What is Your Greatest/ Proudest Real Estate Achievement?

9 Replies

I am just getting started in real estate investing and plan to house hack my first investment property within the next year. Listening to the BP podcast everyday and reading the forums gets me super excited about REI. I bet the first deal stands out in an investor's mind, but what is one achievement, directly or indirectly, related to REI that you feel is your greatest achievement or the one you are most proud of. From your first deal, to your 500th, to quitting your job, etc. I am interested to find out what different investors see as their greatest acheivement is.

My greatest real estate achievement has been getting my real estate business earning enough cash flow each month to allow me to transition from my full time corporate job to a part-time corporate job.  It has also allowed my wife and I to supplement our income so that she can be a stay-at-home mom to our 3 children.  I'm really happy that my wife is now able to focus her attention on raising our kiddos.

Originally posted by @J Scott:

Buying that first house.  Hardest thing I've ever done in this business.

Was that harder than speaking to the one  and apparently only bp convention?  

Mine was my first flip.  Fortunately,  I had lots of help from Carol and J Scott!

@Jeremy S.

newly minted CA RE agent at 18  took me 3 months to finally make my first sale after a ton of rejection some tears and thinking this is a crappy business.  made 600 dollars and thought wow is this great.. I could be pumping gas for 1.35 an hour...

40 years later still slogging away.. lots of great moments and lots of not so great but all in all would not change a thing.. never have worked for anyone in my life done it all on my own.. the good and the bad.

Medium ksqoekox 400x400Jay Hinrichs, TurnKey-Reviews.com | Podcast Guest on Show #222

@Michael Rogers

Congrats on being able to work part-time and being able to swing having your wife stay at home with the kids. I think having the freedom to make those choices is many investors end goals or at least one of them. That is an awesome achievement.

@J Scott
Multiple people have told me their first property was the hardest to buy. Congrats on all your success. I have heard your name multiple times on the BP podcasts, but I haven't listened one of yours yet. I have been randomly jumping around on the feed. I'll make sure to do so tomorrow!

Last month I acquired my 700th property. Pretty proud of that because I doubt that I'll buy 700 more. 

I think my greatest achievement was surviving the real estate Great Depression without losing any of my investor's money (although I lost a heck of a lot of my own), without losing any property, and came out the other side with a much larger and stronger real estate investment business than I ever would have imagined.

I think my "proudest achievement" is having raised over $25 million from investors (and growing), all by word-of-mouth and referrals. I don't take that trust for granted.

Medium praxis capital logo cmyk stacked 900pxBrian Burke, Praxis Capital, Inc. | [email protected] | http://www.PraxCap.com | Podcast Guest on Show #152

My greatest achievement is taking RealEstate course and put it into action.

Originally posted by @Brian Burke :

Last month I acquired my 700th property. Pretty proud of that because I doubt that I'll buy 700 more. 

I think my greatest achievement was surviving the real estate Great Depression without losing any of my investor's money (although I lost a heck of a lot of my own), without losing any property, and came out the other side with a much larger and stronger real estate investment business than I ever would have imagined.

I think my "proudest achievement" is having raised over $25 million from investors (and growing), all by word-of-mouth and referrals. I don't take that trust for granted.

I'd be surprised if you don't buy 700 more at least. You may not hold to any of them, but I bet you buy them. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you