Skip to content
Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Carmen Martin
Votes |
Best brokerage for an agent who only wants MLS access?

Carmen Martin
Posted Nov 24 2023, 17:50

Hi Bigger Pockets community! 

I received my Pennsylvania Real Estate about two years ago, and I haven't sold a thing. Ultimately decided it wasn't for me, but use the MLS to help friends, and to help my husband and I start our investing journey.

I was licensed through RealtyOne, but just switched my license to inactive.. I would like to stay active  but want a brokerage that is more economical.

For added clarity - I plan on doing zero deals, as I have a realtor we know and trust. I legitimately just want an active license to go see homes, and use the MLS.

Thoughts? 

User Stats

Votes
Abel Curiel
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Queens, NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Queens, NY
Replied Jan 15 2024, 14:57
Quote from @Carmen Martin:

Hi Bigger Pockets community! 

I received my Pennsylvania Real Estate about two years ago, and I haven't sold a thing. Ultimately decided it wasn't for me, but use the MLS to help friends, and to help my husband and I start our investing journey.

I was licensed through RealtyOne, but just switched my license to inactive.. I would like to stay active  but want a brokerage that is more economical.

For added clarity - I plan on doing zero deals, as I have a realtor we know and trust. I legitimately just want an active license to go see homes, and use the MLS.

Thoughts? 

Hello Carmen!

Is your agent able to share MLS access via client portal? My local MLS has a portal called "command" which allows clients to search properties. They're able to save searches, set up auto searches and make property lists.

If this is not an option, I'd recommend looking into a broker with little-no monthly fee. 

eXp has an $85/mo. fee which is cool.. plus, if you do ever decide to transact, the company allows you 2 transactions/year where you do not pay a % to the brokerage.

All the best to you on your company search!

Abel

• Real Estate Agent NY (#10401295960)

REbuild Team - eXp Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
Russell Brazil
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington, D.C.
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington, D.C.
ModeratorReplied Jan 15 2024, 15:18

Im a top 1% agent and rarely use the actual MLS. All the information is available on 3rd party websites that have much better user interfaces.

District Invest Group Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes