member since 2012 · 429 posts · 220 votes
    11y

    Just ask your agent if he is or not.  

    If he isn't, just go with the listing agent and stop trying to make things any harder than they have to be. Or I suppose you could call the listing agent to another HUD property nearby if you think there is a conflict of interest.

  • Joe VilleneuvePro Member
    Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    11y

    I would/have just look for a HUD listing, then call that agent.

    Joe V

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.