Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Collin Schwartz#5 Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Papillion, NE
Votes |
0-25 units in four months and it all started with Bigger Pockets!

Collin Schwartz#5 Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Papillion, NE
Posted Aug 18 2017, 18:21

Its amazing that the morning of January 1st I knew nothing about real estate investing. Now after purchasing six deals with a seventh under contract I realize I have just scratched the surface and have much more to learn.

After reading Rich Dad Poor Dad on Jan 1st (and three days before my 32nd birthday) I had a realization… I needed to get my a** in gear, take calculated risks, and begin pursuing the lifestyle I have always dreamed of.

I started my real estate endeavor by reading numerous books including “Millionaire Real Estate Investor”, “The One Thing”, “Multi-Family Millions”, by David Lindahl, “Toddlers Are A**holes” (more on that later), all of Ken McElroy’s books and many more. I couldn’t get enough real estate insight by reading alone so I started consuming Bigger Pockets podcasts on my drives to work.

At the same time I took the advice of the books/podcasts I was reading and reached out to everyone smarter and more successful than me. That lead me to…. My wife’s, cousins, boyfriends, friends, friend….seriously! (I will include an ancestry chart in the appendix). This individual is now my mentor, business partner, and good friend.

First deal: 100% attributed to Bigger Pockets. Colton Luchsinger (great real estate agent!) reached out to me on BP and after some conversations he sent me a deal. Not having a clue what to do I reached out to my soon to be partner for his opinion (wifes, cousin, brothers, friend, etc.). On my own accord I would have said no to the property, being too fearful of the lackluster financials, he on the other hand saw an opportunity and he was correct. The property appraised at 20% over sales price and rents have been increased substantially after purchase.

Today I just closed on my 24th and 25th unit less than four months after my first deal.

I am so grateful and happy to be in the position I am in. The days since January 1st have taught me more about business and myself than nearly a lifetime of learning.

I hope to continue to connect with amazing individuals on BP and learn from others everyday!

(Below is a pic of 24 and 25.)

Loading replies...