Live and Flip in Columbus Ohio - $106,600 Gross Profit

49 Replies

Here is a live and flip I did in the Clintonville area of Columbus Ohio.  After Realtor fees and closing costs I netted about $67,000k.  I just finished my 3rd live and flip (staying for two years) and am currently looking for my next opportunity which will be a flip I wont live in.  Looking to bail on the JOB.  Check out the transformation below:

Awesome job! Pictures look amazing! How did you come across this property?   I am just getting started in the Columbus Area. I am planning on flipping properties without ever starting the live in route. I would love to connect sometime. 

The property was on the MLS in 2012. It was an estate sale. We scooped it up in less than 24hrs. Deals were easier to come by back then. I went the REO route on my latest property.....now those are even hard to come by.

Originally posted by @Marty Rini :

Here is a live and flip I did in the Clintonville area of Columbus Ohio.  After Realtor fees and closing costs I netted about $67,000k.  I just finished my 3rd live and flip (staying for two years) and am currently looking for my next opportunity which will be a flip I wont live in.  Looking to bail on the JOB.  Check out the transformation below:

Well done Marty,

Looks great.

Keep up the great work.

Great job with this live in flip!  Did you do all the work yourself?  The property looks terrific!

I am at the tail end of my "live in flip" for my house.  I have done all the work myself and saved me thousands of dollars. Instead of flipping though, I am doing a cash out refi and pulling out $50,000 cash in equity to buy more properties.  The increase in mortgage payment is only $300 on my 15 year note.  The loan should be funded in a couple days.

My plan is to purchase 1 4plex for income and 1SFH to do another "live in rent out" if that is a term.  I will rent out my current home and have my tenants pay off the mortgage.

Here are a couple pics of the kitchen remodel that I am 95% done.  I did all the work myself and hope to make it look as awesome as your house! :-)  Great job again!

Dustin Heiner - www.masterpassiveincome.com

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you