Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Wendell De Guzman
  • Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Real Life of a Private Lender - Should I Start this Thread? Your opinion needed

Wendell De Guzman
  • Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Posted

My private lender and I decided to pool our resources together and we're putting up a private lending company. 

Our goal is to ultimately put up a HEDGE FUND focused on lending money to real estate investors. 

As my forum thread - the Real Life of a Real Estate Investor (here's the LINK) is quite helpful to BP Nation, I was wondering if starting another forum thread - "Real Life of a Private Lender" will be equally helpful.

I can see the benefits this will provide to the BP Community are as follows:

1) BP members will understand how a private lender thinks (psychology of lending money and what lenders regard as "risks")

2) BP members will see why some deals get funded and some deals don't get funded (is it a DEAL or NO DEAL?)

3) BP members will see why some borrowers don't get funded and how you can AVOID their mistakes (of course, I will not share sensitive info about my borrowers - NO names and contact info will be shared); and

4) BP members will understand HOW TO RAISE CAPITAL (do you know that private lenders also lend other people's money, not just their own?) - BP members will also learn what you can and can NOT do when raising money.

I always get the complain that it's so hard to raise money. My hope is this new forum thread will help educate BP Nation on how a private lender thinks so raising money becomes easier for your real estate deals.

If you think a Real Life of a Private Lender forum thread will be good, then reply with a YES. If I get 20 or more YES's then I will start this forum thread. If not, I will keep my money lending and capital-raising "secrets" to myself :-)

Wendell

P.S. You might be wondering why am I willing to share these "secrets"? Well...my Real Life of a Real Estate Investor forum thread was helpful in my business as it helped me attract buyers, sellers, lenders and investors. My estimate is that my Real Life of a Real Estate Investor forum thread has a $100K contribution to my profit in the past 37 weeks (so that's like making over $2700 every time I post my weekly business updates!). So, my hope is that my Real Life of a Private Lender will also help make my private lending business more successful while helping the BP Community at the same time. So, if you want an inside-look into the mind of a private lender, reply NOW with a simple "YES"!

Loading replies...