Latest Flip! Sold! First person that looked at it for full price!

22 Replies

Thought I would share our latest flip. Not our best but not bad either. Sold to the first person who looked at it for full price! Thanks to our great realtor! Thanks to our private money lenders who make this possible!! They thank us too as they do well themselves working with us :)

This house is in the Richmond VA area in a great location called Bon Air. We are on the hunt for another so please let us know if you have anything in the Richmond area! This house has 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths and is a great Tri-level from the 70's

Not a killer deal as we paid a little too much for it but it was in such a great location we thought it would go fast and it sure did!!

Bought and closed on it in August for $167,000

Put about $51,000 into it

Sold for $269,900 less $3,000 in closing cost

Realtor fee $13,495

Holding cost including Private Money cost $10,800

Profit about $24,605.00   (We shoot for about $25K per deal and yes we miss it sometimes)

Here are some before and after photos.

That's enough pictures for now but we have lots of others showing the rest of the home including the bedrooms, master bath etc. If you would like to see more please email us and I will be glad to send you a Drop Box link so you can view them all.

Again let us know if you have anything in our area as we would love to work any wholesaler, private lender or any investor in the area. Lets make some money separately or partner up!!

Thanks and Happy Investing!!

the upstairs looks like a low headroom, but the color scheme is great. looks amazing.

did you have a stager? great job!

Really nice work.

Thanks guys! George P the ceiling is not as low as it looks and is at 7'6". This is the upper room (4th level) that is accessed from the 3rd level hallway and is staged as an office but would make a great playroom or bedroom.

Yes did have it staged by a prof. We used to do all our own staging but we now leave that up to the professionals. That way we focus on what we are good at which is finding and renovating the homes!

Again thanks for the compliments all!

It looks great @Ron Biggs ! I'm impressed by what you can do for $51,000 in VA. Two questions for you: was the brick already on the exterior but just covered up by the bushes? Where did you buy your bathroom vanities? We're looking for another source for bath vanities other than our local Home Depot and Lowe's because they're fairly expensive and not very well built. Thanks for sharing!

Could you tell me the name of the paint color you used for the walls and the brand used?

Spectacular job. The exterior after picture looks picture perfect with the trees as a back drop along with that beautiful sky. The extra high vanity in the first bathroom really catches your eye.  The choice of furniture is outstanding; not too traditional, yet not too far out there to cause negative reactions. Your stagers did a great job with balancing the amount of furniture, pictures, knick knacks etc., and leaving enough open space.  It really makes the rooms pop. I can see why it sold to the first buyer.  They certainly know their business.  Like pretty much everyone, I'm looking for private money; any chance you'd be willing to let us know who you use?

Nicely done!  Looks great....thanks for sharing!

Stunning renovation Ron Bigs. Congratulations on a quick sale.  I would have bought the house on my first run through too! : )

Very nice work 

@Ron Biggs I have a property in Richmond...pm me for details! Good JOB!

Nice job!  I made the move to Richmond in August.  It helps to see that it can be done here.  The market seems so hot right now to buy though.

One of my favorite "updates" to a property is ripping out all of the old/nasty landscaping. It's amazing how much that changes the curb appeal.

quick turnaround congratulations what is the typical holding time in your area i am curious 

Great job Ron! I'm in Chesterfield as well. I have friends in Bon Air and that area is known for great schools so a nice area to flip or own a rental. Keep up the good work!

Awesome! It looks great now, no wonder it sold for top dollar! Very inspiring, keep it up.

Nice work. Thanks for sharing.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here