Skip to content
Foreclosures

User Stats

Votes
Kimi McCarty
  • Visalia, CA
Votes |
When over the counter Tax sale information is hard to find.

Kimi McCarty
  • Visalia, CA
Posted Aug 17 2015, 11:42

Since I live in California I'm researching over the counter properties in other states where I have friends that will go do a drive by for me.  I just had a friend move to Virginia.  According to my research Virginia is a Tax deed state that sells over the counter.  When googling the counties near my friend i'm finding minimal information.  Most give no information about what happens to the properties that do not sell at auction.  A few county sites did say "properties that do not sell at auction transfer to the county".  I guess my question is what happened to them when they transfer to the county.  Any ideas on things to Google so I can dig a little deeper.  I have emailed some treasures and they just there are no auctions scheduled at this time.  Kind of annoying because I was asking about over the counter surplus properties that did not sell at auction not when is the next auction. 

I got lucky with one county in another state where the county website said they "do not sell properties over the counter".  Turns out the properties transfer to a 3rd party govn't agency called a land bank and then they are sold over the counter.  I was hopping this was a similar scenario but no such luck at least not yet. 

Loading replies...