Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Bob C.
  • Investor
  • Hopewell Junction, NY
Votes |
BiggerPockets Saved me THOUSANDS!

Bob C.
  • Investor
  • Hopewell Junction, NY
Posted Nov 4 2013, 17:56

HOLY COW!!

Talk about quick and tangible results.

I was bouncing around different threads the other day, learning, devouring, soaking it all in and I ran across a discussion re kitchen cabinets. Here's a topic that has been vexing me. I can't stand spending 6 or 7 thousand dollars for decent cabinets. (a notch or two above crappy builders grade cabinets). I kept hunting for a better solution - I knew there was WAY too much profit margin in those cabinets.

In this thread, someone mentioned Grossman's Bargain Outlet. I had never heard of the store and the prices that were being discussed sounded amazing. I looked up the store and it turns out there is one about 50 minutes away from me. I sent in my kitchen design to them and in a matter of hours I got a quote. for a large kitchen that I'm about to do that was quoted from two other local sources recommended by other investors in the area of $10,000. Bargain outlet was about 6500 (for equal quality)!!! OMG!!

So... BANG!! Bigger pockets just saved me $3500 on this one house - not to mention the thousands that I'll save from all the other houses going forward.

And this is just ONE example!! I have no doubt that this kind of epiphany is going to happen regularly around here.

I just want to say thank you to BP and the community. I hope someday I will be a will to contribute to/help others on this board.

Loading replies...